diy solar

diy solar

Cheapest 48v 50ah battery I've found so far. $409.99 free shipping

Items above a certain size I think triggers the next level of OSHA headaches. Possibly also some extra DOT rules.

Plus they don't want their warehouses burning down.

Though... when's the last time you heard on Fox News or Youtube etc about a warehouse burning down b/c of Lithium batteries sitting inside them. You'd think they'd be all over that like with the EV fire stories.
I'm guessing they don't often burst into flames when just sitting around in a box. Probably need to be actively being used and possibly hooked up with poorly tightened / crimped connections, etc..

Trying to find a website or email. Anyone have any luck? I'll request some pictures of the internals first

I saw that the other day, it is ECO-WORTHY ( they have the same battery on eBay ) that recently changed the other 48V 50AH to a plastic case so it looks this is now the replacement.

On Amazon, if you get two there is a $350 off coupon ( $850 before taxes ) so that's 5.120 Kw for ~$900 all in.

Battery prices are plummeting, China economy is not doing well and EV sales are drying up, so excess manufacturing capacity leads to what we are seeing.

Amy Wan of Shenzhen Luyuan is building a custom 24v 105ah battery to spec for me, $100 more than this shipped with matched Eve cells with data sheets and JK active balancing BMS. I'm sure she could do the same for 48v 50a.

I use a couple of these :

They are in parallel with a DIY 100Ah and one of the original EG4 (GYLL) batteries.

The GYLL was detailed here over 3 years ago :

The Eco Worthy pair, at $912 shipped, was cheaper than either the GYLL or my DIY 100 Ah batteries.

AND, the case screws on the Eco Worthy don’t require a torch to remove. There is a crap ton of empty space inside that steel case though ?.

Last edited:
I use a couple of these :

They are in parallel with a DIY 100Ah and one of the original EG4 (GYLL) batteries.
Nice price compared to the Amazon price on those.

BTW, I don't see the deal anymore, maybe they saw this post, got scared someone may actually do it and post results.

BTW, I don't see the deal anymore, maybe they saw this post, got scared someone may actually do it and post results.
Yup, the deal seems to have ended. It's still one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) 48v 50ah batteries on Amazon.. even without the extra $150 coupon.

Yup, the deal seems to have ended. It's still one of the cheapest (if not the cheapest) 48v 50ah batteries on Amazon.. even without the extra $150 coupon.

They will be back, Black Friday sales should be even better later this month.

Funny how the internet works, I was actually looking at this exact set, not for solar bank but to see how cheaply I can create a budget friendly lithium conversion for my golf cart. I decided to buy one at the end of last week and then this morning the coupon came back up and allowed me to buy a second unit with 150.00 off ($443.81 delivered for each 48v50ah). So in short, I picked up two DC House 48v 50ah units just to see what happens. The title stated that they have a 200A peak on the BMS but I had my doubts, why I picked up two to run parallel, if they are garbage I will just send right on back to eco worthy and tell them to kick rocks. I hope that isnt the case.

Anywho, I have been watching everyone in here make such enthusiastic speculations and remarks about the quality but no one popped and bought one. Since I am of no such way an expert on lifepo4 packs beyond hobby grade RC cars, I figued I'd let yall know that you now know a guy who actually picked one up. I plan to split that case open and show you in all of its chinese glory, just exactly what is inside. Then hopefully someone with more expertise than me on these units can judge. For you solar guys it will be a good way to see what your money is getting you, for me... I just want to get through 18 holes once a month without spending $1k every 2-3 years on lead acids.

Back