diy solar

diy solar

Heads Up Alert: Li-Ion & LFP prices going UP this month.

I would suspect that EVE is either selling enough 1st Tier batteries and decided to drop out of the 2nd tier market or that they will come out with a better defined separate but unequal 2nd tier product that is not confused with the 1st tier, and this will stop the American Braghearts!

Another option (in my eyes equally or more likely) there may have always been a limited quantity of these cells for whatever reason (old stock, old model, large order that fell through, large batch that didn't meet QA in some respect, demand slump, etc) and that stock is simply drying up or slowing to a trickle. The old stock/old model option may have some truth to it, didn't at least one of the people that deciphered their serial number determine their cells were from 2018?

A further option, the popularity of these grey market cells in the last few months, and peoples willingness to buy them without matching/verified quality/support, has caused EVE to reassess their worth. They have blown up in popularity, maybe to the degree that they would now be on EVE's radar, hard to say.

EVE currently has (and has had for a while) an Alibaba storefront (with low and high MOQ offerings), so I'm not sure how this fits into the equation. Steve says they will be opening a retail storefront, but it seems to me they already have one, maybe it will be differentiated and sold under an offbrand/rebrand name at a lower price point.

Last edited:
one potentially relevant piece of info I just noticed:

EVE only lists the model LF280N on their Alibaba page, while the cells everyone is buying from the grey market are model LF280 (no N). No idea what the N means (new?), or how similar or different these models might be.

This is one possible small indication that a reason resellers may not be selling these cells in the future is that the old stock has been offloaded and is drying up. To be clear this is pure speculation (as are virtually all the theories and opinions thrown around about these cells, and other grey market cells).

edit: I noticed their marketing materials/pictures muddle the model numbers a bit.

Last edited:
EVE only lists the model LF280N on their Alibaba page, while the cells everyone is buying from the grey market are model LF280 (no N). No idea what the N means (new?), or how similar or different these models might be.

AFAIK "N" stands for new as they appeared after and the datasheet for those is the latest one.

Reactions: Dzl
Wow, according to this pic. The ones I ordered in August the 9th were Eve batteries.
And I was told they are in Customs for the last 10 days. So hopefully I will get mine soon.

Thanks for warning everyone. Good of you guys to do this. :)
If I remember correctly you ordered from Senberry?

Any increase may be a hit to those thinking of buying a container load, but for most of us buying a small number, the shipping cost is more than the cost of the battery.

I think the cost / WH over the life of the battery will continue to decrease since they will still be improving the cycle life and energy density.
I wish they could decrease the price and energy density of the LTO's .... I'd be all over them.

I noticed some of the prices increased on BigBattery yesterday
Hello @dirtybobby423 ,

As much as I am trying to keep prices down, the political climate via "USA/China Trade-War" can sometimes increase our supply-chain costs.
I Guarantee that all of our products are in fact the Best Prices (Per/KWh) in the USA. If anyone is able to find better prices offered in the USA for a similar product - please bring this to my attention at Eric@BigBattery.com. We strive to make sure that NO ONE offers better prices in the USA.

Granted, some people can choose to buy from Alibaba.com and if they are willing to take a gamble, so be it.
Here at BigBattery.com we stand behind our products, if you have any customer service issues - we fix them asap. If you need help with your install, you can call or chat with live technical support in the USA, and when you buy a battery from us - you are guaranteed to get what you paid for.

We are always striving to improve our products and services - If there is anything we could be doing our job better, Please let me know at Eric@BigBattery.com - Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Sincerely,
Eric Lundgren : CEO
Eric@BigBattery.com

Attachments

• BigBattery.com Power Wall.jpg
    BigBattery.com Power Wall.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 19
Hello @dirtybobby423 ,

As much as I am trying to keep prices down, the political climate via "USA/China Trade-War" can sometimes increase our supply-chain costs.
I Guarantee that all of our products are in fact the Best Prices (Per/KWh) in the USA. If anyone is able to find better prices offered in the USA for a similar product - please bring this to my attention at Eric@BigBattery.com. We strive to make sure that NO ONE offers better prices in the USA.

Granted, some people can choose to buy from Alibaba.com and if they are willing to take a gamble, so be it.
Here at BigBattery.com we stand behind our products, if you have any customer service issues - we fix them asap. If you need help with your install, you can call or chat with live technical support in the USA, and when you buy a battery from us - you are guaranteed to get what you paid for.

We are always striving to improve our products and services - If there is anything we could be doing our job better, Please let me know at Eric@BigBattery.com - Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Sincerely,
Eric Lundgren : CEO
Eric@BigBattery.com
Oh I was simply making and observation. The public should expect prices to fluctuate with the market
I have been nothing but pleased with my purchase from BigBattery, and chose to purchase largely due to value, availability, and ease of use.
I do wish I could access the information on the BMS though!

I e-mailed two very simple questions to BigBattery and never received a response. I sent the same email to SOK and also never received a response. I’m not too concerned with the actual answers to my e-mailed questions, but I would be if they were critical questions. Lower prices however can’t be controlled sometimes.

I e-mailed two very simple questions to BigBattery and never received a response. I sent the same email to SOK and also never received a response. I’m not too concerned with the actual answers to my e-mailed questions, but I would be if they were critical questions. Lower prices however can’t be controlled sometimes.
I had very good service through their chat feature online.

I am curious as to when you emailed them and how long you waited for a reply.

Thank you.
It might just have gotten lost as well though. I use to get 50 emails a day for a tiny web page I use to have.
Some just don't get through sometimes.

I used to get 60-85 a day when I did support but “getting lost” generally wasn’t a “technical event” on my servers. Uh oh, The Cloud is starting to block “The Sun”, this thread was just moved from General Discussion to LiFePO4 Battery Banks.

I wrote SOK more recently and they did respond. Battle Born was also responsive and answered my main question in detail as it related to their batteries. Technology and etiquette are both evolving rapidly!

Last edited:
I used to get 60-85 a day when I did support but “getting lost” generally wasn’t a “technical event” on my servers. Uh oh, The Cloud is starting to block “The Sun”, this thread was just moved from General Discussion to LiFePO4 Battery Banks.

I wrote SOK more recently and they did respond. Battle Born was also responsive and answered my main question in detail as it related to their batteries. Technology and etiquette are both evolving rapidly!
LOL see? It was lost in the internet vortex.
Haven't you seen Tron? :p LOL

Back