diy solar

diy solar

EA Sun inverter firmware updates

Manamana

Hey does anyone know where to get firmware updates for EA Sun inverter
I Solar SMV III 5 kW
Fan runs fast continually unless turned off and reset.
EA Sun support not very helpful.

Do you have a contact e-mail address for them ? Interested also :)
G'day jaxone.
technical@easunpower.com but I really wouldn't bother. I had the impression I was conversing with a bot.
What issue do you have with your inverter?
I found an older thread on different forum about firmware updates. Someone had posted updates but they had been removed by the time saw conversation.
There was a suggestion that a Taiwanese company that assembles EA Sun inverters were helpful but don't know name of company.

The main "issue" is that the ventilators run continuously even when not needed. The inverter temperature is stable somewhere around 30 degrees celsius. If ventilators run constantly the power consumption of the inverter itself is high. Ventilators should only run in case they are needed.
I have tried to send mail to tech department but my mail gets rejected every time by the server and also using their website form does not work.

Sounds familiar.
Will try and trackdown forum I saw.
Fan at constant high speed that was remedied by update is what caught my attention.

What do you guys think about EA Sun inverters? I want to get MPP Solar buy they are hard to get in europe. EA Sun is easy and cheap to get so that might be an an option if they are OK.

G'day Malmen
Our EA Sun inverter seems to work Ok except for above mentioned problem with cooling fans running continuously when not under load. (I have to restart to reset.)
Don't expect much useful tech support support but like you say, they are cheap.
Still trying to find firmware update.

I had the same problem. Its partly solved by: Reverse the ventilators so they blow upwards and if you feel for it make the air flow more easily .
Open the ventilation holes more or cut a hole in the top.
Now the air has natural flow and you will see that the ventilators works far less. Secondly i bought less noisy ventilators . So now we can accept the noise

Hey does anyone know where to get firmware updates for EA Sun inverter
I Solar SMV III 5 kW
Fan runs fast continually unless turned off and reset.
EA Sun support not very helpful.
I had the same problem. Its partly solved by: Reverse the ventilators so they blow upwards and if you feel for it make the air flow more easily .
Open the ventilation holes more or cut a hole in the top.
Now the air has natural flow and you will see that the ventilators works far less. Secondly i bought less noisy ventilators . So now we can accept the noise

Hi! Can you help me? I have an Easun SMW 8kW inverter and they would like to update the firmware. The other thing I don't know is how to delete the total PV production from the inverter. A full deletion is needed. Thanks.

The main "issue" is that the ventilators run continuously even when not needed. The inverter temperature is stable somewhere around 30 degrees celsius. If ventilators run constantly the power consumption of the inverter itself is high. Ventilators should only run in case they are needed.
I have tried to send mail to tech department but my mail gets rejected every time by the server and also using their website form does not work.
G'day jaxone.
technical@easunpower.com but I really wouldn't bother. I had the impression I was conversing with a bot.
What issue do you have with your inverter?
I found an older thread on different forum about firmware updates. Someone had posted updates but they had been removed by the time saw conversation.
There was a suggestion that a Taiwanese company that assembles EA Sun inverters were helpful but don't know name of company.
G'day. Did you eventually update firmware for your Easun inverter via link posted?
I can't make head or tail of all that.

Back