diy solar

diy solar

Cheapest 48v 50ah battery I've found so far. $409.99 free shipping

Nothing in there jumps out as turdy.

Ick for welded terminals, but they look like decent welds.

I'd check the sense wire screws have 0% probability of hitting the tops of the cells. If that's 6awg, wire, it should handle the 50A.

Hmmm... odd that the wires are unprotected as they enter the channels, but then they're shrouded in something fuzzy while in the nice smooth channel?

Any protection between cells? I don't see anything visible in the pictures. Also, much thanks for peeling the lid back and documenting with visuals.
Nothing more than the blue wrap that every lithium cell seems to have.
I'm more disappointed that they have a clear set of specifications on delivery but not posted like every other battery. The bms definitely isn't rated solo for the amperage required by a 3hp dc motor pulling a cart up hill.. glad I picked up a second unit. Maybe 100A will be fine.
Question, this unit doesn't have an on/off like other metal cased 51.2v units, so what happens when I go over 200A/10s or 50A continuous? I know the bms will shut off, when/what will get it back up and running?

Nothing more than the blue wrap that every lithium cell seems to have.
I'm more disappointed that they have a clear set of specifications on delivery but not posted like every other battery. The bms definitely isn't rated solo for the amperage required by a 3hp dc motor pulling a cart up hill.. glad I picked up a second unit. Maybe 100A will be fine.
Question, this unit doesn't have an on/off like other metal cased 51.2v units, so what happens when I go over 200A/10s or 50A continuous? I know the bms will shut off, when/what will get it back up and running?
Open it up and disconnect the BMS from the cells, that should reset it. :unsure:

Connecting it to a proper voltage charger should also reset it.
The build quality looks pretty decent. I like the balance leads are easily removed, this will make BMS replacements / upgrades easy. I dislike there doesn't appear to be any separators between the cells.
Can you see the front of the BMS to determine a brand?

Thank you @TheAngryGerman for taking a gamble for the community and for taking the time to open it up and post photos.

Hmmm... odd that the wires are unprotected as they enter the channels, but then they're shrouded in something fuzzy while in the nice smooth channel?
Without any cell protection and the above wire potential for insulation abrasion, I'm unsure this battery would be suitable for any mobile applications.
Though it appears to be well built, and would only require simple modification to rectify those 2 issues. Nice looking and super simple overall. I like it.

Connecting it to a proper voltage charger should also reset it.
The build quality looks pretty decent. I like the balance leads are easily removed, this will make BMS replacements / upgrades easy. I dislike there doesn't appear to be any separators between the cells.
Can you see the front of the BMS to determine a brand?

Thank you @TheAngryGerman for taking a gamble for the community and for taking the time to open it up and post photos.
You are welcome for the info, knowledge is always good. I cannot see the BMS due to the recessed handle insert coming right into the face of the unit, thus the unit has a protective film on it. I'd have to pull it out to see it and I don't really care to do that just yet. If it fails then I will see if it's easy to pull. The cells are very well held with the cross bars so even though they don't have separators, I don't see the cells jostling around or getting damaged, I'ma run it on the cart in parallel, I'll use a DC up converter to push a 20v portable battery on my Bluetooth speaker up to 60v output just to reset the BMS in case I pop the damn thing at a start up, hill or WOT. Also, not on the picture, the tops of the cells have a piece of thin plastic plate that covers them up, not that it should really matter as the cross bars keep the cells secured, I just didn't take a pic of it

Last edited:
Since they didn't post the actual specs online but did put one in the box, I figured I would share it as well. Enjoy the pictures.

How much current draw do you need to provide for your golf cart ?

At 25 Amps per battery…………

Since they didn't post the actual specs online but did put one in the box, I figured I would share it as well. Enjoy the pictures.
I see a QR code peeking up on the BMS between the blue and black wires. Any chance you can scan it and post the results?
Thanks for the photos!

I see a QR code peeking up on the BMS between the blue and black wires. Any chance you can scan it and post the results?
Thanks for the photos!
Unfortunately I already intalled the unit and dont really wish to drag it back out of the cart to get a shot of that QR code, I'll see if it is there on the second unit when it comes in.

How much current draw do you need to provide for your golf cart ?

At 25 Amps per battery…………
48v carts draw around 50-70amps on the regular to power the 3hp motor but require more for initial movement, going up hill or continuous wide open throttle. First tests with just the single unit allowed me to run it around at a moderate accerleration and speed and even went WOT for a brief stretch without tripping the BMS. I did not try any lengthy hill pulls because if it does trip, I need to push it back up the hill and to the house to hook to the charger to reset. I havent built by step up yet to reset. I will test that once I get my second pack in. In the brief time of driving the cart I have been pleasantly surprised by the pack. The pack is rated at 50A continuous with 200A peak for 10 seconds.

48v carts draw around 50-70amps on the regular to power the 3hp motor but require more for initial movement, going up hill or continuous wide open throttle. First tests with just the single unit allowed me to run it around at a moderate accerleration and speed and even went WOT for a brief stretch without tripping the BMS. I did not try any lengthy hill pulls because if it does trip, I need to push it back up the hill and to the house to hook to the charger to reset. I havent built by step up yet to reset. I will test that once I get my second pack in. In the brief time of driving the cart I have been pleasantly surprised by the pack. The pack is rated at 50A continuous with 200A peak for 10 seconds.

Well that should make you a happy German ?.

Glad to hear it, guten tag.

Well that should make you a happy German ?.

Glad to hear it, guten tag.
We will see... the second unit was delivered today. I'll check it out once I get back and as justgary requested, will see if the BMS' QR code is present and what it says when I scan it. Seems like y'all slept on that coupon. hopefully it will come back with a discount for black friday.

Ok had to edit this as it changed after I posted about it. First was a split phase inverter on ebay and then it changed to an alibaba link on a battery after I reply quoted it :)

Ok had to edit this as it changed after I posted about it. First was a split phase inverter on ebay and then it changed to an alibaba link on a battery after I reply quoted it :)
Yeah the link didn't copy over my last copy. It's on AliExpress and I never bought anything from them before. I may buy a 12v100ah from them and see how it does. $150 risk but better than a $411 mistake I guess.

Yeah the link didn't copy over my last copy. It's on AliExpress and I never bought anything from them before. I may buy a 12v100ah from them and see how it does. $150 risk but better than a $411 mistake I guess.
Also I soooo would love to know those were legit for 48v 100ah as I'd buy a pallet of em :)

Back