diy solar

diy solar

Deye Hybrid Split-Phase Inverters - Discontinued in favor of SOL-ARK

I am really curious now. Was Solark designed by Solark and custom-built by Deye or did Solark create custom firmware for an existing Deye design?
no on both cases

design was done by keith slough, sunsynk
ngigbo deye ( holding company of both deye and sunsynk) holds the patents.
sol-ark simply slaps a stcker on it and provides local support, and gives a markup of 300%

sunsynk -:exclusively sold in uk, africa's and nz/aus
Deye - rest of world
Sol-ark - usa and territories

there are some fanboi's here that have no interest in doing some research

Does Deye (and other rebranded) inverters have the same problem mentioned in this Lion Energy review video?

Does Deye (and other rebranded) inverters have the same problem mentioned in this Lion Energy review video?

not that i know of. each rebrander can muck with the firmware but the underlying functionality is the same.

I am really curious now. Was Solark designed by Solark and custom-built by Deye or did Solark create custom firmware for an existing Deye design?
The Sol-Ark 8k was on the market long before Deye had any similar kind of inverter. The unit was designed and built in the USA. It was beta tested and certified in the USA. At some point Sol-Ark realized that they needed to build them abroad to be able to make them in bulk. This is where Deye came into the picture. Sol-Ark would allow them to use their design and forward for domestic chines sales while Sol-Ark would n
no on both cases

design was done by keith slough, sunsynk
ngigbo deye ( holding company of both deye and sunsynk) holds the patents.
sol-ark simply slaps a stcker on it and provides local support, and gives a markup of 300%

sunsynk -:exclusively sold in uk, africa's and nz/aus
Deye - rest of world
Sol-ark - usa and territories

there are some fanboi's here that have no interest in doing some research
Why don't you ask your friend Keith to come here and make the statement that he designed the Inverter. I am pretty sure he already has an account on this forum. I would think that if he is the man that Invented it would be really pissed off to see Tom Brennan from Sol-Ark publicly come on the This Forum and take the Credit for his design.

Here is a Sol-Ark 8K First Unit Back in Feb 2018. I also have an earlier picture of a Beta unit that is spray painted and screwed together.

Deye did not even have a Sol-Ark style Hybrid Inverter during the whole of 2018 and 2019.

Here is Sunsync 18 Months later with their first Proposal Video For A Hybrid Inverter in July 2019

Does this guy sound like the designer when he is getting a factory tour and asking how it works?

Why do you keep repeating this non sense. I asked you in the other thread to show me Deye or Sunsync 8K inverter from 2018 that uses the same design and features of the Sol-Ark 8K and you showed me nothing and have now moved to spreading the same story on another thread. The Deye GTIL Inverter from back then is crap and it has nothing in common with a Sol-Ark.

Last edited:
The Sol-Ark 8k was on the market long before Deye had any similar kind of inverter. The unit was designed and built in the USA. It was beta tested and certified in the USA. At some point Sol-Ark realized that they needed to build them abroad to be able to make them in bulk. This is where Deye came into the picture. Sol-Ark would allow them to use their design and forward for domestic chines sales while Sol-Ark would n

Why don't you ask your friend Keith to come here and make the statement that he designed the Inverter. I am pretty sure he already has an account on this forum. I would think that if he is the man that Invented it would be really pissed off to see Tom Brennan from Sol-Ark publicly come on the This Forum and take the Credit for his design.

Here is a Sol-Ark 8K First Unit Back in Feb 2018. I also have an earlier picture of a Beta unit that is spray painted and screwed together.

Deye did not even have a Sol-Ark style Hybrid Inverter during the whole of 2018 and 2019.

Here is Sunsync 18 Months later with their first Proposal Video For A Hybrid Inverter in July 2019

Does this guy sound like the designer when he is getting a factory tour and asking how it works?

Why do you keep repeating this non sense. I asked you in the other thread to show me Deye or Sunsync 8K inverter from 2018 that uses the same design and features of the Sol-Ark 8K and you showed me nothing and have now moved to spreading the same story into another thread. The Deye GTIL Inverter from back then is crap and it has almost nothing in common with a Sol-Ark.
fanbois will be fanboys

This is the second time somebody mentioning that with Deye/SolArk inverters they hear a buzzing sound in they equipment.
Not in the inverter, but in the PC power supply if it runs from Deye inverter

Anyone else ?

