diy solar

diy solar

EG4 new AIO rated 12K output and 18kPV aka "EG4-18Kpv-12LV"

Best solution if really worried is still going to be to use Solar Assistant assuming it will support it. That won't help though for the distributors who would want to look at settings and help configure or troubleshoot any issues. Even if the servers are physically in the USA I'm not sure how much difference it makes if they are directly maintained from China. I was hoping there would be clearer explanation of who controls what with regard to data especially if they are requiring personally identifiable information in order to register an account.

It's in Texas but likely part of Alibaba's cloud server farm.
Assuming by some chance you are right, there is only so much a distributor of a Product can do.
I honestly do not think that there is any need to worry about your Inverter Data going to China, what good would it be to them other than for diagnostics? I assume Luxpower wants to see all of the Data coming in from every unit so that they can detect any firmware issues and fix them. If you are really that worried then you always have the Solar Assistant option which is something I would always buy for my system for realtime data.

Yup
I would use Solar Assistant for monitoring.
And the WiFi dongle for remote support, if ever needed.

Assuming by some chance you are right, there is only so much a distributor of a Product can do.
I honestly do not think that there is any need to worry about your Inverter Data going to China, what good would it be to them other than for diagnostics? I assume Luxpower wants to see all of the Data coming in from every unit so that they can detect any firmware issues and fix them. If you are really that worried then you always have the Solar Assistant option which is something I would always buy for my system for realtime data.
I've noticed that there have been several questions regarding the data. Firstly, we are considering switching the server provider to AWS. Secondly, there's a useful feature that some people may have overlooked: it's available to connect the inverter to a local network and operate the app without an internet connection. This means that if for some reason, there are individuals who prefer not to connect the inverter to the cloud, they can still use the app locally. (I hope the information above is clear and to the point. but pls always feel free to share any other concerns or questions you have.)

Most people don't care about their data. Google, Apple, Facebook, etc have your data. From your smart phone to what you do on your Windows and Apple operating systems or your connected car. They all leak your data.
So why worry about data from your inverter going to China when you don't care about the data that really matters.

Most people don't care about their data. Google, Apple, Facebook, etc have your data. From your smart phone to what you do on your Windows and Apple operating systems or your connected car. They all leak your data.
So why worry about data from your inverter going to China when you don't care about the data that really matters.
I think it’s the possibility of a remote foreign site having control of your power supply that worries people. At least based off what I’ve been reading on the forum here.

I think it’s the possibility of a remote foreign site having control of your power supply that worries people. At least based off what I’ve been reading on the forum here.
Exactly, the thought of someone remotely controlling my equipment is an absolute turn off.
I have given up on my personal privacy as so many companies have leaked over the years it's not even funny. Latest one was Massey Ferguson finance leaked my information and it was immediately used to con my credit union to giving whoever $4,600. Un fucking believable.
Financial institutions have more of your data than anyone else and are the most likely to leak from my experience.

@SignatureSolarJames I’m interested in using this inverter with batteries that I currently have using SMA Sunny Islands. I’m doing this with a REC Bms which is communicating via CAN with the inverters using SMA’s CAN protocol. I can get the BMS to use the Victron protocol as well.

I know you guys are in the business of selling batteries, but it would be nice to add this to an existing system. Would it be possible to use the Lifepower4 communication hub to help with this? Any insight here is much appreciated. Thanks!

Was there any other YouTubers that were going to be releasing reviews of the 18kPV? Will seems to have gotten very early access compared to others.

Was there any other YouTubers that were going to be releasing reviews of the 18kPV? Will seems to have gotten very early access compared to others.
Will's initial review was great. Would also love to see Adam De Lay create a review series on this. Adam is like an inverter scientist going really deep into testing and such.

Thought I saw that there were only 8 in the US at the moment. Will had 1, Current Connected has one and I would imagine the rest are at SS.

@Eddie_Lux or whomever, will there/is there change logs for any firmware updates? It is much better to know exactly what changed to know if you should bother to update. If you have a working system you would rather not update unless there is some unknown issue that may pop up and you should update the firmware.

@Eddie_Lux or whomever, will there/is there change logs for any firmware updates? It is much better to know exactly what changed to know if you should bother to update. If you have a working system you would rather not update unless there is some unknown issue that may pop up and you should update the firmware.
Make sense, it’s a good way to help users. We were actually going to create a topic here and the website, for only just sharing the update log. So I think I will make it happen within this month. Thank you very much. @rhino @Grace_Luxpower

The warranty is potentially invalidated because of this
- Damages incurred from voltage or current spikes due to open-loop lithium battery communications
How would not having your battery system talking to the system cause this?

The warranty is potentially invalidated because of this
- Damages incurred from voltage or current spikes due to open-loop lithium battery communications
How would not having your battery system talking to the system cause this?
you are having 2 FET bridges (BMS and Inverter) fight each other because amperage/volt ramp-down really only works well with lead acid. the inverter is pretty responsive and high-powered on the software but BMS quality is always a question to go along with this. have seen this break cheaper inverters and BMS's, also skipping closed loop ends up in firmware regression sometimes as we cannot, and will not guarantee best operation without closed loop (e.g our train wreck 8kw review)

It's an ethernet cable, the setup is very simple. please do it lol

diy solar

diy solar
Back