diy solar

diy solar

Got my first solar panel rack put together

I did find some compatible brackets. One of the reviews said these are almost identical (just a little longer). I plan to probably get two more of the racks, so this 10 pack will work out fine.

Thanks for posting that and yep looks like what mine came with. I bookmarked them in case I need some later. I love how they lock into the rails by twisting them. Heck of a lot easier than if you had to slide in from the rail end like I had dealt with on a rail setup years ago.

Finished another ecoworthy rack and finished drilling the concrete footers for it.

footers_ready_resized.jpg

Now I just need to put the footers in the field, rack on the footers and panels on the rack. Saving that for tomorrow. Ive so got to order a hammer drill for concrete and brick work. Having to stop and drive a chisel into the holes I'm drilling ever so often makes the job 10 times more trouble than it should be. Each time the bit hits a rock in the concrete it stops drilling till I punch it with a chisel. In case anyone notices the bolts are off center because the rocks inside the concrete stuff makes it lumpy in the middle for the racks feet to sit on and I run into less rocks when drilling off center too.

Ive so got to order a hammer drill for concrete and brick work. .
Reputable small business I've ordered from in the past, I'm sure you can find the bare tool cheaper but price with 2 5ah seems good.
I've contemplated picking up the SDS drill but don't really have a need, the hammer drill got through 7" thick concrete with a 7/8" bit when I was running an outdoor spigot...

I'll probably order one in two weeks. My "I need to get such and such" is probably wearing a bit thin with the wife as much as Ive bought in the past month :)

Dang, they are $132.59 on my amazon. :(
Eco worthy on EBay has this rack on sale right now for $102 special. I bought one and it comes with brackets for four panels
I only used two of the horizontals (comes with three) because I’m only mounting 2 of their 200w bifacial panels for my Ecoflow delta2. ✌️

IMG_1332.jpeg

Still loving the racks but I wish they are really adjustable as ordered but they really are not.

Yes you can move the back leg mount and change the angle but if you have the legs attached to something that you can't move easily you can't adjust them since moving further up the rail to increase the angle requires moving the legs closer together.

Not to mention this will cause it to become less "stable" if the legs are to close together. I'm thinking about trying to rig up something to extend the rear legs to allow adjusting.

I finished putting the first of the eco-worthy solar racks together. Ive got to pickup the concrete footers for them tomorrow. Better made than I expected actually and was fun assembling :)

View attachment 162152

I will only be able to put two of the 450 watt renogy's on each rack.
Looks like regular Unistrut?

I installed mine on 4x4 posts. Then used duckbill anchors at each vertical post. I've got 20 x 200w panels installed. Each rack was able to hold three panels.

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 18
Back