diy solar

diy solar

Envision 315Ah Cell

The cells have Arrived!
I have 8, 315Ah cells (ok lets just say claimed 315Ah cells until the testing) sitting on a work bench in the shop ready to be connected to the Zketech 40 for capacity testing.
BUT:
I am out the door, going on a work call out to a remote fly-in site for a week. No time to set up any cell testing - sorry!
The suspense continues to build! {que musical track from Hitchcock's Psycho} AHHHHH!:eek:

Okay Meh, "not great" :unsure:
They test above my 304's but not a full 315Ah - I have 8 cells and the avg tested capacity result it 311.3Ah
The cells themselves are not great looking either in my opinion, ie a few arrived scuffed up a bit, which can't be from the shipping since someone tried to patch the scuffs with blue tape. They will be ok for my back up 24volt system I expect but definitely not going to buy any more, nor recommend them. Live and learn.

Okay Meh, "not great" :unsure:
They test above my 304's but not a full 315Ah - I have 8 cells and the avg tested capacity result it 311.3Ah
The cells themselves are not great looking either in my opinion, ie a few arrived scuffed up a bit, which can't be from the shipping since someone tried to patch the scuffs with blue tape. They will be ok for my back up 24volt system I expect but definitely not going to buy any more, nor recommend them. Live and learn.
Sounds like you got Envision 305ah. Or B grade Envision 315, or even used Envision 315ah. There is a lot of disassembly still happening, and in all honesty, its maybe not such a bad thing if you get A grade with a small amount of use.

Not sure, it doesn't seem the 315's have been around very long. I had to wait to get them when I tried to order in April they were not 'stock' yet, then there was a mixup on the delivery but we got that sorted out eventually, finally got cells in October (2023).
I can say the cells have been running for a few months now, in my mobile (8s) set up. They have run heavy short-term loads like the MIG (while I fixed a gate near the road) and they have run low power long-duration loads like fans and lights in the greenhouse, they perform, and I have nothing to complain about.
Maybe I paid too much per cell? -cell prices fell while I waited five months to get these. I guess if cell prices had been rising during that time, (and since) I would feel like I got a bargin. LOL :ROFLMAO:
The final word: they work.

diy solar

diy solar
Back