diy solar

diy solar

Deye 5k Hybrid zero export to ct issue

Turned off almost all my consumption today so only used 50w. then the ct sensor reports -150w. witch is 150*2+50 350w. So I know it reports the wrong value.
Anywhay i have ordered a ddsu666 so lets hope this fixing it.

What is the model number of your Deye?

I had a look at the manual, didn't see anything. I have seen on the Sunsynk that they specifically mention using the same kind of wire as on the CT to extend it. These CTs have a very low output, the systems I worked on all use CTs with a 5 amp secondary. Years ago a lot of stuff used a 1 amp. My 16 kW has a 300A/150mA CT. At my rated pass through of 100 amps it would only output 50ma. Wire size, type and resistance is critical at these levels.

Attachments

• 20221001_111440559.jpg
    20221001_111440559.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 24
I had a look at the manual, didn't see anything. I have seen on the Sunsynk that they specifically mention using the same kind of wire as on the CT to extend it. These CTs have a very low output, the systems I worked on all use CTs with a 5 amp secondary. Years ago a lot of stuff used a 1 amp. My 16 kW has a 300A/150mA CT. At my rated pass through of 100 amps it would only output 50ma. Wire size, type and resistance is critical at these levels.
Yes. Its strange. I think i have had some bad ground earlier to the inverters. Not surere if it was it or something Else strange. But now my ct consumption is 120w i stead of 360w. So its better today.

I have some issue with the CT reading as well, and it seems to be multiple issue could be in the game. The cable to the CT extended with a shielded CAT6 cable, approximately 17-18m. When I connected to the inverter, as per the manual suggested, I had a reading of 20W at any point when had import or export to the grid. Then I came across with another manual, which suggested to connect the CT differently. I tried then I had a very close reading to the realistic load, I tried with a kettle, a heat gun within 100W. At the moment I have the CT connected to 5 and 6. The other issue with the DEYE Icloud. Seems to be the inverter stops sending data at 8pm until 8 am. I tried to figure out if there is any setting what I missed but not much luck. Any suggestion?
Deye CT1.JPG
Deye CT2.JPG

I have some issue with the CT reading as well, and it seems to be multiple issue could be in the game. The cable to the CT extended with a shielded CAT6 cable, approximately 17-18m. When I connected to the inverter, as per the manual suggested, I had a reading of 20W at any point when had import or export to the grid. Then I came across with another manual, which suggested to connect the CT differently. I tried then I had a very close reading to the realistic load, I tried with a kettle, a heat gun within 100W. At the moment I have the CT connected to 5 and 6. The other issue with the DEYE Icloud. Seems to be the inverter stops sending data at 8pm until 8 am. I tried to figure out if there is any setting what I missed but not much luck. Any suggestion?
View attachment 114959
View attachment 114960
I think you need 2 ct sensors if you have setup in 3phase paralell. If not we do not use 5 and 6. I have tested this and they work the same as far as i know.

Will try this. Just need to fully understand what he is doing first :)
We used to use something like this for cross current circuits on generators. Back in the day when we used CT's with a 1A secondary the CRT would be wired to the voltage regulator and a small circuit board that was basically a step up transfomer. Each gen would have the same setup. The xformer would have 120 VAC on the secondary. All of the xformer secondaries would be wired in series, a big loop. When 1 gen had more or less current than the others the loop was designed so that the currents would cancel out, the one(s) that were left with a higher or lower current would then cause the VR to raise or lower it's voltage. Gens with a 5 amp CT did not need this, they were wired directly between the gens in a loop.

So in the scheme shown on the vid he is providing more power for the wire run with the first CT and then using the 2nd to drop the current level back to what the Inv CT is looking for.

I thought it doesn't matter unless you have grid sell enabled
The CT signal is what the inverter monitors to control how much power it is producing on the grid connection. Even if you do not have sell enabled it uses it so it doesn't push back power to the grid. Depending on your grid and what kind of loads are in your neighborhood the grid can fluctuate. Not so much in frequency but in voltage. So instead of producing/consuming active power (kW controlled by frequency) you can also produce/consume reactive power (amps controlled by voltage). This is reflected by your power factor, PF. The specs say 0.8 leading to 0.8 lagging, capacitive load vs inductive load. It would be nice if the manual went into more detail for stuff like this. You can find you PF setting under Grid Setting.

The CT signal is what the inverter monitors to control how much power it is producing on the grid connection. Even if you do not have sell enabled it uses it so it doesn't push back power to the grid. Depending on your grid and what kind of loads are in your neighborhood the grid can fluctuate. Not so much in frequency but in voltage. So instead of producing/consuming active power (kW controlled by frequency) you can also produce/consume reactive power (amps controlled by voltage). This is reflected by your power factor, PF. The specs say 0.8 leading to 0.8 lagging, capacitive load vs inductive load. It would be nice if the manual went into more detail for stuff like this. You can find you PF setting under Grid Setting.
My setup is easy, whole house, no load on the grid side. So I put my CT right on the L1 cable inside my inverter, plenty of room.

Attachments

• Inverter CT.jpg
    Inverter CT.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 7
The CT signal is what the inverter monitors to control how much power it is producing on the grid connection. Even if you do not have sell enabled it uses it so it doesn't push back power to the grid. Depending on your grid and what kind of loads are in your neighborhood the grid can fluctuate. Not so much in frequency but in voltage. So instead of producing/consuming active power (kW controlled by frequency) you can also produce/consume reactive power (amps controlled by voltage). This is reflected by your power factor, PF. The specs say 0.8 leading to 0.8 lagging, capacitive load vs inductive load. It would be nice if the manual went into more detail for stuff like this. You can find you PF setting under Grid Setti

My setup is easy, whole house, no load on the grid side. So I put my CT right on the L1 cable inside my inverter, plenty of room.
Right , misundertood you earlier then read the rest of your post . My bad, thought you were saying the sell value needs to be set to zero to avoid selling back to the grid as opposed to just turning export off and letting the value be whatever it is by default.

Back