diy solar

diy solar

GFCI

Meeko

I was looking at the renogy 2000 watt inverters, because it has Gfci outlets, do I need Gfci in my van? , I have two 120v outlet one for water heater and one for what ever we need AC power for. Ty

I use one of those invertors, and so do 2 of my friends. They are great, and you don't want to 'double up' on GFCI items, the one in the invertor will be fine for the whole van. Use regular outlets in the van.

I use one of those invertors, and so do 2 of my friends. They are great, and you don't want to 'double up' on GFCI items, the one in the invertor will be fine for the whole van. Use regular outlets in the van.
That's what I all ready installed are regular outlets so was looking for gfci on an inverter, are those renogy inverters any good? Thanks for the reply.

ya, the Renogy 2000 and 3000w I have installed 3 times now, and they are super. Low parasitic draw, and quiet and STRONG. Use the battery wires they send... for a reason. They are great wires. Mount the renogy as close as required to use those cables. The renogy inverters have a built in GFCI.

I was looking at the renogy 2000 watt inverters, because it has Gfci outlets, do I need Gfci in my van?
I say YES you do.
was looking at the renogy 2000 watt inverters
I would look elsewhere imho. Not always great customer service. There are several inexpensive brands that don’t generate the complaint level of renogy. Not always less money.

I installed a GFCI outlet right off my inverter output before it hits my breaker box so everyone in the rv is protected.

My house has one GFCI outlet with five regular outlets strung along with it, any of which will trip the GFCI. Seems like any outlet you connect will be GFCI connected.

Usually though when you connect to a 15 amp outlet on an inverter, you are capped at 1500 - 1800 watts and to get the full output of The inverter, you need to hardwire it. My 2000 watt inverter was limited to a 15 amp plug, but hard wiring I’d get full output; my 3000 watt inverter is limited to a 20 amp plug, but I can get the full 3000 watts from hardwiring it.

In my case, hardwiring is no longer GFCI.

My renogy inverters are all hardwired and still have GFCI protection...because it's in the inverter.

My renogy inverters are all hardwired and still have GFCI protection...because it's in the inverter.
My Samalex does not.

Have you ever ran into a device that trips or won’t work with GFCI? Things like UPSs could trip a GFCI outlet.

Back