diy solar

diy solar

Cool text this morning from customer

Looks like rusty steel. Wood 2x4s would break under that kind of weight. 180 kWh of batteries.

That’s pretty rad! Like the idea of hanging the batteries that way too

Looks like rusty steel. Wood 2x4s would break under that kind of weight. 180 kWh of batteries.
If it’s a steel rack, I’m curious how those bus bars are mounted to the steel rack. That’s a lot of trust for whatever insulators are there, I hope they double stacked them for added insurance.

If it’s a steel rack, I’m curious how those bus bars are mounted to the steel rack. That’s a lot of trust for whatever insulators are there, I hope they double stacked them for added insurance.
Looks like wood block?

damn -- I have two of those EG4 indoor batteries and thought I was doing pretty good, lol. I'd love a 3rd, but have to be somewhat reasonable on the ole' bank account.

To be fair - both of mine are running excellent I'm only like 1.5 hours west of Signature Solar where I got all my gear, slowly but surely building up my ground mount system outdoors, I think I'm at 20 battery cycles currently? only 7980 left, hahah

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 17
Looks like those bus bars are mounted on chunks of wood being used as isolation mounts. Wood is conductive, especially when it gets wet. Another "my house burned down" in the making.

Looks like those bus bars are mounted on chunks of wood being used as isolation mounts. Wood is conductive, especially when it gets wet. Another "my house burned down" in the making.
I can see it now, I’m more curious at the through bolts from bus bar to 2x4 insulator to the steel rack. Prob a plastic/delrain bushing with a collar.

Last edited:
Two 18kPV $10,000
12 EG4 batteries $40,000
28kW PV + racks $15,000
other parts $10,000
Labor ? $25,000
Wow, I think we are seeing what a $100k system looks like :love:
We couldn't even imagine a system like this 4-5 years ago, when guys were spot welding 18650 cells into packs to build a system - remember?
Signature Solar, Current Connected, Watts247 are doing a lot of great work getting products & systems out.
Imagine what we will see posted in 2029 in the forum...exciting times ahead.

Back