diy solar

diy solar

EVE-280 cells should these be clamped tight or spaced for expansion?

Personally I think it is way to early to infer that Basen lied. It is clear they are not 2020 cells, and it is clear they were (mis)represented as 2020 cells, but it is far from clear (to me) that Basen intentionally or knowingly misrepresented them. This is based on my assumption that that packaging label was the label they received and not a label they printed (but maybe I am misinterpreting this).

I wasn't inferring they lied. I said it appears they lied. I have learned, and am still learning to choose my words carefully in this forum. Sometimes wording gets picked apart excessively, though not by you. I am looking at this from the buyers point of view. The label on the packing label Basen took a photo of indicates a production date of July 10th. 2020. What am I missing? We do agree the suppliers should know what they are selling.

I have a few pessimistic maybe realistic baseline assumptions:
Grey market resellers sometimes don't know a lot about what they are selling, in many cases less than the collective community knowledge found here.
Grey market resellers don't necessarily want to spend time digging for info if they won't like what they find.
Grey market resellers may or may not be buying directly from the manufacturer (there may be additional middlemen/wholesalers).

I do agree with you. I envision some huge warehouse in China that stores various cells and that's where all the suppliers get them from....at least the grey market cells. Didn't someone awhile back say some suppliers share the same office space...lol.

They're not hexadecimal.

My 8 Xuba EVE280 cells are :

88R0002632
88P0000220

Seems like they invented their own numbering system .... LOL So is P 25 and R 28? I would assume 0 in the day range is 10?

I am looking at this from the buyers point of view. The label on the packing label Basen took a photo of indicates a production date of July 10th. 2020. What am I missing? We do agree the suppliers should know what they are selling.

You are probably not missing anything, I'm just giving Basen the benefit of the doubt and assuming ignorance for now, based on my assumption that the packing label shown is the label received by Basen, not their own shipping labels sent to customers. I now realize this is my assumption and not totally clear one way or the other as I initially thought. And in either case, it doesn't change OP's situation, or relieve them of their obligation to due their due diligence (but it does make a difference for future buyers).

I do agree with you. I envision some huge warehouse in China that stores various cells and that's where all the suppliers get them from....at least the grey market cells. Didn't someone awhile back say some suppliers share the same office space...lol.

I believe this was Xuba and Luyuan (I still don't understand why they created this second brand/storefront after the first became popular here), but maybe others too, I'm not sure.

Basically all the exporters/resellers seem to be in the neighboring cities of (1) Shenzhen and (2) Dongguan, but since each is the size of New York City (much larger in the case of Shenzhen) and they are both among the largest export hubs in China, I don't know if much can be read into the city.

Well, we are buying stuff from China. If these batteries were coming from somewhere else, say Japan or Germany, I would have higher expectations. Anyhow, my cells are working and I'm not going to disturb my bliss by rechecking the date codes.

Well, we are buying stuff from China. If these batteries were coming from somewhere else, say Japan or Germany, I would have higher expectations. Anyhow, my cells are working and I'm not going to disturb my bliss by rechecking the date codes.

I still think you can look at the older dates as a silver lining, as its one of the more benign reasons cells might be deeply discounted.

I just checked with three different suppliers.
All three separately, and without knowing why I asked, said that there is no date code on EVE cells.
There is a serial number but that number does not indicate a date. Per three companies....each said the same thing.

They put a date code on the box, but put no date code on the cells.
Serial number is on the cell but the serial number does not contain anything that would indicate a date of manufacture.

They put a date code on the box, but put no date code on the cells.
Serial number is on the cell but the serial number does not contain anything that would indicate a date of manufacture.
Well .... That's weird. The EVE specifications in post #100 show an example of the date code.

There are 2 numbers on the cell ... it would seem logical that one of them is the serial # and the other is a "batch" number?

Well .... That's weird. The EVE specifications in post #100 show an example of the date code.

There are 2 numbers on the cell ... it would seem logical that one of them is the serial # and the other is a "batch" number?
I will try to check with even more suppliers, but so far it is unanimous that there is no date code on the cell itself. I asked them all basically at the same time tonight right after I read this thread. Little to no chance they could have contacted each other or anything so it would have had to been something they cooked up a while back.
" the QR codes are customized for other companies, it can not show the manufacture date"

I will try to check with even more suppliers, but so far it is unanimous that there is no date code on the cell itself. I asked them all basically at the same time tonight right after I read this thread. Little to no chance they could have contacted each other or anything so it would have had to been something they cooked up a while back.
" the QR codes are customized for other companies, it can not show the manufacture date"

I would consider the EVE spec sheet to be the "bible" for that. Maybe copy the ones that don't think there is a date code with that and ask them to explain.

I just spoke with a fourth company, and was told the same thing.
No date code on the Cells we get. QR code but not anything that would tell us the date of manufacture.
That is Xuba, Billion, Lightening, and Basen all saying the same thing.

No date code on the Cells we get. QR code but not anything that would tell us the date of manufacture.
So I talked with Emily from Shenzhen Basen company and she copy paste this thread to assure me that I am wrong and the QR code ruling doesn't have anything to do with DOP.
She told me that she will contact the Eve company to confirm it by tomorrow.
By the way here is a picture of Appendix II of "Eve Energy company product specification" regarding QR coding rule.
I will update the battery capacity test when done and post the company response if I find a defective cell.

Attachments

• Eve.jpg
    Eve.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 319

They are all working out of the same office and have agreed to tell everyone the same thing... :ROFLMAO:

Seriously I wonder if any of the suppliers know how to read the codes in relation to the EVE spec sheet. The date on the QR code is easy to figure out, at least the year and month of manufacture.

So I talked with Emily from Shenzhen Basen company and she copy paste this thread to assure me that I am wrong and the QR code ruling doesn't have anything to do with DOP.
She told me that she will contact the Eve company to confirm it by tomorrow.
By the way here is a picture of Appendix II of "Eve Energy company product specification" regarding QR coding rule.
I will update the battery capacity test when done and post the company response if I find a defective cell.

So the attachment I posted in reply to you which is the EVE spec sheet is wrong? I am going to get the popcorn out now.

I think miky is talking about date of purchase .... the QR code is date of manufacture.

Kinda getting to be a real who's on first scenario ..... seemed pretty straight forward going by the EVE spec sheet.

So the attachment I posted in reply to you which is the EVE spec sheet is wrong? I am going to get the popcorn out now.

Emily from Shenzhen Basen insist that the cells are production of 2020. Hopefully we will know how to read the QR code by tomorrow

I agree with you. I just wanted to be 2020 production to take less chances of having defective cells.
Change your expectations. These cells do not age significantly with the passage of two years. Look at the big picture, you have kWhs of storage at significantly less per kWhr than people who are buying used cells from Bigbattery and others. If you want perfect, buy a Battleborn at $900 per kWh and sell your Shenzhen Basen cells for $200 per kWhr to someone who wants them right and does not want to wait. Let us help you balance these cells and put them in a pack. Don't fret over minor issues.

Back