diy solar

diy solar

Can Solar & Wind Fix Everything (e.g., Climate Change) with a battery break-through?

aenyc, that's a job for our grandkids, ours's was to get the ball rolling in the right direct.

our endgame is there is no end to the story.
Leaving a mess for the grandkids is just more bs. They already will be strapped with financial… their grandkids grandkids SLAVES ….

@drDo2Much

We have done much more research that you would care to admit, and the numerous links posted here prove it. You however, chose to ignore anything that does not suit your preferred narrative.Who is "we". and I don't consider the opinions of 6th grade drops out on social media to be reliable sources.
Who is "we".
I don't consider the opinions of people on social media as reliable evidence. Particularly when they have no credentials.
What are your credentials"? Have you ever studied the science of climate?
Have you even graduated from the high school?
Here we go again, just for you! Examples of this nonsense, complete made up garbage (i.e. cLIEmate crisis/change)

After all, we all know that climate change makes for shorter winters . . . except for when it makes for harsher winters.
And climate change means less snow . . . except for when climate change means more snow.
And climate change causes droughts in California and floods in Texas and Oklahoma, and generally makes wet places wetter and dry places drier, except when it makes wet places drier and dry places wetter.
And climate change causes more hurricanes at the same time as it causes fewer hurricanes.
Climate change causes more rain, but less water? . . . And less rain, but more water?
Climate change decreases the spread of malaria at the same time as it increases the spread of malaria. (But don’t worry! The Terminator himself advises us not to listen to those climate change cynics, hey guys?)
Climate change makes San Francisco foggier.
Climate change makes San Francisco less foggy.
Climate change causes duller autumn leaves.
Climate changes causes more colourful autumn leaves.
Climate change makes for less salty seas.
Climate change makes for saltier seas.
Climate change causes the polar ice caps to melt.
Climate change causes the polar ice caps to freeze.
Climate change makes the earth hotter, unless the earth isn’t getting hotter, in which case climate change can explain that, too!
Once again you post a bunch of BS with no references. Sorry I forgot, you probably don't know what references are.

What’s the problem here? This sounds like the perfect scientific theory. It can explain literally everything, including self-contradictory things! This means it’s absolutely perfect, isn’t it?

Well, no, not according to Karl Popper and the philosophers of science.

And within the philosophy of science, there’s something called the demarcation problem. How do you differentiate science from pseudoscience?

If you’re at all interested in this, I would suggest you read through Karl Popper’s Conjectures and Refutations, in which he lays out his criterion for differentiating science and pseudoscience, namely falsification.
To differentiate science from pseudoscience, one must know the science.
Starting with the premise that all scientist are stupid, isn't very convincing.

@Dr Do2much

More strawman arguments. This has absolutely nothing to do with me, but with ACTUAL real (not paid for) scientists who have went on record stating that the entire "cLIMate narrative" is hoax.

And this movie captures the whole thing pretty well

Oh and This, on how much BS is coming from "Establishment" in recent years

"The climate bogeyman is nothing more than another covid-like fraud, a vehicle for grabbing power and erasing our freedoms. There is no threat, and even if there was there is nothing that human beings could do about it since we have no bearing whatsoever on the course of the Earth’s temperatures. The world’s climate has been changing for millions of years, and there is no difference between the changes of today vs the changes of the past.

The globalists know that to achieve the “new world order” or the “great reset” they desire, a large percentage of the population has to be onboard. And since most people have a measure of conscience as well as self interest, their enslavement has to be presented as a positive. Tthey must be made to believe that by embracing slavery they are saving the planet and the lives of others.

None of this is true of course, but as long as the populace thinks they are doing good they can often be manipulated into supporting immense evil."

@Dr Do2much
You realize that the "blue" are links with references to the Establishment Media do you? One more time just for you

@Dr Do2much

We have done much more research that you would care to admit, and the numerous links posted here prove it. You however, chose to ignore anything that does not suit your preferred narrative.

