diy solar

diy solar

Cell price drop

I think they are just maintaining pricing despite lower costs to them. Maybe a little "collusion"?
That’s my thoughts but alkaline could be onto something too
I figured there’s only a handful of stateside warehouses, would be easy to price fix per say

Well Sun Fun Kits now has 64 cell pallets of the rept in the USA, looks to be about 93.60 with standard bus bars and fibersheets and 94.63 with fiberglass and flexible bars. So they haven't really gone much lower since December.

Same for 18650 they are about 99 with quantities over 48. Ezeal and batteryhookup are sticking to there 105 price don't really have any discounts for qty.

This makes it the 4th month in a row we haven't seen any drop so I'm thinking we have hit the bottom and the prices may actually start to go higher as production is shutting down to match demand. Would not be surprised if we see closer to 110/cell in a few months.
These are my thoughts as well. Old stock will get chewed up then prices will skyrocket.

In the last several months there has been one cost that has increased substantially That is shipping. The stuff going on in the Red Sea has had significant impacts worldwide on shipping cost. Container ships are avoiding the Suez and going around Africa. This adds an enormous amount of time to the trip. Less trips per year for each ship, fewer ships available, higher cost. Shipping costs from Asia to Europe have increased by over 150%. This also affects the Asia to the West Coast of the USA but not as much. The report I saw was about a 30 to 40% increase in the traffic from Asia to the West Coast. This could be a significant reason for the cell prices to have settled where they are now.

In the last several months there has been one cost that has increased substantially That is shipping. The stuff going on in the Red Sea has had significant impacts worldwide on shipping cost. Container ships are avoiding the Suez and going around Africa. This adds an enormous amount of time to the trip. Less trips per year for each ship, fewer ships available, higher cost. Shipping costs from Asia to Europe have increased by over 150%. This also affects the Asia to the West Coast of the USA but not as much. The report I saw was about a 30 to 40% increase in the traffic from Asia to the West Coast. This could be a significant reason for the cell prices to have settled where they are now.
And has -0- impact on anything china <-> usa

Or maybe not ;)

From Yiwu, a trading center 300 km south of Shanghai, the route passes through 9 countries: China, Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, Poland, Germany, Belgium, France, UK. In order to get to the UK the route passes through the Channel Tunnel between France and the UK. The London end of the route is located at the DB Eurohub in Barking, East London.[5]

Back