diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280AH cells fast shipping and great price!

How about down the lenght of the bar, where someone might actually need the give, lol

No, they don't really give length-wise. They would accommodate a little pressure compared to solid bars, but nothing compared to using a piece of fine-stranded wire with lugs (assuming I'm understanding the question correctly). However, if someone's cells bloat up, I would think the tendency is to fan out - ie bottom spread more than the top. Just my thoughts/opinion though...

I'm not sure why you would need flexibility, if the cells are compressed.

Fixed compression (where it's tight even at 0% SoC), maybe not. But spring-loaded like mine, absolutely needed. (at least for the cells that expand & contract like the EVE 280's.. not all of them appreciably expand & contract).

Ideally you want about ~12-14 psi consistent compression on the cell pack. Obviously the sides with the most surface area will 'give' the most. The most common and consistent way to keep that pressure is by loading the ends plates with springs. So while the cell pack is under pressure, it's not totally confined from internal movement either. According to EVE, the side width dimension of each cell grows and contracts ~1mm as it goes from one end to the other of it's SOC. If all the terminals are locked together in the spring-loaded 16 cell pack, the terminals are going to be either pushed or pulled depending on the cells SOC... So ideally you have a flexible busbar which will relieve this pressure.

If you're not using compression to extend the life of the battery, just leaving a small gap between the cells for them to 'breath' keeps the stress off the otherwise locked together terminals.

Yeah, figured it out. Both are reps for DOCAN. Thanks
Hello

I just got quotes from Amy, and all should know that there is a new VAT tax added, to your order, and that plus the normal Alibaba fee is about a 10% adder to whatever you buy. I just checked shipping to my address and these brand new cells from this company are cheaper then the price Amy can quote for 32 cells with the high shipping costs and the new 10% adder for VAT and Alibaba fee from China. I placed an order earlier today, and am going to cancel same and get these.

I can share more details via private email.

CPU

Hello

I just got quotes from Amy, and all should know that there is a new VAT tax added, to your order, and that plus the normal Alibaba fee is about a 10% adder to whatever you buy. I just checked shipping to my address and these brand new cells from this company are cheaper then the price Amy can quote for 32 cells with the high shipping costs and the new 10% adder for VAT and Alibaba fee from China. I placed an order earlier today, and am going to cancel same and get these.

CPU
How about giving the link to the 'this company' instead of private email?

Hello

CPU
I am referring to "the company" that is selling batteries at the beginning of this thread. I am not trying to sell anyone here anything. Sheesh... the company I am referring to is

Which is what I believe this entire thread is about.

My point is that as of yesterday Alibaba is charging a VAT or consumption tax on all orders from Amy, and then they add a transaction fee , and when you do the math it is 10% of the total order cost that also includes a huge shipping fee for the shipping from China, then you add the wait of 50-60 days and the "great price" of $147 is much much higher.

In my specific case I bought 32 B cells at $107 each. That is $3424 for just the batteries.
Total invoice was $4400, for shipping and the new VAT tax, and the typical Alibaba fee.
If I bought the Grade A at $147 I would pay $4704 for JUST THE BATTERIES.
Add $1000 for the new VAT tax and shipping and total is $5704.

I can get grade A batteries from the 18650 battery store and the delivery fee to my door is $233, and the total price is $5273 (less tax)... so I decided to go that direction vs the Grade B cells .

Hope this clears things up, and I wish folks would not "jump to conclusions" about shady deals or dealers.

Regard all

CPU

I used the battery QR code app from Google Play and checked the mfg date on several of my cells I received from 18650batterystore.com. Looks like they were manufactured on two different dates about a month apart and were manufactured about a year before I received them in April 2022.

I used the battery QR code app from Google Play and checked the mfg date on several of my cells I received from 18650batterystore.com. Looks like they were manufactured on two different dates about a month apart and were manufactured about a year before I received them in April 2022.
That is pretty good, I haven't checked mine yet. Other than the voltage, which was within .02v of each other.

Back