Here we go again, just for you! Examples of this nonsense, complete made up garbage (i.e. cLIEmate crisis/change)

After all, we all know that climate change makes for shorter winters . . . except for when it makes for harsher winters.
And climate change means less snow . . . except for when climate change means more snow.
And climate change causes droughts in California and floods in Texas and Oklahoma, and generally makes wet places wetter and dry places drier, except when it makes wet places drier and dry places wetter.
And climate change causes more hurricanes at the same time as it causes fewer hurricanes.
Climate change causes more rain, but less water? . . . And less rain, but more water?
Climate change decreases the spread of malaria at the same time as it increases the spread of malaria. (But don’t worry! The Terminator himself advises us not to listen to those climate change cynics, hey guys?)
Climate change makes the earth hotter, unless the earth isn’t getting hotter, in which case climate change can explain that, too!

What’s the problem here? This sounds like the perfect scientific theory. It can explain literally everything, including self-contradictory things! This means it’s absolutely perfect, isn’t it?

And within the philosophy of science, there’s something called the demarcation problem. How do you differentiate science from pseudoscience?

If you’re at all interested in this, I would suggest you read through Karl Popper’s Conjectures and Refutations, in which he lays out his criterion for differentiating science and pseudoscience, namely falsification.

@Dr Do2much
You realize that the "blue" are links with references to the Establishment Media do you? One more time just for you

@Dr Do2much

We have done much more research that you would care to admit, and the numerous links posted here prove it. You however, chose to ignore anything that does not suit your preferred narrative.

Thanks for editing in some links. I'll check them out.

@drDo2Much

First link doesn't open
First link deals with snowfall in the UK only
Second link deals strictly with the entire continent of Eurasia
First link is a media site. Who among us doesn't trust anything in the media.
First link, 2015 dealt with Atlantic hurricanes and not global cyclones.
Second link, 2007 article referenced was based on global cyclones, which concluded that there were fewer but more powerful storms
NOT A FAIR COMPARISON

First link, 2005 was referring to the ability on our infrastructure to store (via reservoirs ) the water since spring melts will be sooner and faster.
Second link, 2004, The general theory is that as temperatures rise, more water evaporates from the seas and so there is more rain - much of which will fall on land ...
I see no conflict between the articles.

First link, 2011, warmer temperatures seem to slow transmission of malaria
Second link, 2014, The mosquitoes that carry malaria are spreading to higher latitudes
Conclusion, larger geographic area subject to contracting the disease but less contagious.

I will continue to research the links you supplied and comment soon.

First link doesn't open

First link deals with snowfall in the UK only
Second link deals strictly with the entire continent of Eurasia

First link is a media site. Who among us doesn't trust anything in the media.

First link, 2015 dealt with Atlantic hurricanes and not global cyclones.
Second link, 2007 article referenced was based on global cyclones, which concluded that there were fewer but more powerful storms
NOT A FAIR COMPARISON

First link, 2005 was referring to the ability on our infrastructure to store (via reservoirs ) the water since spring melts will be sooner and faster.
Second link, 2004, The general theory is that as temperatures rise, more water evaporates from the seas and so there is more rain - much of which will fall on land ...

First link, 2011, warmer temperatures seem to slow transmission of malaria
Second link, 2014, The mosquitoes that carry malaria are spreading to higher latitudes
Conclusion, larger geographic area subject to contracting the disease but less contagious.

I will continue to research the links you supplied and comment soon.
Nice work Dr.
These guys read headlines and call it research.
What a bunch of dopes.

All links open, stop BSing.
Anyone can verify this in 10 seconds, so nice try (LOL).

Now go educate yourself:

All links open, stop BSing.
Anyone can verify this in 10 seconds, so nice try (LOL).

Now go educate yourself:

I can’t open the first one

And while you are at it:

I can’t open the first one

Nice try, lol

Extra credit for doing a classic libbie tactic of flattering each other lol!

