diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 6000xp will’s set up question

Setting 26 allows you to disable the N-G bonding.
@Samsonite801 by the way thanks for both of you helping, this part is new to me, and i want to understand it. I have electrician when i am going to wire to the breaker panel i will have him help, but i want to have a grasp so that i dont have to ask him so many newb questions and he can dort of explain while we wire that and i dont slow him down but also so i know what we doing and why. So really appreciate the help.

Yep saw that and the video from eg4

So if i have no grid power hooked up and i have a breaker panel hooked up from 6000xp i want N-G bond enabled so that the 6000xp has neutral ground bond and then in breaker box be sure to add parts to separate neutral ground bond? Because the bond is in the 6000xp?

Then later if i hook up the grid ac input to ghe 6000xp for bypass i will disable the N-G bond in the 6000xp and for the breaker box keep N-G bond separated? Because the main grid box carries the N-G bond?

Yeah, that sounds correct.

Yep saw that and the video from eg4

So if i have no grid power hooked up and i have a breaker panel hooked up from 6000xp i want N-G bond enabled so that the 6000xp has neutral ground bond and then in breaker box be sure to add parts to separate neutral ground bond? Because the bond is in the 6000xp?

Then later if i hook up the grid ac input to ghe 6000xp for bypass i will disable the N-G bond in the 6000xp and for the breaker box keep N-G bond separated? Because the main grid box carries the N-G bond?

Most breaker panels I've seen, have a screw or a connecting bar that can easily be configured to change from bond to no bond in there.

The off-grid inverters I seen usually have a relay in them so when they are in bypass, the bond will be disabled so your upstream power source can be the new bond.

I'm not sure what the behavior is of the new (Luxpower Tek based) 6000XP is, as far as the bond relay, but I know for example, the older Voltronic-based 6500EX (for one example), EG4 added the setting in the firmware which (if the internal bond screw was installed), it affected how the relay would behave during bypass only (whether to keep it bonded or break the bond during bypass).

Might have to ask SS how the bond screw, and relay behave (on the 6000XP) with the setting enabled or disabled, if when enabled it means it is always enabled during bypass too.

You can also test the behavior yourself with a multimeter. If the bond remains while in bypass, then just need to make sure your upstream is also not bonded, like in the generator or whatever the source is.

I feel like I'm missing something. Below are the catagories I get when I log into the EG4 monitoring site. I seem to remember having more options when I first started using it. The last few weeks I don't see anything is these options that allow me to change things like. Grid Bypass, Ground/Neutral Bond and so on. Any thoughts?

1708129834252.png

I feel like I'm missing something. Below are the catagories I get when I log into the EG4 monitoring site. I seem to remember having more options when I first started using it. The last few weeks I don't see anything is these options that allow me to change things like. Grid Bypass, Ground/Neutral Bond and so on. Any thoughts?

View attachment 196097
I’ve never had any of those specific settings on web or mobile. Bypass is set through a QuickCharge or ACFirst time settings.

Back