diy solar

diy solar

"edit" Signature Solar not good at communication over phone.

gisean04

i just got off the phone with Signature Solar tech support trying to get help with BMS communication to jakiper batteries. i was told that even though there are other modes in my inverter they are only there for show. that the other modes have been disabled. If I'm using a non signature solar battery I must use the user-defined setting. I clarified this and was told that it was on purpose to make the inverter not be able to work with non signature solar products. Specifically, the LIC setting that per the manual is for 3rd party lithium batteries has been reprogrammed to not work. i bought from signature solar after watching the reviews of Will Prowse, i never saw him say anything about this. this is not in any documentation that came with the inverter that I could find.

Honestly, communication with the 6000EX/6500 inverters is so spotty and unreliable, I'm not surprised. They should however include this in the documentation.

To be fair, the inverter did not claim that it would communicate with them.

the manual does say 3rd party lithium batteries. it does not say that it has been disabled. why advertise that it has the capability but then disable it without telling anyone? i have seen many products that do say they do not work with anything other than their product. this is off the signature solar website, download the manual for yourself. https://signaturesolar.com/eg4-6-5k-off-grid-inverter-6500ex-48-a/
1702928140599.png

the manual does say 3rd party lithium batteries. it does not say that it has been disabled. why advertise that it has the capability but then disable it without telling anyone? i have seen many products that do say they do not work with anything other than their product. this is off the signature solar website, download the manual for yourself. https://signaturesolar.com/eg4-6-5k-off-grid-inverter-6500ex-48-a/
View attachment 183758
I'd forget the communication. I run without, I see no need for it.

Companies selling inverters like it, they use it for a selling point. It just adds another failure point or 2. Move to USER and determine what you want for settings.

The point is that they reprogrammed the inverter to remove this option. But left it on the inverter menu and in the manual. It's on thing if it's untested and not guaranteed but to purposely disable while not correcting anything so show the change could be fails advertising.

I never used battery communication with mine. Everything worked fine. It really isn’t a huge deal with those inverters.

Set your own parameters and add a shunt if you want to monitor the exact battery status.

The point is that they reprogrammed the inverter to remove this option. But left it on the inverter menu and in the manual. It's on thing if it's untested and not guaranteed but to purposely disable while not correcting anything so show the change could be fails advertising.
And very likely saved you from additional problems. As has been mentioned, enable the USE setting and run with it. You can still manage the BMS in the battery independently.

i just got off the phone with Signature Solar tech support trying to get help with BMS communication to jakiper batteries. i was told that even though there are other modes in my inverter they are only there for show. that the other modes have been disabled. If I'm using a non signature solar battery I must use the user-defined setting. I clarified this and was told that it was on purpose to make the inverter not be able to work with non signature solar products. Specifically, the LIC setting that per the manual is for 3rd party lithium batteries has been reprogrammed to not work. i bought from signature solar after watching the reviews of Will Prowse, i never saw him say anything about this. this is not in any documentation that came with the inverter that I could find.
Good afternoon! Upon reviewing your call to Signature our tech support, we acknowledge there has been a slight miscommunication. We want to clarify that Signature Solar does not disable any settings. It's important to note that EG4 has tested the settings for the EG4 batteries but not for batteries from other manufacturers which is why they are not included in the manual.

Good afternoon! Upon reviewing your call to Signature our tech support, we acknowledge there has been a slight miscommunication. We want to clarify that Signature Solar does not disable any settings. It's important to note that EG4 has tested the settings for the EG4 batteries but not for batteries from other manufacturers which is why they are not included in the manual.
The tech said the she checked with her supervisor and confirmed that the ability to communicate with any of the 24 protocols my BMS has was removed when they reprogramed the inverter. Why would she say this? I can understand if she says it's untested and can't guarantee anything. This is two conflicting statements how do I know what to believe?

I call bollocks on this statement, I think what they were trying to tell you was it is untested not deliberately blocked.

The tech said the she checked with her supervisor and confirmed that the ability to communicate with any of the 24 protocols my BMS has was removed when they reprogramed the inverter. Why would she say this? I can understand if she says it's untested and can't guarantee anything. This is two conflicting statements how do I know what to believe?
I'm so sorry for the confusion. We are going to reach back out to you and clarify ?

I'm so sorry for the confusion. We are going to reach back out to you and clarify ?
I got an e-mail from the support at opsolarbattery "jakiper" and tried their instructions and I was able to get the inverter to communicate.

Back