diy solar

diy solar

Deye 5k Hybrid zero export to ct issue

I mean where is it clamped?
where are your loads connected?
this is why I am asking for the diagram, photo etc.

There is a new and popular way of connecting Deye that is NOT according to manual.
Take this case (https://diysolarforum.com/threads/jk-bms-not-showing-discharge-watts-or-amps.46838/#post-598031).
We went though all the trouble only to find out the user wired his BMS wrong.
I am not saying you wired yours wrong. I simply want to know how your Deye is wired, so I can visually imagine how current flows through in your system
Yes its wired like it says in the manual. And i have 2x in paralell

I mean where is it clamped?
where are your loads connected?
this is why I am asking for the diagram, photo etc.

There is a new and popular way of connecting Deye that is NOT according to manual.
Take this case (https://diysolarforum.com/threads/jk-bms-not-showing-discharge-watts-or-amps.46838/#post-598031).
We went though all the trouble only to find out the user wired his BMS wrong.
I am not saying you wired yours wrong. I simply want to know how your Deye is wired, so I can visually imagine how current flows through in your system
I also use a jk bms but as far as i know its connected correctly. Only without the rs485 bms to the deye inverter. This is configured with voltage in the deye.

Yea that works. Trenger it draws 1000w more. Like 1360
Then there is a difference in the signal wat the inverter reads.
The difference is 360 Watts and I think that has to do with your extension of the wires.
IMO the arrow on the CT needs to point to the grid!
Will check later the ratio on for the CT on mine.

Then there is a difference in the signal wat the inverter reads.
The difference is 360 Watts and I think that has to do with your extension of the wires.
IMO the arrow on the CT needs to point to the grid!
Will check later the ratio on for the CT on mine.
Thank you ? can this be corrected by changing the ratio?

You are running in circles here. The problem is caused by the distance from the inverter to the CT coil. Nothing else, bring the CT coil closer to the inverter or replace it with a CHINT meter (if your version of the inverter supports it). See page 18 of the manual found here.

You are running in circles here. The problem is caused by the distance from the inverter to the CT coil. Nothing else, bring the CT coil closer to the inverter or replace it with a CHINT meter (if your version of the inverter supports it). See page 18 of the manual found here.
Yea. Cant place it closer ? you know what chint meter is supperted on one phase?

The CT device is very simple. The magnetics inside induce a current proportional to the current in the wire that it is measuring and it is 2000 less than the actual current 2000:1. Where things differ is where the burden resistor is located. Either your CT will develop a voltage across the leads or the resistor is in the inverter and a voltage is developed right at the inverter. You can easily measure this by switching to voltage mode on the multimeter and see if you get an AC voltage across the leads.

Try to find a fixed resistive load like a space heater or something and see if the measured current or voltage is 2000 less than actual. Your problem seems to be a fixed offset error and not one that is likely to be induced by the distance of the wires. Yes you get increased resistance but as your current goes up, the voltage offset should get bigger and bigger so again, test your voltage at different loads to see if the relationship is fixed or if there is a slope.

The CT device is very simple. The magnetics inside induce a current proportional to the current in the wire that it is measuring and it is 2000 less than the actual current 2000:1. Where things differ is where the burden resistor is located. Either your CT will develop a voltage across the leads or the resistor is in the inverter and a voltage is developed right at the inverter. You can easily measure this by switching to voltage mode on the multimeter and see if you get an AC voltage across the leads.

Try to find a fixed resistive load like a space heater or something and see if the measured current or voltage is 2000 less than actual. Your problem seems to be a fixed offset error and not one that is likely to be induced by the distance of the wires. Yes you get increased resistance but as your current goes up, the voltage offset should get bigger and bigger so again, test your voltage at different loads to see if the relationship is fixed or if there is a slope.
Yea. Tried with a shorter cable. Now the draw is 250w. But i agree. Why is this only on buy power and accurate on sell?

Yea. Tried with a shorter cable. Now the draw is 250w. But i agree. Why is this only on buy power and accurate on sell?
You need some better controlled tests and measurements. The fact that you think it is accurate in one direction tells me it is not any cabling resistive drop. It could be the inverter and firmware, comparator offset issue.

Do you have both inverters hooked up with CT's?
If so drop the ones from the slave.

Back