diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kPV Q+A general thread

Here is a Self Consumption Guide EG4 Ty Made. I hope this helps everyone. This will prioritize Solar, Battery first, and use gris as last resort.

Attachments

• EG4 18kPV Self-consumption Settings Guide (1).pdf
    559.6 KB · Views: 73
Hello again everyone. Sorry for my absence. I blame this baby.

Just wanted to pop in and claim 8MW gang
1696107092020.png

No further issues in this time. Wifi is still super spotty, that's really the only thing that bothers me now. Still running older firmware, haven't updated since 0E0E.

Super happy to have this inverter in my life. Does a great job.

So I just started getting a trip by gfci high alarm. Anyone seen this yet literally nothing has changed just started this afternoon.

Just noticed a new setting in the Android App. "Off Grid Mode" This allows the inverter to disconnect the grid relay and run in UPS mode while maintaining a grid connection and still allows use of the low SOC charge settings.

Screenshot_20231002_090103_EG4 Monitor.jpg

Getting close to 4000 kWh
Screenshot_20231002_113944_EG4 Monitor.jpg
20231002_113833.jpg

* currently running beta firmware 1413

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231002_114010_EG4 Monitor.jpg
    Screenshot_20231002_114010_EG4 Monitor.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hello all,

I recently purchased 2x EG4-18KPV-12LV inverters.
I realized, after the fact, that my grid power is three-phase to the panel inside my home.
I spoke to Signature Solar, and a tech told me that EG4 is working on a firmware update to get these inverters working with three-phase.
Has anyone heard anything similar or have additional information?
I'm torn whether to return these (which have yet to be delivered) and buy 3x inverters that work in three-phase configuration, or keep them and hope for a firmware update later, because I really like the specs on the 18KPV inverters.

Thanks!
Edit: Ignore me

Yes so far a true zero!

The only setting (that I've tested) that will enable grid relay is charge settings.
So it has no access to grid AC? It's running as a battery/solar inverter only, until you toggle the button to reconnect the relay? If you wanted to charge it from the grid, with that button selected, you would have to use another charger plugged in somewhere else to a grid connection?

So it has no access to grid AC? It's running as a battery/solar inverter only, until you toggle the button to reconnect the relay? If you wanted to charge it from the grid, with that button selected, you would have to use another charger plugged in somewhere else to a grid connection?
Charge settings can/will override the off grid setting. You won't need a second charger.

It's basically a do not use the grid under any circumstances whatsoever unless the battery shit hits the fan. Then it will use the grid to run the loads until it can start charging the batteries again from solar. It will also charge the batteries from grid if you have that setup in your timers.

It's basically a do not use the grid under any circumstances whatsoever unless the battery shit hits the fan. Then it will use the grid to run the loads until it can start charging the batteries again from solar. It will also charge the batteries from grid if you have that setup in your timers.
God how I wish this existed when I installed mine.

It will activate the grid relay, if ON GRID CUT OFF is reach and when you set the inverter to charge from the grid.

Back