diy solar

diy solar

Help

Jumping in here, but to charge the battery and make sure you do it safely it should be completely disconnected from anything else but the charger. You might also shut the battery off/on then let the charger sit for however many hours it takes to fully charge the battery. As another user noted a low amp charger could take many hours to fully charge a 100 amp hour battery

Jumping in here, but to charge the battery and make sure you do it safely it should be completely disconnected from anything else but the charger. You might also shut the battery off/on then let the charger sit for however many hours it takes to fully charge the battery. As another user noted a low amp charger could take many hours to fully charge a 100 amp hour battery
OK shut battery off and the charger is on

Well like I said it charges for a while then the battery starts to yell at me and the error light comes on

I think you need more of a check list.

Battery disconnect, nothing connected.

Turn battery off

Follow battery startup procedure

Plug in the charger and attach it to the battery

If these steps don’t work, then you may have some other challenges with the battery.

I think you need more of a check list.

Battery disconnect, nothing connected.

Turn battery off

Plug in the charger and attach it to the battery

If these steps don’t work, then you may have some other challenges with the battery.
OK I thank you for your help will let you know what happens tomorrow

No. The battery has disconnected itself, hence the bP = battery not connected error.

I assume the following is required to charge:

Attach charger and charge
I will try both avenues and let you know may be a couple day but I thank you very much

OK the protection kicks in alarm comes on stop charging what does that mean for me it does come on after about 3 to 4 hours charging if that means it's charged it still has the bp on the inverter I'm ? connfused

At this moment:

1. Are you currently charging.
  2. Are you showing errors.
  3. What is your battery voltage with the meter?

Back