diy solar

diy solar

Know your rights when buying Online

robby

Photon Vampire
I suggest people read the FTC rules.

Federal Trade Commission Merchandise Rules

One rule that I find that is not followed by some companies is this one.

What You Must Do If You Learn You Cannot Ship on Time

When you learn that you cannot ship on time, you must decide whether you will ever be able to ship the order. If you decide that you cannot, you must promptly cancel the order and make a full refund.

If you decide you can ship the order later, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delay. You may use whatever means you wish to do this -- such as the telephone, fax, mail, or email -- as long as you notify the customer of the delay reasonably quickly. The customer must have sufficient advance notification to make a meaningful decision to consent to the delay or cancel the order.

Some businesses adopt internal deadlines that are earlier than those set by the Rule to ensure that their delay notices give all customers a meaningful opportunity to consent to the delay. If businesses fail to ship or give delay notifications by their internal deadlines, they automatically cancel the orders and make refunds.

In any event, no notification to the customer can take longer than the time you originally promised or, if no time was promised, 30 days. If you cannot ship the order or provide the notice within this time, you must cancel the order and make a prompt refund.

Last edited:
This last holiday season, ordered an “airmoto” mini inflator as a gift (uncle bought into Facebook advertising), ordered directly on their site on Black Friday.

Nothing happened with the order after the first week, same the next week. I emailed their customer “support” they spit out a tracking number but it never moved, called support went straight to voicemail.

I paid with PayPal via credit card, I started a dispute with PayPal mid December, PayPal set the deadline for 12/29. I eventually ordered off Amazon as I read the writing on the wall, was delivered in two days.

Xmas comes and goes, uncle is happy with his new toy. Lo and behold the tracking number has movement on 12/27. Item delivered on 1/2. PayPal notes the delivery of the tracking number and closes the dispute. Zero information from the company as to the cause of delay nor a call back or email.

Now I have a unit I don’t need, do I attempt to return it? Wait 2 months and maybe get my $80 back? Screw it, I’ll gift it to my father for his birthday. I already have an m12 mini puffer that would run circles around this thing.

They won, they sold two units.

Yeah I have had those kind of situations and it really is not worth my time to go and pursue small sums of money.

Back