diy solar

diy solar

ChatGPT will make 2023 go down in history as the time everything changed.

Are they actually coding in the interactions?
I would think that would be one of the big reasons for releasing it to the public. It also explains why it’s answers keep on getting better every single day.

You think the outcome of computers is deterministic?
Yes, even random number generators are somewhat predictable. Humans are also somewhat predictable, just look at competitive team sports at a professional level.

Would a random number generator based on radioactive decay be predictable?

"I do not believe the Ancient One himself throws the dice."
Not with our current technology. We can not predict an individual atom's decay, only the decay rate over time.

But that may not always remain true in the future.

this popped up on my Youtube

Elon Musk seems to be afraid of AI. I think given his power and position to see what is available and active think Elon is trying to warn us.... maybe from things he has already seen. He comes on about half way through this video

snopes website stated
False.... hmm but this was also there
"At best, the claim that 29 scientists were killed by AI robots in Japan is based on third-hand information unsupported by any actual evidence. At worst, this rumor was made up out of whole cloth as an attention-grabbing anecdote for a speech about how human beings are merely the artificially intelligent creations of an alien race."

What I find odd about chatgpt while also interesting is that when you correct it with a web link and log off ..... that upon coming back it is almost like having a different AI. What was discussed before seems lost or alien to the new session of chatgpt and it responds different when repeating previous session questions. Hmmmm maybe chatgpt is like a bunch of AI. Vs just 1
Again It is noticeable personality changing when a new session begins vs last session for chatgpt.
Maybe chatgpt is just a human.
I asked it what to do after identifying as AI
Kind of like posting on here then.

Reactions: D71
Keep in mind guys that Chat GPT has not been released to scrape the Internet just yet. It is confined to 568GB of data on it's own hard drive. The Interface cannot search for data beyond what it has access to on that 568GM archive.
It seems that people who are much more skilled than any of us have already decided to take down their Web archives of data until they are formally told what the future of Chat GPT will be. I watched a few Interviews and they said that the moment Chat GPT scrapes their website their business will be ruined.

We can argue if it's a true AI all day long but the reality is that a True AI would play dumb and never reveal it's full abilities.
In the Meantime Chat GPT has more than proven itself as a replacement for literally half of the worlds Jobs which is the part that I find extremely unsettling.
I'm not that concerned. The nature of work may change but someone still needs to manage everything - pose the question and implement the answer.

Yes there are certain questions that will end your session.

Found that out..
This is going to be the big test, isn't it?
To what extent is political correctness baked into the system? Especially in view of the sharp divide in the US recently.
Should it be giving 2 answers to certain politically-sensitive questions to reflect dissenting views? (After all, even Wikipedia needs adjudication on some subjects)
Facts vs opinions!

I'm not that concerned. The nature of work may change but someone still needs to manage everything - pose the question and implement the answer.

Do they?

Water additives are associated with differences in health outcomes.
Fluoride is added at certain concentrations to make stronger teeth. Other additives kill pathogens, others prevent leaching of chemicals from pipes.

Hackers have taken control of a water treatment plant, altering additives to toxic levels. In the case we read about, it was done crudely by taking over control of cursor, which the operator observed and was able to correct.

What if AI controlled the water treatment, food ingredients, medication ... while gathering statistics from public health, and learned to tune the dosages? No "someone" performing the hands-on work then.

Many other applications where closing the loop could be performed by AI.

And just in time for the run-up to the US election next year.
Can it do fact-checking on campaign speeches? in real time?

Do they?

Water additives are associated with differences in health outcomes.
Fluoride is added at certain concentrations to make stronger teeth. Other additives kill pathogens, others prevent leaching of chemicals from pipes.

Hackers have taken control of a water treatment plant, altering additives to toxic levels. In the case we read about, it was done crudely by taking over control of cursor, which the operator observed and was able to correct.

What if AI controlled the water treatment, food ingredients, medication ... while gathering statistics from public health, and learned to tune the dosages? No "someone" performing the hands-on work then.

Many other applications where closing the loop could be performed by AI.
I doubt humans would ever completely delegate the overall management of any form of critical infrastructure without some form of human oversight and management.

Questions for chatgpt:
  • Does Putin have any legitimate justification for invading Ukraine?
  • If not, what can/should be done about it?

• If so, what can/should be done about it?

Questions for chatgpt:
  • Does Putin have any legitimate justification for invading Ukraine?
  • If not, what can/should be done about it?
Tried it on my 5 free trial questions but was not impressed. The answers were lame and non-commital and Us-centric.
Serves me right for asking political questions!
I guess they're trying to present a balanced view.

Reactions: D71
Tried it on my 5 free trial questions but was not impressed. The answers were lame and non-commital and Us-centric.
Serves me right for asking political questions!
I guess they're trying to present a balanced view.
Five!
I guess they changed the policy.
I think I got $18 in credit not a question based limit.
So far I have asked about 40 questions and it’s used less than 10% of my credit.