...<long-winded nonsense>...
So, show me the IP rights. Who holds the IP rights on these inverters? Surely if these were designed by solark, then solark holds the IP rights and this is easily proven. No need for long-winded Brinkenstein Schnafowitz.

Why do you keep repeating this non sense. I asked you in the other thread to show me Deye or Sunsync 8K inverter from 2018 that uses the same design and features of the Sol-Ark 8K and you showed me nothing and have now moved to spreading the same story into another thread. The Deye GTIL Inverter from back then is crap and it has almost nothing in common with a Sol-Ark.

So a quick google search came up with an article on DEYE stating they released their first 8kw hybrid inverter in 2017
Which ironically was the 1st version that Sol-ark offered as you highlighted in 2018.

https://www.pv-magazine.com/press-r...e-48v-low-voltage-hybrid-inverter-in-q1-2021/

I don’t know who was the original designer of this class / types of inverter but there is an uncanny release order of DEYE then sol-ark be it the 12k then 15k and even the micro inverters they will be offering, yup DEYE already offers them for sale and if you look at the press pictures and them compare to the DEYE manual and specs they are similar.

The only thing that seems to be original is there dynamic load center which looks really cool but out of my budget.

LION ENERGY

Those dirty dirty Middlemen Liars..

"We are Lion"

They tell the truth!

... but there is an uncanny release order of DEYE then sol-ark be it the 12k then 15k and even the micro inverters they will be offering

Of course, it takes time for Sol-Ark to get through UL listing before they can release something to the market.
Part of the process is UL (or other NRTL) lab tour of the production facility.
So that order of release could still hold true if Sol-Ark was the designer.

Someone said different components used in Sol-Ark assembly, inferior parts on the other brands. That could be true. Anyone know for sure?
You can certainly find cheaper parts that almost work.
But as a designer, I think it would be quite hard for someone to just swap parts and get desired performance. Just addressing availability and substitutes causes me considerable consternation.
Resistors, I look at tolerance and temperature coefficient. Capacitors, capacitance and ESR, and they vary significantly in voltage coefficient of capacitance. Inferior parts can lead to unstable voltage regulators. Inductors, it may not be inductance I selected for, could be resonant frequency.
Difficult to do a great job of reverse engineering without my design notes. You might get something functional, but it might not maintain performance over environments and age. Are you going to test performance in a chamber? Do you even know what parameters and specs are needed?

So a quick google search came up with an article on DEYE stating they released their first 8kw hybrid inverter in 2017
Which ironically was the 1st version that Sol-ark offered as you highlighted in 2018.

https://www.pv-magazine.com/press-r...e-48v-low-voltage-hybrid-inverter-in-q1-2021/

I don’t know who was the original designer of this class / types of inverter but there is an uncanny release order of DEYE then sol-ark be it the 12k then 15k and even the micro inverters they will be offering, yup DEYE already offers them for sale and if you look at the press pictures and them compare to the DEYE manual and specs they are similar.

The only thing that seems to be original is there dynamic load center which looks really cool but out of my budget.
Take a look at the Deye Website using the Wayback machine and you won't find that inverter being sold by them until 2020. All they have is the GTIL Hybrid inverters back in 2018 to 2019. The first time it shows up on their website is Dec 2019. That is one year after Sol-Ark had introduced the 8K.

Take a look at the Deye Website using the Wayback machine and you won't find that inverter being sold by them until 2020. All they have is the GTIL Hybrid inverters back in 2018 to 2019. The first time it shows up on their website is Dec 2019. That is one year after Sol-Ark had introduced the 8K.

I would not use the wayback machine as a source of record - especially one for a CN based website.That one article is one of many references that I came across mentioning 2017. Plus my own research started in 2019 in trying to purchase and import a Sunsynk 8kw.

My gosh folks,

Is all you have time to do is to get on forums and argue??
Who cares about any of this nonsense?
Don't like Sol-ark, their prices, marketing etc, then buy something else and be done with it.
Full disclosure, I bought a 12K model because it does want I want, need it to do and also for the customer support, warranty and because I didn't want a whole crap load of boxes on my wall.
If I wanted to save money then I certainly could have done so by buying cheaper systems, used panels, throw them on the ground and call it a day, but that's not how I roll.
Me thinks that people here with axes to grind one way or the other have some hidden agendas going on!

Back