diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

Girlfriend(working from home) just reported that my cells have arrived. UPS tracking still shows that they're yet to be picked up. Mine are dismantled Eve 280ah EV cells, from a different supplier, so fingers crossed!

Girlfriend(working from home) just reported that my cells have arrived. UPS tracking still shows that they're yet to be picked up. Mine are dismantled Eve 280ah EV cells, from a different supplier, so fingers crossed!
I just received my cells from this different supplier last week. They were packed 2 to a box, and arrived in good shape. Hopefully it’s the same supplier and they arrive well.

Got home and cracked open boxes, they look fantastic. If you ordered Eve EV pack teardowns, you're probably good to go.

That's enough out of me, don't mean to rub salt in wounds. Sorry folks.

Got home and cracked open boxes, they look fantastic. If you ordered Eve EV pack teardowns, you're probably good to go.

So glad it worked out for you. I know that Michael never had any intention for any of this

Last edited:
The latest request from the supplier:

"We are negotiating with your UPS for compensation, we are Could you ask your customer to complain to UPS? Also provide us with the UPS complaint number ,that will be help a lot ,thanks in advance"

Please send the complaint numbers to the email address I provided for this mess.

I would add that I now have 64 of the cells that were part of this mess. I am not saying that any of you are misrepresenting anything at all, but of the 64 cells that I have that were part of this mess, 10 are badly damaged and or swollen.

Thank you for posting. I have long list of people that ordered through me that were/are happy with the results. This fiasco and the supplier that never managed to get in the good he was supposed to are the only blemishes on my record. I am working diligently to get both resolved but, unfortunately, the scope of each of these messes is just overwhelming and together pretty unmanageable.

My daughter has had and still has no real control over any of this, but she is working hard to help me get on it all taken care of.

I have 28 pristine GFB 277ah cells on hand in Michigan, and another 300+ CATL 302ah cells from EV packs (from a totally different supplier....the supplier that shipped the cells from Eve EV pack teardowns that OM617YOTA mentioned) that were shipped on pallets that will be delivered in the next day or two. Since they are from a trusted supplier and have been shipped on pallets they should be in great shape.

What about the money he made on these damaged cells. He could refund that as a good will gesture while people wait for final outcome. Michael doesn't deserve a commission on bad cells. He can refund money on orders not yet shipped.
I have had a small number of people that were are part of this manage to get full refunds, and that has seriously damaged my ability to provide refunds to some people that have cells that did not ship (nearly all part of the Lishen crap fest).

What I do not deserve, in my undoubtedly biased opinion, is a bunch of crap for circumstances that have been almost entirely beyond my control.

@Michael B Caro - As one of your satisfied customers (230Ah cells x 8 that were great!) I hope you can take this suggestion / criticism in stride: Don't refuse to post here on a regular basis, and don't tell people they need to do something that doesn't help. Complaining to UPS (which wasn't the only delivery service, as far as I can tell) is not productive. From my experience, UPS doesn't give a rat's ass about a complaint coming from anyone but the shipper. For all I know (and from what I've experienced) a complaint from a receiver doesn't even register.

Ease up, give a more frequent update, and don't blame everyone else. I think you are a good man.

@Michael B Caro - As one of your satisfied customers (230Ah cells x 8 that were great!) I hope you can take this suggestion / criticism in stride: Don't refuse to post here on a regular basis, and don't tell people they need to do something that doesn't help. Complaining to UPS (which wasn't the only delivery service, as far as I can tell) is not productive. From my experience, UPS doesn't give a rat's ass about a complaint coming from anyone but the shipper. For all I know (and from what I've experienced) a complaint from a receiver doesn't even register.

Ease up, give a more frequent update, and don't blame everyone else. I think you are a good man.
The request for filing a complaint with UPS and forwarding the complaint number is one I passed on from the supplier. NOT my idea. But I feel like I need to ask for what they want in order to keep pressing this as hard as I can. The supplier seems to feel that it will help them...I have no idea if that is true or not. But, if I were to NOT request something that the supplier wants, and this does not get resolved satisfactorily, how am I to know if having done that thing, or those things, was not the difference in the outcome?

I do not feel I am blaming everyone else. I am blaming the supplier, and anyone that handled them in between the supplier and when they were delivered (or recalled).

"We are negotiating with your UPS for compensation, we are Could you ask your customer to complain to UPS? Also provide us with the UPS complaint number ,that will be help a lot ,thanks in advance"
Early on I was asked to try and reach out to UPS to attempt to get info about the 1 of 4 boxes I never received. I could not find a place as the person who ordered and received the order, to file a complaint with UPS. My understanding is that the only party that can file a complaint is the Shipper / Supplier. But perhaps I have misunderstood the request.

As another repeat customer with Mike. I've done 7k with him. If he was dishonest and was going to fu^@#$ someone, I would have been easy . Were there issues . Yes. Did he let me know an option , yes.

Batts deliverd 2 weeks ago.

Yes 8 months. But shit happens. I see he is slowly getting results. Hell it took me 6 month with starmax on a totally fraud sale.
It takes time.

Early on I was asked to try and reach out to UPS to attempt to get info about the 1 of 4 boxes I never received. I could not find a place as the person who ordered and received the order, to file a complaint with UPS. My understanding is that the only party that can file a complaint is the Shipper / Supplier. But perhaps I have misunderstood the request.
Or perhaps the supplier is confused. I will pass on what you said to them.

Back