diy solar

diy solar

Daly smart BMS

Using Google translate + some work, I have created the English version of the Sinowealth BMS Tool introduction document, including correct screenshots and translated tables.
Feel free to let me know if you find mistakes...

Attachments

• Sinowealth BMS Tool Introduction V0.1 English.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,358
Using Google translate + some work, I have created the English version of the Sinowealth BMS Tool introduction document, including correct screenshots and translated tables.
Feel free to let me know if you find mistakes...
Thank you, this is very helpful. I presume this is the interface for the smart bms by daly, any version? Some of the translation is odd, but that is to be expected from google.

Thank you, this is very helpful. I presume this is the interface for the smart bms by daly, any version? Some of the translation is odd, but that is to be expected from google.
This is the application from Sinowealth that Dali is asking us to use when dealing with their 3S, 4S and 5S BMS.
This is version 0.1 don't know if there is a newer version?

This is the application from Sinowealth that Dali is asking us to use when dealing with their 3S, 4S and 5S BMS.
This is version 0.1 don't know if there is a newer version?
Thank you, would you by any chance know about the 16s version? what it's called?

So I installed the Daly 250a smart BMS. When amperage hit 40a there was a warning "discharge mosfet temperature high."
Anyone else seen this? The max amps going through the BMS are 40a (that's the most the inverter it's connected to can draw)
The fan did kick on. Do you think the developer was just dumping his "state messages" as "warnings"?

Follow up, I'm away from the site and was told that the bms just totally turned off. Light board doesn't light up, even when long pressing for many seconds. Bluetooth and computer interface don't work. I told them to connect the P- to B- (As Will says to do to restart a Daly, though I think it's the non-"smart" models). No dice.

I don't know the battery voltage as I'm not on site at the moment.

When the one I use has gone to sleep, it wakes up when connected to the charger (10amp it what it is charging at). I have also checked continuity with an ohmmeter across P- and B - and that too brought the BMS back online..

So far my 80 amp 4s is working well, I pull 45 amps max through it with no fan. Good luck.

When the one I use has gone to sleep, it wakes up when connected to the charger (10amp it what it is charging at). I have also checked continuity with an ohmmeter across P- and B - and that too brought the BMS back online..

So far my 80 amp 4s is working well, I pull 45 amps max through it with no fan. Good luck.
I had the person onsite short P- to B- with another cable (this is surely what continuity is doing with your multimeter) no luck there.
He also had a solar charger hooked up but it was rainy so who knows maybe didnt hit 10a. Thanks for that tip. I contacted the factory and they just said to disconnect and reconnect and "tell them to use the bms in the right way" haha. Maybe the original Chinese was more profound.

Sorry for the late reply, on the continuity, it does matter which way you check it, I cannot recall if it is Positive from the multimeter to B- or P- but it will only wake it up one way.

Finally got my Daly 60A 4S Smart BMS with bluetooth and UART-USB.

I didnt figure out how to start the BMS by shorting the B- and P- wires (ie i didnt know what i was doing. Can someone pls explain that?)

I did start it up by charging with 10A, and got the Android app Bluetooth connected. What surprised me was i CAN set parameters via Bluetooth (despite what Daly aliexpress person told me). I tested setting the low temperature charge protection to 20 deg C, and cooled it / warmed it and it worked. What ive not been able to do is to get the USB - UART to work. One windows10 laptop found a driver, but neither Sinowealth nor the Daly software reported any values. My other windows laptop cant find a USB-serial driver for the dongle. Does anyone have a driver for this?

EDIT: Turns out i needed a USB-SERIAL CH340 driver and Sinowealth works.

Last edited:
Oh thanks, they are great resources.... just hidden away in their "news" section. (I was looking at dalyelec.com)

Yes, I just ploughed through the whole “news” pages to see what I could pick up. The link was posted by @asder in post#34 of this thread

The second link should be as follows:

(I messed up by including the same link twice in my original post above, and no longer have the ability to edit, so have asked the wonderful moderator team if they could correct my initial post)

Last edited:
@Csimmer I'm interested in the Daly 500A BMS w/BT and UART, but I'm finding their website to be quite confusing. Is this (link below) the item you ordered? Or is there another/better link? I don't see any direct reference to the comm devices/accessories at this link, but have seen them referenced on lower amperage models in their '3.2V High Current' line.

Thanks and Cheers,
Doug

You know you are dealing with a technical writer who really knows his audience when most of a page for someone who has built a battery and is installing a BMS (soldering ring connectors, etc.) has this:

1604776634322.png
Thanks Daly. That page was super helpful. :p

I have yet to see 1 Daly UART usb or BT connection that works and allows parameters to be set, Its vapor ware, the BT requires passcode that noone knows and UART plug doesnt show on SW program, it shows port connection 3 or 6 but no UART connection.
I have no problem using passcode 123456 and I can alter some parameters, but most annoyingly I can't alter the Battery Type or Capacity. I enter LiFePo4 but nothing appears and when I enter 200ah (my battery capacity) it enters some bizarre figure like 3.2ah. If I enter 50ah it will stick but if I enter 56ah it will change to 3ah of something like that. This also then screws with my SOC.

It is an 80 amp model, I can connect with UART to USB for the PC BMS tool to read and change settings, Bluetooth can monitor at the same time, but requires a passcode to change parameters, which I do not have.
Try 123456, works for me.

Back