diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Chargeverter V2 issue

fm1

Hi,

I recently installed an EG4 Chargeverter. During the testing phase, I gradually increased the current in steps of 10 amps. However, when I reached 70-80 amps, I noticed a burning smell, like a capacitor burning.

Since then, the Chargeverter has stopped working. When I apply 48V from the battery, it starts up but then reboots with a popping noise.

For context, the Chargeverter was powered by a Generac 7500W generator.

Here is a quick video demonstrating this issue. Please note that the background noise is from an inverter and is normal. Focus on the popping noise for reference.

https://youtu.be/XV6wNgIWXdw

I love the smell of burnt circuits 🤪
Friend of mine calls it a burnt peanut butter smell. I didn't quite understand that until I burned some peanut butter... Oh. I get it now.

Sounds like a defective part. They should replace it no issue.

I love the smell of burnt circuits 🤪
Friend of mine calls it a burnt peanut butter smell. I didn't quite understand that until I burned some peanut butter... Oh. I get it now.

Sounds like a defective part. They should replace it no issue.
For more refined paletes, some people can distinguish blown electrolytic capacitor smell, vs. Gallium Nitride smell (power amps), vs. regular silicon chip smell! Burning resistors I think is peanut butter.:p

Hi,

I recently installed an EG4 Chargeverter. During the testing phase, I gradually increased the current in steps of 10 amps. However, when I reached 70-80 amps, I noticed a burning smell, like a capacitor burning.

Since then, the Chargeverter has stopped working. When I apply 48V from the battery, it starts up but then reboots with a popping noise.

For context, the Chargeverter was powered by a Generac 7500W generator.

Here is a quick video demonstrating this issue. Please note that the background noise is from an inverter and is normal. Focus on the popping noise for reference.

https://youtu.be/XV6wNgIWXdw

It definitely sounds like internal component failure. I would recommend reaching out to your distributor.

diy solar

diy solar
Back