diy solar

diy solar

Deye Hybrid Split-Phase Inverters - Discontinued in favor of SOL-ARK

I created a separate thread for this model:

Colorist: These units you are working on look pretty solid. I'm wondering about the wording of UL listing...will it be self certified, or actually tested and listed by UL? I've been conversing with local AHJ and the corresponding State level officials on this topic, and they are stating it has to be UL listed for our location. It is frustrating, because the Code clearly gives the AHJ the authority to make decisions on this issue. The State official I spoke with said that most of the inspectors are guys who were installers out in the field, and became inspectors later. Many of them don't have any specific training, but they have some experience. So when you ask them to approve a technically compliant piece, they just don't have the time, resources, or ability to make the determination. So they say "it must be UL listed".

If anyone wants to try one of the new 8KW models (not Huayu, another brand) rolling for review/beta testing, post it here or let me know. We're taking preorders now and I'll post the manual below. Again these are part of the initial rollout and the company behind this unit deals in grid storage ESS systems among other things.

This one varies from Deye in several ways but it serves basically the same functionality. There are 4 independent 12A MPPT's for one thing. The LCD is also a bit more limited than Deye's. Functional but limited.

It will come with a monitoring solution but I don't have full details on it yet. I'm sure the functionality will be fleshed out over the next few months and you'll have access to the updates as they roll out.

This is a short production run so stock will be limited. Will be available to ship out in about a week or 2.

View attachment 69259

View attachment 69253
View attachment 69254
Are you going to be distributing Huayu’s Microinverters as well, or only Hybrid Inverters?

The plan is the entire UL/North American product line. I can actually supply the micros right now if there is interest. Just leave me a PM.
Cool.

Are you able to answer technical questions about the Microinverter product line and is this the appropriate place for that or would a dedicated new thread be better?

Cool.

Are you able to answer technical questions about the Microinverter product line and is this the appropriate place for that or would a dedicated new thread be better?
Yes, I'll answer anything I can and anything I'm not already aware of I'll send over to Huayu engineers to get an answer on directly.

If you want to really discuss them in-depth, a new thread might be best for the sake of others coming along who might want to read about them.

Yes, I'll answer anything I can and anything I'm not already aware of I'll send over to Huayu engineers to get an answer on directly.

If you want to really discuss them in-depth, a new thread might be best for the sake of others coming along who might want to read about them.
Started a new thread here: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/huayu-microinverters.30660/

I had thought the Huayu Microinverters were manufactured by Deye (which is why I posted my initial question in this thread(, but looking up close, they are different. Is Huayu the actual manufacturer?

Price? Direct from China is preferred as going to the u.s then coming here adds more needless shipping cost.

Price? Direct from China is preferred as going to the u.s then coming here adds more needless shipping cost.
I'll PM you. These are shipped directly from Asia but not from China. There are a few split-phase markets in Asia where distribution rights are still held for these. China however is not one of them.

Seems Deye is about to release its north American version of the Sunsynk 16k inverter. Sol-ark will then claim it is all their technology and they had it years before the competition. Kieth seems more trustworthy than the company that touts that their previous job was in the military and claims a prize for an American product that is actually built and monitored in China but you can't convince the fanboys.
I give it 5 minz...

Seems Deye is about to release its north American version of the Sunsynk 16k inverter. Sol-ark will then claim it is all their technology and they had it years before the competition. Kieth seems more trustworthy than the company that touts that their previous job was in the military and claims a prize for an American product that is actually built and monitored in China but you can't convince the fanboys.
@RayfromTX
It gets to be comical.... It's not even like there is a delay or exclusivity agreement whereby Sol-Ark has a 6 or 12 month time period to market the model from DEYE... They all come out at the same time or prior to Sol-Ark's branded version. Anyone with an internet connection can easily see the overlap and in some cases mirrored functionality specs.. Really bugs me why the Sol-Ark version (non-EMP) is in some cases 100% more than DEYE or Sunsunk...

that is why I am really interested to see your build progress! I can't wait to see your DEYE inverters up and running!

When I first found Sol-Ark. I fell in love with the features and sales pitch. Soon after, I figured out that it's just a Deye with a different name stuck on it, for a lot more money.

Do you mean Deye will be selling a 120/240V split-phase model of this inverter or merely that they will be selling a 240V single-phase version and you’ll need to work out 120V split-phase on your own?

I thought Solark had locked up exclusivity so that any split-phase Deye inverters sold in the US market would be through them only.

Back