diy solar

diy solar

Eco-Worth 48V 50ah internal pictures

rjg13

So it was mentioned to me that there have been no pictures of the Eco-Worthy 48V 50ah packs.

I've been messing with mine and decided to share some internal pictures.

There's a phenolic resin sheet to cover the top of the battery. The handle has to be removed if you want to access the BMS. The BMS is a non-bluetooth JBD BMS, PN TP20S001-T V1.6.

signal-2024-04-15-174738_002.jpeg

signal-2024-04-15-174738_003.jpeg

signal-2024-04-15-174738_004.jpeg

signal-2024-04-15-174738_005.jpeg

This is great, thank you. This makes them a lot more interesting than I thought.

When I was starting out with DIY I wanted to use a small pack to try out different BMS. This is definitely the cheapest way to get hands on 16 prismatic cells now.

Is the metal case steel or aluminum? Sounds and looks good, but rust is a concern in my environment...
Steel.

This is great, thank you. This makes them a lot more interesting than I thought.

When I was starting out with DIY I wanted to use a small pack to try out different BMS. This is definitely the cheapest way to get hands on 16 prismatic cells now.

Yeah, if you need more capacity I think it is better to go the DIY route, but this is already overkill for my application so I figured I would bite the bullet and try it.

Suprisingly neat/clean construction. Balance wires going trough holes in the metal brackets would be a bit worrying if used in vibrating environment.

i am on my first its doing fine but having problems on bms cutting out at low voltage it will not turn on again untill you remove the - cable first , i set my back to mains power on the inverter to 46v to stop the drain over night going too low and the bms kicking in , i will get a 2nd batt pack but at the moment uk prices are high

I've driven mine to low voltage disconnect many times and never had an issue reconnecting. I've never watched the low voltage disconnect happen though so im uncertain what voltage it's actually dropping out at. I think upon restarting the system it's usually sitting at 46.x V. I don't like that but since i haven't gone to enough effort to actually log or watch the action, i haven't made a fuss about it.

Back