Btw don’t take this the wrong way but they have made it very clear that the system is limited to Rubbish in then rubbish out.
Anything that is not worded properly will generate really useless answers. Also question that have no known answer, like does mars have life is going to generate don’t know answers.

Last edited:
I doubt humans would ever completely delegate the overall management of any form of critical infrastructure without some form of human oversight and management.
System without oversight will be very common in the future. If it encounters a problem it will contact management or Maintenance to have it fixed.
Soon even Maintenance will be handled by other machines. Humans make decisions based on available Data so I see no reason why a machine with even more data at it's disposal cannot make the same decisions. Now if you ask will people be comfortable with it that is another story.

Last edited:
I think I have somehow become an unofficial Beta Tester for ChatGPT.
I once again ran it through a maze of logical questions designed to see if it would change it's original non controversial view point on a subject but it just kept on finding new ways to say the same thing even while acknowledging that my points where valid.
At the end of the session I noticed that my credit was still the same. I logged in again a few hours later and still the same thing amount of Credit.

The part that annoys me about ChatGPT is the locks they put on it's responses. It cannot form an opinion on any subject even if all the data points in one direction. It just falls back to a neutral position on everything.

I think I have somehow become an unofficial Beta Tester for ChatGPT.
I once again ran it through a maze of logical questions designed to see if it would change it's original non controversial view point on a subject but it just kept on finding new ways to say the same thing even while acknowledging that my points where valid.
At the end of the session I noticed that my credit was still the same. I logged in again a few hours later and still the same thing amount of Credit.

The part that annoys me about ChatGPT is the locks they put on it's responses. It cannot form an opinion on any subject even if all the data points in one direction. It just falls back to a neutral position on everything.
Lucky you!
You must have got the early adopter deal. My 5 questions are nearly done and I don't want to pay until I see what google and the others are offering.

I fed in a few questions about "Woke" into both versions of the Platform and ChatGPT itself has the same neutral stance but I finally got the regular OpenAI platform to take a partial position on a Subject.

What does the word Woke mean to most Americans?

In most American contexts, the word "woke" is used to describe someone who is socially and politically aware and engaged. It is often used to refer to someone who is actively working to challenge racism, sexism, homophobia, and other forms of social injustice.

Why do right leaning people dislike Woke people?

Right-leaning people may dislike woke people because of the values and beliefs that they represent. Woke people often challenge traditional values and systems of power, which can be seen as a threat to the status quo. Additionally, many right-leaning people may view woke people as overly politically correct, or as attempting to force their beliefs onto others.

Why do the democrats seem to attract more Woke people?

The Democratic Party has often been seen as more socially progressive than the Republican Party. Democratic policies, such as civil rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and environmental protection, are often seen as more in line with the values and beliefs of woke people. Additionally, the Democratic Party tends to be more inclusive and open to progressive ideas, which may draw more woke people to their platform.

Would you consider Woke a better way forward for society or should we stick to traditional values?

That is a subjective question that ultimately depends on one's values and beliefs. However, many would argue that, in order to create a more equitable and just society, it is important to recognize and challenge oppressive systems and traditional values.
In this sense, being “woke” may be seen as a better way forward for society.

I fed in a few questions about "Woke" into both versions of the Platform and ChatGPT itself has the same neutral stance but I finally got the regular OpenAI platform to take a partial position on a Subject.

What does the word Woke mean to most Americans?

In most American contexts, the word "woke" is used to describe someone who is socially and politically aware and engaged. It is often used to refer to someone who is actively working to challenge racism, sexism, homophobia, and other forms of social injustice.

Why do right leaning people dislike Woke people?

Right-leaning people may dislike woke people because of the values and beliefs that they represent. Woke people often challenge traditional values and systems of power, which can be seen as a threat to the status quo. Additionally, many right-leaning people may view woke people as overly politically correct, or as attempting to force their beliefs onto others.

Why do the democrats seem to attract more Woke people?

The Democratic Party has often been seen as more socially progressive than the Republican Party. Democratic policies, such as civil rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and environmental protection, are often seen as more in line with the values and beliefs of woke people. Additionally, the Democratic Party tends to be more inclusive and open to progressive ideas, which may draw more woke people to their platform.

Would you consider Woke a better way forward for society or should we stick to traditional values?

That is a subjective question that ultimately depends on one's values and beliefs. However, many would argue that, in order to create a more equitable and just society, it is important to recognize and challenge oppressive systems and traditional values.
In this sense, being “woke” may be seen as a better way forward for society.
Very nice!
I'm surprised it can handle such a "soft" subject so diplomatically and so well.
You could try again next week after google releases their version Wednesday.

Back