diy solar

diy solar

High Voltage Tape on Busbars

This is the fallacy with this line of thinking. When do you use a wrench on a battery pack. When your assembling it. Can you assemble it when its covered in safety caps. No so the one time its exposed, (when assembling) is also the time in which you CANT have it covered. so yes the typical "drop the wrench on it" is always a concern. which is why the "real" pros use insulated tools instead of trying to insulate every conductive point inside your controlled access point. (eg inside the panel)

the "accidental thing fell into the battery pack at some point in the future" is prevented by controlled access. aka a cover.
Perhaps in the future someone will want to check to see if the cells are still in balance or some other cell maintenance, check for corrosion, replace a temp. sensor. But you have your battery pack do whatever you want.

I say insulate what you can and cover it up, belt and suspenders, especially in a marine environment

I used heater hose (split lengthwise) as a cover I could pop over crimp lugs and bolts to battery.
Something larger like radiator hose could cover a busbar and have cutouts for multiple cables.

Another guy with 3-D printer made custom covers for his.

Having various things covered reduces chances of wrench hitting them when working on one.

This is the fallacy with this line of thinking. When do you use a wrench on a battery pack. When your assembling it. Can you assemble it when its covered in safety caps. No so the one time its exposed, (when assembling) is also the time in which you CANT have it covered. so yes the typical "drop the wrench on it" is always a concern. which is why the "real" pros use insulated tools instead of trying to insulate every conductive point inside your controlled access point. (eg inside the panel)

the "accidental thing fell into the battery pack at some point in the future" is prevented by controlled access. aka a cover.
Can you please show your installation of your cells that will need no attention or maintenance in their 10 to 15 year lifespan?

Back