Last edited:
"
Instead, we have taken a completely different approach when calculating automotive efficiency: assuming 100 kWh of available thermal energy, how far can a driver expect to travel in an ICE compared with an EV. We prefer this methodology, as it aligns with our intuitive understanding of “efficiency:”: how much can we get out of a single unit of energy. Using this approach, the race isn’t even close --the ICE wins “hands down.”

An efficient ICE can expect to achieve 37 miles per gallon of gasoline or 98 kWh of thermal energy per 100 miles. The vehicle components require 20 MWh, or 15 kWh per 100 miles, when amortized over a useful life of 170,000 miles—according to Argon Labs. The ICE can expect to consume 112 kWh per 100 miles, of which 90% represents thermal energy in the form of gasoline. Oil extraction benefits from a very high EROI of 60:1 at the wellhead. In other words, 60 units of thermal energy, in the form of crude, comes up the wellbore for every unit of energy invested. Transportation and refining consume approximately 15% of the energy contained in the crude, lowering the EROI to 50. To be conservative, we are assuming an ultimate EROI of 45. Therefore, investing one kWh of thermal energy will create 45 kWh of thermal energy, propelling the ICE 41 miles.

A modern EV consumes 32 kWh of direct electrical energy per 100 miles. The battery requires an additional 24 MWh, which over the vehicle’s useful life of 120,000 miles equals 20 kWh per 100 miles. The remaining vehicle components consume 27 kWh per 100 miles. The EV can expect to consume 80 kWh per 100 miles, of which 95% is electricity.

Assuming the electricity is generated in a natural gas-fired power plant, the EROI is approximately 25 once transmission line losses are considered. Starting again with one kWh of thermal energy, we would expect to generate 25 kWh of electricity. The EV would, therefore, travel 32 miles – 20% less than the ICE. If electricity is generated using a mixture of unbuffered wind and solar, the EROI could be as low as 13. Therefore, one kWh of energy would only generate 13 kWh of electricity, propelling the EV a mere 16 miles – over 60% less than the ICE.

Never in history has a less efficient “prime mover” displaced a more efficient one. We believe this time will be no different. While governments may try to coerce drivers into buying EVs or even ban ICE altogether, these policies will ultimately fail as consumers insist on keeping their more efficient vehicles. A new battery breakthrough would help make EVs more energy efficient, and we are studying the space very closely. In particular, we are impressed with the work being done by the team at PureLithium, in which we have made a small private investment. However, we cannot identify any battery technology that would materially change this analysis. Until then, we expect internal combustion engines will continue to dominate, and EV penetration will disappoint. "

Here tommy this shit is proven time tested perfect combo nuke and pumped water

Post in thread 'Can Solar & Wind Fix Everything (e.g., Climate Change) with a battery break-through?'
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/c...ith-a-battery-break-through.25299/post-744662

I thought you were leaving? 🤡😀🤣

Don’t feel bad several ppl have me on ignore because am abrasive. 😀🤣🤣 you are just annoying to the ppl ignoring you. 😀🤣 wanna trade…. My abrasive for your annoying? I am actually glad to be on ignore by them. 🤡

Tommy

Almost forgot to mention we Americans mostly sleep at night so loads are low….for your projects. HOWEVER
IF we all go EV and plug up at night then there goes the extra power we once used to power the water pump station generators and your new system.
No extra power …. Just a thought. Solar panels sleep at night too. Figure out way to make panels work at night.

Ppl stopped making their own whiskey, beer, and growing food when it became easier to just buy at a store. Lazy and more practical. Most Ppl will want to just plug into the existing over burdened over taxed unattended decaying electrical grid.

IMG_5732.png

Don’t feel bad several ppl have me on ignore because am abrasive.
D71, they are correct, I'm very annoying to them, some of that is because I'm very happy with the way
things are going for the most part. it doesn't help much either that I'm in the KAG party, not the MAGA party.
and my limited writing skills piss me off also, I miss not going to high school English classes.

Last edited:
Back