diy solar

diy solar

I need some help with my Schneider System

thank you - yes there is one spare among the blue. My MPPT's are blinking so they are producing but I see nothing on the chart - why?
1701449036409.png
And I suspect the MPPT's are charging the batteries. The above picture has been there for a while so I wonder if I am getting solar power that keeps the batteries at 54.5 Volts.

thank you - yes there is one spare among the blue. My MPPT's are blinking so they are producing but I see nothing on the chart - why?
View attachment 180671
And I suspect the MPPT's are charging the batteries. The above picture has been there for a while so I wonder if I am getting solar power that keeps the batteries at 54.5 Volts.
Do you have an amp clamp that you can put over the wires from the MPPT to the batteries?
itd be interesting to see if there was current

I have AC but not DC power clamp device.
Can you show a simple diagram of how you have the xanbus wired?

I wonder if you have a damaged ethernet cable, and thus it's not reporting data but is actually working

The Xanbus starts at the InsigtHome - SCP - XW+6848 - the 2 MTTP - Disconnect - terminated in the Disconnect.

I was looking back at your settings and saw this in post #46. Wondering what the other options are. Are there any options that suggest more/some battery usage?

Screen Shot 2023-12-01 at 10.01.27 AM.png

There is 782W of PV power being reported yet zeros on all the DC output values. Definitely need to test the battery cables with a DC (Hall effect) clamp meter. That power has to be going somewhere.

Edit: Most likely the batteries as you mentioned above. Resting battery voltage is typically more like 53.6V so the charge controllers must be working especially since there is a load on the batteries. Some kind of Xanbus issue??

Last edited:
It's odd that it shows PV current in, but no current out to the battery. That's impossible.

I'd recommend removing the SCP (maybe just as a test) and reset (power cycle) both MPPTs. Make sure you connect the two sources to the MPPT in the correct order.

I will test the Xanbus cables Saturday. I will borrow a DC clampon meter and see if I have power from the MPPT's to the batteries. Yes this is very strange so I will stay on it with all good suggestions I am getting - thank you.

I checked all the Xanbus cables (regular CAT 5 cables) and they were all good. With the sun available this morning the batteries are charging and we tested the solar panels yesterday and they are good - each set of 5 panels x4. The picture I get now tells me the solar panels do no good.
1701540769560.png
All power seems to come from the batteries and that is not right as the voltage for the batteries are creeping upwards. The solar panels work but not on the display. The MPPT's seem to provide power input.
1701540963526.png
The MPPT 2 is now seeing most the sun as it is on the west side.

I agree with @BentleyJ to remove the SCP and then I might try 1.16 or 1.17 on the Insight and then otherwise it might be time to move on to some factory resetting of the Insight or MPPT's. It sounds like things are working just your power flow display is bugged.

That was 400bird's suggestion but we are in agreement that the charge controllers are working and recharging the batteries. Its just a Xanbus communication issue.

Thanks everyone that help me. I tried without the SCP on the XANBUS but no change. I have not yet updated the InsightHome so I will wait to tomorrow when the sun comes out again. It is a very strange problem as I think the MPPT's work but do not show anything from the solar panels. I have also ordered a DC clamp meter to verify if I get voltage/current from the MPPT's. That comes after some waiting time.

Here is the history - I still can not see any power coming from the solar cells although I knew they are providing power because I can see power PV Power and PV Voltage from the MPPT's. The battery is being charged even though it looks on the picture (see below) that the battery is helping the home power. I have tested the Xanbus cables ant they were good. I have removed the CommBox from the Xanbus as requested. I have had the SPC removed temporarily and no change to the system. I have upgraded the firmware to the InsightHome from 1.14 to 1.17 with no improvement to the problem. I have played with the set-up parameters and currently sell 0 Amp to the grid. Several other parameters have been played with and no change. I had the system in total power off when I tested the Xanbus cables. I ma lost as to why I do not see any solar power on the picture below. I see power coming into the MPPT's on the picture below. What remains and can be my problem?
1701622305319.png
1701622338124.png
No DC output is showed on the picture above but I think there is some. I have ordered a DC clamp current meter so I will eventually know what comes out from the MPPT. I will inform Schneider about my problem and see if they have any additional suggestion. Thanks everyone who have helped me so far.

Did you try power cycling the charge controllers and Insight?
If that doesn't help, my next step would be factory resets on the Insight then MPPTs.

Back