diy solar

diy solar

LiTime doesnt honor price match guarantee

nhn2a

I'm having an interesting encounter with LiTime currently. They claim on their website that they have a price match guarantee across all platforms. However, they are selling their 100ah Mini Smart Battery for $279 on their website but for $244 on their ebay store. I asked if they would price match as I wanted to buy direct and they said no. They offered me an 8% discount code but it doesnt even make it as cheap as they are selling it on their ebay store which seems crazy because they have to pay marketplace fees by selling on ebay so it should be cheaper the other way around. All this to say their price match guarantee is bogus.

https://www.litime.com/products/12v-100ah-group-24-smart-bluetooth
https://www.ebay.com/itm/355482983778

Got a link to the price match claim? I can't seem to find it .

Its on their homepage and on each battery page I've looked at. Its a ribbon on the top left that shows price match guarantee but I'm with you I cant find anything that actually explains what their price match guarantee is and they stopped responding once I asked why they arent honoring it.

1721236977501.png

Dumb of them not to link it to a policy - I have seen some vendors that say they won't price match against themselves because it is a different warehouse or division selling things... i.e. ships from US or China

I think I would reply to their email and ask them to spell the policy out . And @Will Prowse just had words with them on honoring a warranty - maybe their customer support is slipping

Dumb of them not to link it to a policy - I have seen some vendors that say they won't price match against themselves because it is a different warehouse or division selling things... i.e. ships from US or China

I think I would reply to their email and ask them to spell the policy out . And @Will Prowse just had words with them on honoring a warranty - maybe their customer support is slipping

Yep, I already asked them for clarification on the policy and thats when they appear to have stopped responding. They were pretty responsive up to that point.

Maybe they don't know what price match guarantee seal even means, they probably saw it on different places and sites and said hey that looks good put it on our site it will make us look fancy.:p

Maybe they don't know what price match guarantee seal even means, they probably saw it on different places and sites and said hey that looks good put it on our site it will make us look fancy.:p

That's a good possibility.

So I finally heard back from someone on their chat and their definition of "Price Match Guarantee" is below. To me I would classify this as a low price guarantee as a "Price Match" normally implies that you are matching the price of another item.

1721311027106.png1721311139921.png1721311176189.png

and it is only a price match of their products to their product if they are smart - since other products of questionable build quality are actually a lot cheaper.

so it is really a 30 day low price guarantee to those of us in the US that is a familar thing started by the big box stores - go ahead and buy that big screen, and if the price drops or it goes on sale in 30 days we will refund it. I used it a few times back in the days of Circuit City

Any reason why you can’t just buy from the eBay listing?
No reason at all. I was just asking to understand the rationale of why they were selling it cheaper on a platform that they have to pay marketplace fees on vs on their website which wouldn't have any. That led me to question what their price match guarantee was since there were no details about it anywhere on the website.

They are probably using FBA, fulfilment by Amazon where you store products in the amazon warehouse, and these come with storage fees so if your product doesn't move it starts getting charged.

May be eBay has something similar? Where they store it for you but if it doesn't move you get charged storage fees?

diy solar

diy solar
Back