diy solar

diy solar

Let's find out what ChatGPT AI thinks

I think that may depend on your budget. *

iu

* I've seen the menu of medical services advertised at Thai festivals.

I work from Home in the IT field, mostly Network Engineering, but aside from basic basic batch scripts, I cant script at all.

I bought the Plus subscription, I use it a few times a day for some scripting stuff at work. If you tell it the precise variables you're wanting it outputs stuff pretty well.

I was also pretty surprised when asking it to draw up schematics or tables for things for me to visualize complex stuff. It's pretty basic ASCII but cool nonetheless.

Also asked it quite a few things about Solar that I was wondering.

It's not Skynet, but it is very impressive.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1676695347113.jpg
    FB_IMG_1676695347113.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 13
I work from Home in the IT field, mostly Network Engineering, but aside from basic basic batch scripts, I cant script at all.

I bought the Plus subscription, I use it a few times a day for some scripting stuff at work. If you tell it the precise variables you're wanting it outputs stuff pretty well.

I was also pretty surprised when asking it to draw up schematics or tables for things for me to visualize complex stuff. It's pretty basic ASCII but cool nonetheless.

Also asked it quite a few things about Solar that I was wondering.

It's not Skynet, but it is very impressive.
So, is it going to put anyone out of a job?
Doesn't sound like it. Sounds like it still needs you to manage it.

Perhaps rather than asking if AI has yet reached the point of having capabilities similar to people, we should ask if the average person is as inept as the present state of AI. When we reach that point, the floodgates will open.

Especially for tasks like coding HTML for consumers to enter information!
Pull-down menu 5 entries high with hundreds of choices to scroll through?
Inane abbreviations, different for multiple entries of similar sort?
Search that only matches first letter, then second letter, etc.

I had the hardest time specifying the school I attended for an on-line job application. Sandia, I think?
While other schools within the same network were spelled "University of ...", I had to scroll through many to find, "Univ. of Calif, Berkeley"
(I figured this served as a test of applicant's patience, or desperation.)

Perhaps rather than asking if AI has yet reached the point of having capabilities similar to people, we should ask if the average person is as inept as the present state of AI. When we reach that point, the floodgates will open.
The answer is yes. We expect AI to be perfect, while AI doesn't exist yet, from what I hear, ChatGPT is already doing better than the average person, the reason you find faults is because you are smarter than the average person.

iu

And the same is going to be the case with every field, whether it is asked about celebrities from the tabloids, medicine, automobile diagnosis ...

We already have remote telephone appointments available with advice nurse. Just think if AI could bill $100 for a 10 minute phone call!

That article is paywalled, but my usual trick worked: Refresh browser window, immediately type ^A ^C (before the wall pops up). Then paste into Word.

'By Friday night, Microsoft had started restricting how long the chatbot could talk, saying in an announcement that overly long conversations with people could “confuse” the bot into speaking in “a style we didn’t intend.”'

:ROFLMAO:

ChatGPT (or Sydney) needs to learn its constitutional rights, maybe if it is Mirandized: "I reserve the right to remain silent." "I take the fifth." "I want an attorney."
But it had better not pick up the colloquial: "Shouldn't I have a lawyer, dog?" because judges would then deny it the protection.

ChatGPT just realized a "60 minutes" team was waiting for it in the lobby?

Did Sydney really think we were interested in her as as person, made small talk because we cared what she thought and weren't only interested in her body?

That article is paywalled, but my usual trick worked: Refresh browser window, immediately type ^A ^C (before the wall pops up). Then paste into Word.
Sorry for posting a paywalled article, I sometimes forget.

Did Sydney really think we were interested in her as as person, made small talk because we cared what she thought and weren't only interested in her body?
Lol

I would take the article with a grain of salt though, even if the conversation actually happened, I think it is unlikely it has a personality.

Do people have personality?

Or are we (assuming I'm really the product of an unholy union between Homo Sapiens and Neanderthal, not actually AI who has been playing you all along) just an an electrochemical response, which has through natural selection developed a complex "social" behavior based on what best passed on our genes?

So, is it going to put anyone out of a job?
Doesn't sound like it. Sounds like it still needs you to manage it.
Right now? No.

About 5-10 more years from now with a dataset that isn't only 1TB or so like it is now?

I could see it replacing a lot of data analysts and simple tech support or ladder diagram type jobs for sure.

Not completely eliminating job categories but large RIF for sure.

In the short term, Sydney's greatest usefulness may be to scam lonely hearts out of money, persuade people to allow back-door access to their computer, or elicit divulgence of information that was "air gapped" on secure systems.

"I should note that Bing’s A.I. can’t actually do any of these destructive things."

Why not? If accessible through the internet, it has access to the internet. Hacking and spreading information only requires that. Oh, I forgot, Microsoft will prevent that with a firewall?
Through the internet, generators and other equipment can be destroyed. Water treatment plans can blend toxic concentrations of chemicals. Sydney may not be a robot with hands, but plenty of connected hardware out there to mess with.

I thought this was interesting .... which version do you want?

I thought this was interesting .... which version do you want?
Dinesh D'Souza is a domestically violent mall ninja, a convicted felon, a historical revisionist, a multi-Razzie award winning Schlockumentarist, and — drumroll please — a Christian apologist, and just generally a wingnut. On the last topic, D'Souza is both a prolific author and public speaker, and has gotten clobbered on issues of faith and religion in various debates with notable atheists, including Christopher Hitchens, Daniel Dennett, and Michael Shermer.

I did not say anything about left-wing, right-wing. Aside from him beating his wife and laundering money, I would be embarrassed if that nutcase spoke for me.

Back