diy solar

diy solar

I need some help with my Schneider System

Thx for the info. I'll download this version also. Are there any issues you know of with either firmware version when using with the XW+?
I only know that I started getting weird stuff when I used v1.18 with the XW+ so I went back to 1.17.

I could be unaware of a legitimate reason 1.14 is right, but I've had no issues with 1.17. I don't use grid support though, so I would be unaware of complex config problems.

I'm AC Coupled only so don't use Sell Back and don't have any charge controllers. I do use Peak Load Shave at times which is part of Grid Support Functions but its fairly simple as compared to the issues others are having with Enhanced settings.

I'm AC Coupled only so don't use Sell Back and don't have any charge controllers. I do use Peak Load Shave at times which is part of Grid Support Functions but its fairly simple as compared to the issues others are having with Enhanced settings.
While the Schneider firmware has some legit (and in some cases.. severe) limitations, I've come to learn over time that 85% of the issues people have with the Schnieder ecosystem is in simply not understanding what the settings do. This is one area where the newer AIO systems excel for DIY'ers, It's also an area where I've given up hope that Schnieder intends to improve the situation :)

Thank you all for your remarks.
The batteries are fully charged at 54.x Volts. I do eventually want to sell back to the grid but I need the power company to give me the selling meter on the outside of the home = 3 December. The load is the house which consumes per the readout approx 1,000W
1701287273223.png
1701287365949.png

How do I apply the InsightHome firmware. That I have had problems how to do.
1701287548395.png
Here is what I see = nothing. I changed Grid Support Volts to 64 Volts and wonder when I will sell with that high Voltage? The InsightHome still tells me the solar panels do nothing and I expected them to supply the home 1,000 Watts or so to the home being that we have a sunny day.

Thank you all for your remarks.
The batteries are fully charged at 54.x Volts. I do eventually want to sell back to the grid but I need the power company to give me the selling meter on the outside of the home = 3 December. The load is the house which consumes per the readout approx 1,000W
View attachment 180319
View attachment 180320

How do I apply the InsightHome firmware. That I have had problems how to do.
View attachment 180321
Here is what I see = nothing. I changed Grid Support Volts to 64 Volts and wonder when I will sell with that high Voltage? The InsightHome still tells me the solar panels do nothing and I expected them to supply the home 1,000 Watts or so to the home being that we have a sunny day.
ok, the 64v thing is to enable "Enhanced grid support" which means it'll charge your batteries to 100%, and then sell excess power to the grid. since you aren't selling to the grid, this doesn't make sense in your scenario first.

Second: You need to enable grid support (set it to 0amps so it doesn't sell to the grid), and peak load shaving. Set your peak load shave to 0 amps, and set grid support voltage to something sensible.. maybe 51 or 52v. When you enable peak load shaving, you may need to set your inverter to "standby" for a moment, and then back to "online". Once you do that, you should see your batteries start supporting your critical loads. When the batteries start draining, you'll see the solar input start ramping up to charge the batteries.

Essentially, right now.. your panels aren't producing because you have nowhere for the power to go.

Go to the local site for your insurance (192.168.1.*** for example) I'm not sure how to update from the cloud version.

Also, can you post all your inverter and MPPT settings (print the page to PDF works well)? You need to change some inverter settings to get that to use battery power to get the battery low enough for the MPPT to start charging.

You need to change your approach and raise your expectation of and respect for complexity in this system. We are not troubleshooting a space heater or a toaster here, this is a device that is operating on complex, opaque, and downright confusing logic. Even those who throw themselves wholeheartedly into understanding the Schneider controls will still face significant hurdles in trying to get it to do what they want.
Well said.

And if you have trouble finding it on your local network (your router would show its address in the DHCP table) then the alternative is to connect directly to the InsightHome's wifi. The network name and password are printed on the back of the InsightHome. On that wifi, it will be on 192.168.100.1

The purpose of connecting directly to it by either method is to rollback the firmware, that's where you can do it.

This is what I see - and I am not able to change the InsightHome box with any lower firmware.
View attachment 180336
Use insightLocal, not the cloud.

connect via https to whatever IP address your insight device has. Login
Navigate to Setup > Configuration > Firmware upgrade. select the file on your computer, and you can downgrade your firmware there.

YES - I was able to load 1.14 into the InsightHome this way. Thank you for the suggestion - much appreciated.
1701356973574.png
With the sun at full power - why can't I get the solar panels to show that they do something?

YES - I was able to load 1.14 into the InsightHome this way. Thank you for the suggestion - much appreciated.
View attachment 180486
With the sun at full power - why can't I get the solar panels to show that they do something?
I'd say focus on 1 issue at a time. Right now, your AC loads are 1.2kw, but you are only supplying .2 from the batteries. Double check your "peak load shaving" settings. Lets get some load on those batteries, so we have somewhere for PV energy to go. Also, I asked for screenshots from the status pages of your inverter and MPTT devices. Can you get those please?

Is this the chart you need?
1701360384627.png
Otherwise please be a bit more specific - from the InsightHome web portal or the InsightHome 192.168.0.35 site?

Is this the chart you need?
View attachment 180502
Otherwise please be a bit more specific - from the InsightHome web portal or the InsightHome 192.168.0.35 site?

From insightLocal (not cloud). click on devices > inverter > status > advanced. take a screenshot. Do similar for the MPPT, please.

It'll look like this:
Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 11.58.39 AM.png

Also, for all practial purposes, I'd suggest you start using insightlocal as your primary interface.. and only use cloud when you are remote or have a specific need. InsightLocal is far more functional and realtime.

Also, I see you have your peak load shave set to 10a, you'll want to move that to 0 amps. At least for our testing. You can change it to your preferred values later on after we''ve worked through all of the issues.

From insightLocal (not cloud). click on devices > inverter > status > advanced. take a screenshot. Do similar for the MPPT, please.

It'll look like this:
View attachment 180514

Then, from that same screen in your browser, click on print, and then print as PDF. there shouldn't be anything sensitive in there, but review it first. then attach all 3 of those files to this thread.

Why is not any power coming from the solar panels - the batteries seem to be charged to 54.6 or so Volts. I changed to 0 Amps for the Peak Load Shave.
1701374286979.png

Then, from that same screen in your browser, click on print, and then print as PDF. there shouldn't be anything sensitive in there, but review it first.
We'd love to help you, but yeah man.. we have to get the things we're asking for to have a starting point. I have a few ideas of what the issue could be, but I don't want to assume anything and send us down rabbitholes. Right now, I suspect your MPPTs are in float and will remain in float until you drain your batteries enough for them to take some current. I see now from your dashboard screenshot that loadshaving is now supplying your loads from battery.. so, my *assumption* without the info we've requested is.. when the batteries start dropping below your float voltages, you'll see the panels start producing energy.

Beyond that, I'd have to start suspecting a tripped DC breaker, a disconnect switch that was accidentally flipped off, etc etc. But again, we kinda need a starting point :)

Back