diy solar

diy solar

Help

davehall

OK I'm a noob so I bought 5 panels 456w in series
A powmr 8.2 240v which is what I needed and wanted and a e-box 48100r for batteries all hooked up the batteries were used once and now the inverter is flashing BP I have a 48 volt charger I put on it starts to charge after a while it starts to beep and the error light comes on I can't get (according to my meter ) more than 41 volt I'm so confused everything is brand new please help
Thanks in advance

OK I'm a noob so I bought 5 panels 456w in series
A powmr 8.2 240v which is what I needed and wanted and a e-box 48100r for batteries all hooked up the batteries were used once and now the inverter is flashing BP I have a 48 volt charger I put on it starts to charge after a while it starts to beep and the error light comes on I can't get (according to my meter ) more than 41 volt I'm so confused everything is brand new please help
Thanks in advance
And longi 465w solar panels x5
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Pytes E-BOX-48100R User Manual.pdf
    703.4 KB · Views: 3
Per the manual "bP" means the battery isn't connected.

Did you follow the soft start procedure in the battery manual?

Simply connecting the inverter to the battery may trigger short circuit protection due to surge when charging the capacitors. It will disable the battery.

Yes I did it did recognize the battery once then BP came up I checked the voltage it was low so I charged it with a 48v charger as per distributor and it comes up as BP

Yes I did it did recognize the battery once then BP came up I checked the voltage it was low so I charged it with a 48v charger as per distributor and it comes up as BP

Attachments

• 20230910_200350.jpg
    20230910_200350.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 5
So when the inverter is on it reads 7.1
At the battery it's self not connected it's 41

7.1 indicates BMS protection - either low voltage or short circuit protection.

Your battery is completely EMPTY.

Completely disconnect the inverter from the battery.

Charge the battery until it is at least 52.8V... preferably 55.2V

7.1 indicates BMS protection - either low voltage or short circuit protection.

Your battery is completely EMPTY.

Completely disconnect the inverter from the battery.

Charge the battery until it is at least 52.8V... preferably 55.2V
OK now should I shut down the battery or leave it on if it's on it screams at me

Back