diy solar

diy solar

Half price electric cars

Because FORD decided to only make "luxury" EVs. I don't need a $100,000 full size truck to replace my Ford Ranger. Have you seen the latest news from FORD about the small, cheaper EVs that they are now beginning to work on? and they won't be out for at least a couple more years because Ford went after immediate profit instead of trying to build a sustainable business.

The Mach E is in-line with the cheapest offerings from Tesla.

Which is our point. ICE engines will die because of regulations, not desire. A whole industry dead because of the thinking of half the people, just because of the ruling power of globalism.
If the auto companies die it will be due to their own incompetence. Tesla already shows that they can make money with EVs. Switching from gasoline to electric won't be the thing that kills "a whole industry."

If the auto companies die it will be due to their own incompetence. Tesla already shows that they can make money with EVs. Switching from gasoline to electric won't be the thing that kills "a whole industry."
How are you not getting this. We are talking about choice. Not if a company can transition, but choice. Regulations remove choice. Can't get much simpler.

This thread is about an EV car maker going bankrupt.

And people here arguing that EV vehicles are cheaper than gas cars.

The first statement is true, the second statement is false.

As of right now, evs don't meet the needs of many people and never will. Yes I fully understand there is a group of people who think it's only ignorant Maga yokels who can't see that ev's equate the second coming of Jesus.
Never say never. Changes are happening. Some good, others not so much. This is a General Discussion area, focused on EV's/Pricing, Fisker brand dying out before getting to full production & scale. Other EV competition pricing.

It's also interesting that Musk use to say that a Falcon 9 launch would probably cost around 6 million dollars but in reality it cost about $60 Million. No problem because he charges NASA $55 Million per passenger!
So the Tax payer pays to develop the Falcon 9 rocket and then gets reamed on the ticket price for every seat on it.

Russia was charging US $86 million per seat.

Following the shuttle disaster, they gave the US a discounted price. But when the US voluntarily retired the space shuttle, Russia then charged full fare.

Sounds like Musk/Space-X is providing flights at a significant discount off the alternative.

Space Shuttle cost per flight: $1.6 billion.
Both Russia and Space-X are looking like a bargain now.

1711723654942.png

Your posts read otherwise. A good question is why do you care enough to post about something you don't care about

Not that kind of don't care.

I don’t want gas vehicles regulated out of existence until electric cars and trucks can do exactly what gas cars and trucks can do for the exact same price or less with equal service/repair costs 10 years down the road.

The lack of empathy from the EV dorks who "do just fine" is what drives me nuts. They think because the ev suits their needs that it suits everyone else's as well.

How are you not getting this. We are talking about choice. Not if a company can transition, but choice. Regulations remove choice. Can't get much simpler.
Choice? I already can't find a 2 door replacement for my Ranger, in ICE or EV.

Bruh, electric cars are heavily subsidized on the front sales side and backside.

You aren't paying the actual price it costs to build.

Not that kind of don't care.

I don’t want gas vehicles regulated out of existence until electric cars and trucks can do exactly what gas cars and trucks can do for the exact same price or less with equal service/repair costs 10 years down the road.

The lack of empathy from the EV dorks who "do just fine" is what drives me nuts. They think because the ev suits their needs that it suits everyone else's as well.
Exactly!!

Back