diy solar

diy solar

I need some help with my Schneider System

i did full reset and reprogrammed al parameters into the Inverter. I still do not have the green LED telling me that AC grid is ok and usable. No green LED at all.
Please note that on the chart above the AC 1 235.5 Volt - the programming for AC 1 says High Volt Disconnect is 133 Volt and should that be 240.0 Volt or so? Low Volt disconnect is programed to 108 Volt - should that be 220 Volt or so? All based on what I read above in the chart.
Also if I have only one Inverter should Multi-Unit Configuration be "Single Phase Master" or something like Split Phase Master?

i did full reset and reprogrammed al parameters into the Inverter. I still do not have the green LED telling me that AC grid is ok and usable. No green LED at all.
Please note that on the chart above the AC 1 235.5 Volt - the programming for AC 1 says High Volt Disconnect is 133 Volt and should that be 240.0 Volt or so? Low Volt disconnect is programed to 108 Volt - should that be 220 Volt or so? All based on what I read above in the chart.
Also if I have only one Inverter should Multi-Unit Configuration be "Single Phase Master" or something like Split Phase Master?
Have you taken a multimeter, and verified that you're actually getting power to AC1?
Is it 60hz?

I'd do some troubleshooting with a multimeter. If you aren't getting proper voltage at the inverter, the problem is between the grid, and the inverter. if you are getting proper voltage, the problem is with the inverter or it's configs.

What GridCode did you enable? And did you change it when the utility asked you to enable sell?

I don't like the displayed voltage for AC1
It shows L1 @ 235 vac and L2 @ 0 vac

I'm away from home at the moment, so I can't check mine. But if those readings are correct, I'd recheck your wiring to that AC1 input.

Yup, I'd say it's time to dig out the meter and track down your wiring problem. It should be able to show 120 vac on each leg.

Screenshot_20240209-193947.png

Yup, I'd say it's time to dig out the meter and track down your wiring problem. It should be able to show 120 vac on each leg.
I was wondering if the reset to factory was the culprit but looking way back to post #106, Dec 5, AC1 has 245V and AC2 has 0V. This does not appear new but its beyond me how it ever worked that way (assuming those numbers are real and not a result of InsightLocal bugginess).

What do the settings for the slave look like? Maybe there are clues?

When the utility put in the auxiliary meter, did they give you a 240V leg right off a transformer rather than 120/120V 240V split phase?

Thank you all for ideas.
I see a problem - I have 235 Volt at L 1 and 0 Volt at L 2 and does not seem to be able to switch (program) the unit to be SPLIT PHASE MASTER as it becomes red and will not accept that even though the Inverter is in standby.
1707577462149.png
What can I do to get 120 Volt on each line L1 and L2. I have checked incoming lines from the grid and they seem to be at 120 Volt. In the Multi-Unit Configuration I get many options and the right one will not take and I get a red reply.
1707577667520.png

It has to be in standby mode to change the multi unit config. Even then, sometimes it will refuse. Applying a firmware update, resetting all settings to factory, etc. can help nudge it to go.

If you can get it to take Split Phase Standalone, that is more correct than Split Phase Master, but both will work.

You may want to power it down and open the big cover on front to confirm your transformer is wired in split phase config.

It is programmed as SINGLE PHASE MASTER = which seems to be incorrect. It was probably Split phase when it was working but I may have changed it so now is the question how I get it back. I have taken off the covers and can not find the jumpers - please show me where they are located.
IMG_3892.jpg

If you are getting 240 on L1, and 0 on L2, this is not an inverter configuration problem. it's a wiring problem *before* it gets to the inverter.

You need to debug why you are getting 240 on L1, and 0 on L2. Forget the inverter for now.

Double check your grounds and neutrals, I would immediately suspect a floating neutral. If this doesn't make sense, you may want to get an electrician friend to offer a hand before you burn up the inverter.

I had it working and have not changed any wiring. I can not detect any bad NEUTRAL wire as I have checked all that I can. I still wonder what SINGLE PHASE MASTER mean as that is what is programmed and it will not allow me to change to SPLIT PHASE MASTER = red when I try to program it that way.
Right now I have the circuit breakers set so I get power to the house without going thru the Inverter.

What does others have in the Multi-Unit Configuration? Should it be Split Phase or is Single Phase ok? Common sense tells me that it must be Split Phase but hoe do I get there?

Attachments

• IMG_3893.jpg
    IMG_3893.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1
Single phase is incorrect and may be why it's showing voltage on only one leg. I've never set it that way. I assumed it was a wiring issue, but if you never changed the wiring...

AC input to the XW off, put it in standby, change the configuration.
If that doesn't work, hit the reset to factory option from the drop down up top.

What update did you install? Any chance you installed the wrong version and got something that doesn't support split phase, like the 120vac single phase firmware?

I reset all settings of Inverter to factory - but I can NOT change it to Split Phase Master - I get a red result
1707588953560.png

Are following my and JBertok's advice to remove the AC voltage from the input and put the inverter into standby?

Back in December you had an issue where the firmware on the MPPT loaded incorrectly. Have you tried reloading the firmware on the XW again to see if it went sideways?

Also, check what firmware you downloaded. There's a specific version for 120vac single phase:

Screenshot_20240210-123352.png

I did not do any updates - the power company was here to approve my system for selling power. When they were here we discovered (after a few power off events) that we had no green LED light for incoming power. They left and I started to wonder why. At this time I may have changed the programming and made it a Single Phase Master but not being able to get back to Split Phase Master which I believe it should be.
Any ideas how I get back to Split Phase Master and 120 Volt at each leg of L1 and L2 of AC1? I redid the firmware as I had problems with MPPT and the firmware before I had it working.

I am in standby for the Inverter.
I use InsightLocal for programing
The AC1 is routed to the home by having the circuit breaker with a half-moon flip to have no AC1 power to the Inverter (even breaker 1 off) but power from AC1 to the home via the 3rd breaker.

I have firmware 2.07.00 BN4 and wonder for XW+6848 if that is correct. I do not have the Pro version.

What firmware on your InsightHome?
I think 1.18 is the latest (there are a couple bn’s (build numbers)since their first try fails on many units (including mine).

Back