diy solar

diy solar

Can you buy EG4 equipment without doing thru signature solar?

Crowz

Solar Wizard
I wouldn't mind buying the chargeverter but I don't want to do business with signature solar (not going on a rant just seriously don't like what I have seen lately so leave it at that).

So do they have exclusive rights to all eg4 stuff? If so is there another product that does the same thing?

Also I don't want to buy thru someone that is reselling ss's stuff.

The thing that I like about the chargeverter from what Ive seen is it will work great with my generator so if I go with another product I would want something that can handle a generators less the perfect output.

Yes Current Connected carries the chargeverter.
I thought I read they were reselling ss's stuff on that. If I'm wrong please let me know I'm not saying they are I just thought I had read that which was why I put in the not reselling part.

If they are not reselling I'll get it thru them.

While that's possible to buy EG4 equipment elsewhere. You should know that EG4 is basically just Signature Solar's house brand. Technically, they are two different companies, but two different companies staffed and owned by the same people.

The chargeverter seems to be a somewhat unique innovation from them and not exactly replicated in any similar products.

They say they created it from the necessary components singled out from an all in one, so the alternative would be to buy another brand all in one and just use it for charging, but the chargeverter is definitely a nicer packaging of that function.

I contacted current connected just now via the forum to see if they can help me or not.

The chargeverter seems to be a somewhat unique innovation from them and not exactly replicated in any similar products.

They say they created it from the necessary components singled out from an all in one, so the alternative would be to buy another brand all in one and just use it for charging, but the chargeverter is definitely a nicer packaging of that function.
Thats what I was finding in my searches.

While that's possible to buy EG4 equipment elsewhere. You should know that EG4 is basically just Signature Solar's house brand. Technically, they are two different companies, but two different companies staffed and owned by the same people.
That's what I was afraid of. I ordered my solar racking saturday from another company since I couldn't find the ground rack I wanted that ss had from anyone else.

The thing that I like about the chargeverter from what Ive seen is it will work great with my generator so if I go with another product I would want something that can handle a generators less the perfect output.
see the link in my sig for a DIY version for charging batts off AC power useing commercial server power supplies.

If you like to tinker this might interest you... Sooner than later I need to order the stuff and build one. Winter is approaching fast..

If you like to tinker this might interest you... Sooner than later I need to order the stuff and build one. Winter is approaching fast..
Yours and schism's ideas sound great but I can't see close up things that well anymore. Every time I've tried soldering something of late that wasn't a large post or power lug things didn't go so well :)

They're essentially just telecom rectifiers in a box. You can make your own:

The ones I got were 100 Euro each (used) including shipping. Put two of those together and you have the same power as a Chargeverter. You can expand as you need.

@Crowz and no need to solder anything. They come with screw terminals on the adapter.

Yours and schism's ideas sound great but I can't see close up things that well anymore. Every time I've tried soldering something of late that wasn't a large post or power lug things didn't go so well :)
Should be no soldering with the DIY.

I'll look at the model of the clamp on desk magnifier with 3 different light color temperatures I got for my mechanics when I'm at work tomorrow... It would make soldering a dream.

Should be no soldering with the DIY.

I'll look at the model of the clamp on desk magnifier with 3 different light color temperatures I got for my mechanics when I'm at work tomorrow... It would make soldering a dream.
Cool thanks.

Back