diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS Deal AliExpress

For the JK Module need to make sure you get the right one for your BMS size. There are two versions and it's really hard to tell on Aliexpress or Alibaba which one is which. Best to contact the seller. I'm right in the middle of this process myself.

Look at the link below. You will see the picture of two modules. I bought the one WITHOUT the writing Only for blah, blah,blah as I have the B2A20S20P BMS. Open question to the seller to confirm I'm right.

Last edited:
For the JK Module need to make sure you get the right one for your BMS size. There are two versions and it's really hard to tell on Aliexpress or Alibaba which one is which. Best to contact the seller. I'm right in the middle of this process myself.

Look at the link below. You will see the picture of two modules. I bought the one WITHOUT the writing Only for blah, blah,blah as I have the B2A20S20P BMS. Open question to the seller to confirm I'm right.
That is the same BMS I have on order, but didn't know to buy other things with it. Should I get the USB adapter on A>Z or buy it with the JK module?

Just remember, if you have an android or iOS device you should be able to configure and monitor the JK BMS with bluetooth and not need to purchase anything else. Most people are not configuring the "older" non-"inverter" JK BMSs to talk with their inverter since it is not trivial to do. So the main reason why people buy those USB adaptors and module for the JK BMS is to monitor them with something other then using the iOS and Android app.. even then it is still possible to monitor with a Raspberry Pi using Bluetooth as well using no other hardware.

That is the same BMS I have on order, but didn't know to buy other things with it. Should I get the USB adapter on A>Z or buy it with the JK module?
I bought the JK Adapters on Aliexpress and USB converter on Amazon. Like @rhino said, they aren’t truly needed unless you want to do something with the information that can come out of the JKs

I almost went the Seplos v3 BMS route but still wanted an active balancer. With shipping it would be well over $200 per bms plus add the balancer of $60. The new JK is the one I really wanted as it has everything built in but it’s no where ready for prime time.

Just remember, if you have an android or iOS device you should be able to configure and monitor the JK BMS with bluetooth and not need to purchase anything else. Most people are not configuring the "older" non-"inverter" JK BMSs to talk with their inverter since it is not trivial to do. So the main reason why people buy those USB adaptors and module for the JK BMS is to monitor them with something other then using the iOS and Android app.. even then it is still possible to monitor with a Raspberry Pi using Bluetooth as well using no other hardware.
You wouldn't know this, but this solar set up is off-grid, not where I live. So aside from initial setup, I would like a way to monitor remotely. Without digging deeper, I am hoping something like this will help with that? If not, given I will be using the JK BMS and the LV6048, is there a better alternative for remote monitoring? Thanks

You wouldn't know this, but this solar set up is off-grid, not where I live. So aside from initial setup, I would like a way to monitor remotely. Without digging deeper, I am hoping something like this will help with that? If not, given I will be using the JK BMS and the LV6048, is there a better alternative for remote monitoring? Thanks
Best you’ll get is Solar Assistant for that LV6048

Best you’ll get is Solar Assistant for that LV6048
Is it easier to buy the software installed or buy the pi separately? They sell the package for $180 or the software for $56. The pi they are selling goes for about $50 by itself...is there a difficult factor going from the $50 pi and the SD image vs spending $74 more to have it installed? Thanks

I have never bought a pi....should I just get the same Orange PI 3 LTS as SA sells or should I get something newer, like a 4?

I have never bought a pi....should I just get the same Orange PI 3 LTS as SA sells or should I get something newer, like a 4?
I’d look up compatibility and get what you can find. At one point any PI was hard
To find and expense. I’m running the

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4

You have to make sure that what you choose is compatible.
Some Pi's are troublesome for Solar Assistant.

Yes, I am quite aware of their "work in progress" and even somewhat involved again with JK but I will not be editing their manuals again.
I have a batch pre-ordered and am waiting till December 01 before finalizing that order. I know that @Nami from HankZor is coordinating some of that with JiKong and the testers & protocol folks. I feel that by Dec.01 the key things will be completed and likely with more updates to follow.
Looks like they are looking at releasing end of this month:

Screenshot_20240105_214019_Chrome.jpg

Looks like they are looking at releasing end of this month:

View attachment 187196
They are already shipping to Vendors and a few have limited quantities available for shipping.
It also appears that the larger screen "is it" for now...

The Raspberry Pi 5 is out & available (pretty impressive) and works Solar Assitant and others.
Raspi's can use a CANhat or a good CAN->USB adapter to interface with the JK's.

Back