diy solar

diy solar

Deye 5k Hybrid zero export to ct issue

torstein

Hello.

I have 2 5k deye hybrid invertes in paralell with a ct sensor Connected to the master in slot 3 and 4.

When setting max sell 200w its only selling 200w.

But when pv is not available it draws 360w from the grid and ct says 0w.

Anyone suggestions on how to fix this? Would realy like to get closer to zero on buy power when I have plenty of battery to taket from.

Hello.

I have 2 5k deye hybrid invertes in paralell with a ct sensor Connected to the master in slot 3 and 4.

Anyone suggestions on how to fix this? Would realy like to get closer to zero on buy power when I have plenty of battery to taket from.
Not sure if this will help.
I have the same setup and have usage set at 20 watt on the master inverter and no sell back, then I see fluctuating usage of the grid when on batteries.

1663249769301.png

Yes yours look much better than mine. Your is only off with 10w.

Where you get this Reading from? Ct sensor or from grid power meeter? Case my ct sensor shows 0 when actualy buying 350-400w

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220915-162954_Home Assistant.jpg
    Screenshot_20220915-162954_Home Assistant.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20220915-163226_Tibber.jpg
    Screenshot_20220915-163226_Tibber.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 10
I get my reading from solar assistant that get the info from the inverter.
Maybe When setting max sell 200w its only selling 200w. change this to zero unless you want to sell back.
edit,
Just checked this setting on mine and it is at 5000W,
but zero export.

Last edited:
yea. its weird. After some thinking and googling. Just to mention that I have extended my ct sensor to 30 meters away over a cat6 cable. Im guessing this might be the reason?

yea. its weird. After some thinking and googling. Just to mention that I have extended my ct sensor to 30 meters away over a cat6 cable. Im guessing this might be the reason?
Ah, yes that could be
I wanted to do the same and asked Deye if this would advisable, they said no and didn't do it and placed them close to my main panel.
Maybe you can play with the CT settings I remember there is somewhere in the menu where you can change the ratio.

Question: What were you expecting the inverter to do with the 200W sell limit. Is this sell limit the max the inverter should push back into the grid but does it apply to only excess PV or will it use the battery and sell back to the grid at a constant 200W with no solar. Seems like when there is no PV, the inverter needs grid to support itself and is not inverting battery power to push onto grid.

This is a picture from ct sensor. And grid meter so difference can be seen.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-15 210713.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-15 210713.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 20
Question: What were you expecting the inverter to do with the 200W sell limit. Is this sell limit the max the inverter should push back into the grid but does it apply to only excess PV or will it use the battery and sell back to the grid at a constant 200W with no solar. Seems like when there is no PV, the inverter needs grid to support itself and is not inverting battery power to push onto grid.
Should I not get closer to 0? If zero export is set to 020 it should only live in 20w from the grid and not 300-400w?

Then I don't know and possible cause is your extension of the CT wires.
The wire is longer different resistance thus giving the inverter wrong information on wat is used from the grid.
you can try the 020 setting to change like1000 and see if the usage from the grid increase then you would know if that is working

I was going to ask this. This is definitely your issue here. Some actual models can use a CHINT meter maybe yours supports it.

Then I don't know and possible cause is your extension of the CT wires.
The wire is longer different resistance thus giving the inverter wrong information on wat is used from the grid.
you can try the 020 setting to change like1000 and see if the usage from the grid increase then you would know if that is working
Yea that works. Trenger it draws 1000w more. Like 1360

Where is your CT coil connected?
please draw up the exact wiring diagram.
photo of the actual wiring with annotation would do.
Black wire from ct sensor in port 4. white in port 3 on the inverter. And ct wire is arround the L cable on the intake power of the house.

Black wire from ct sensor in port 4. white in port 3 on the inverter. And ct wire is arround the L cable on the intake power of the house.
I mean where is it clamped?
where are your loads connected?
this is why I am asking for the diagram, photo etc.

There is a new and popular way of connecting Deye that is NOT according to manual.
Take this case (https://diysolarforum.com/threads/jk-bms-not-showing-discharge-watts-or-amps.46838/#post-598031).
We went though all the trouble only to find out the user wired his BMS wrong.
I am not saying you wired yours wrong. I simply want to know how your Deye is wired, so I can visually imagine how current flows through in your system

+
Correct.
But where is it pointing to?
as expected
What is your supporting evidence it is drawing from Grid?
Maybe you have some devices connected BEFORE the CT coil?

+

Correct.
But where is it pointing to?

as expected

What is your supporting evidence it is drawing from Grid?
Maybe you have some devices connected BEFORE the CT coil?
No there are no decices as i know of before the coil. I have also checked if i sell max 200 it will not sell 200 if power awailable. But it works with sell 400w.

When negative power ct shows correct value. But buy value is incorrect. Arrow is pointing to the inverter.

Back