diy solar

diy solar

Luyuan battery case

It is said that a picture says a thousand words. Very grateful to @Steve_S for his helpful photos. Here is another photo of the inside panel. If it helps one person then it was worthwhile.

View attachment 226011
Working with Amy now on two cases for 48v 105ah EVE (already have batteries) with JK inverter w/screeen BMS. Seems like she is on the ball and understands exactly what I want. Is anything else needed for this build or is absolutely everything included?

It is said that a picture says a thousand words. Very grateful to @Steve_S for his helpful photos. Here is another photo of the inside panel. If it helps one person then it was worthwhile.

View attachment 226011
Hi JJJJ. I see you are using the inverter BMS. What inverter do you plan to use that with?
Thanks for the pic. I have to squeeze a class T fuse in with the inverter BMS. It's tight but I think I have it figured out.

Those do not look like 280 ah cells to me.

In my quest for a 280 ah 8 s case, I found nothing. I saw a few cases advertised, but when I checked the battery dimensions, these would not fit.

I have two 8S batteries and they take up about 24 inches by 16 inches, the spec sheet would have exact dimensions. When I converted that to mm, the Ali products I found last year would not fit the batteries.

Edit: after reading, appears this case is 758 x 258 x 452 mm. Will this fit 16 of your cells? Also, whether that’s external or internal dimensions is unclear, and that makes a huge difference. If internal, I’m not sure if it’s useable to store batteries.
Stanley FatMax tool box is perfect size for eight 280ah batteries

Attachments

• IMG_20240331_094157328.jpg
    IMG_20240331_094157328.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20240322_091037347.jpg
    IMG_20240322_091037347.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20240326_114148642.jpg
    IMG_20240326_114148642.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240322_155233338.jpg
    IMG_20240322_155233338.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20240322_092116380.jpg
    IMG_20240322_092116380.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 19
Hi JJJJ. I see you are using the inverter BMS. What inverter do you plan to use that with?
Thanks for the pic. I have to squeeze a class T fuse in with the inverter BMS. It's tight but I think I have it figured out.
I'm almost done with mine. I'll post a video showing how it was assembled when done. I had one basically finished but it goes down into the basement so it was carried down in pieces after tearing it back down. I'm at the point of installing balance leads on the current box which should get done late today.

I would post a picture of mine, but they are exactly the same as @Steve_S except I have 304Ah cells.
I really love how Steve and Amy worked out all the details for the case and parts pack, down to the stud mounts for the inverter BMS. Everything was included and fit perfect.
The only thing I had to cut was the B1-B8 and B- wires to the cells.

My only question is how is the 2AWG inside the battery is enough when from the battery to the bus bar or inverter needs to be bigger (I am using 2/0). Is it just because the length is so short for the 2AWG?

The only thing I had to cut was the B1-B8 and B- wires to the cells.
I never cut my wires down. This is one reason my sense wire resistances are between 55-65 milliohm.
I also double strip the lead end, fold it over & crimp the terminal and then heat-shrink over the barrel.

My cases have 4-AWG Silicone wire internally for the (-)&(+) (200A BMS).
Case Terminal to Busbar wires are now going to the new Kalas Wire (1/0) I am just making up now. This wire has a lot more strands than Royal Excelene and uses Segmented Strands and is capable of a lot more amperage. The Cover is super flexible & soft but Tough to cut (it is welding wire after all). My battery pack cables are all 42-3/4" long to accommodate my design, layout with 7x 280AH packs. Also something a "Tad Different" is that instead of Tinned Lugs I switched up to using Nickel Plated lugs for the Home Run so to speak. This is part of the Finalization of my system, so.

HEADS UP !
Amy will be offering a couple of new cases soon. The designs are essentially done and prototypes are being made up. There are several "Lessons Learned" being incorporated (lessons from other manufacturers as well). I believe that many will be happy when they come available. I KNOW it's a tease "SORRY" but I can't get into too much detail as nothing is finalized "yet".

HEADS UP !
Amy will be offering a couple of new cases soon. The designs are essentially done and prototypes are being made up.
Such a tease, Steve!
I hope one will be for a 12V case. Building both your 24V cases and the Luyuan's 12V steel case, the 12V case feels so crude and jimmy rigged (no compression, no holes for ports, no mount for BMS).
I am ordering screens for the 12V cases and I will have to cut out the hole for it and the communication wires.

HEADS UP !
Amy will be offering a couple of new cases soon. The designs are essentially done and prototypes are being made up. There are several "Lessons Learned" being incorporated (lessons from other manufacturers as well). I believe that many will be happy when they come available. I KNOW it's a tease "SORRY" but I can't get into too much detail as nothing is finalized "yet".

Ugh. I’m almost ready to buy a few 105ah 48v cases from Amy. Guess I’ll wait.

I'll just say, that as far as I am aware, these new cases will accommodate more cells type (read as larger). Do keep in mind that Q4 will see 500AH+ cells available.

I'll just say, that as far as I am aware, these new cases will accommodate more cells type (read as larger). Do keep in mind that Q4 will see 500AH+ cells available.
Good point and it’s hard to fine cases for the Eve 105s now. Going back and forth between Mason kit and Luyuan kits. Only $125 more for Mason for two of them.

Stanley FatMax tool box is perfect size for eight 280ah batteries
Over the last two years a variety of cases are available for these 280 ah Cells.

You did a nice job with that tool box. Is the box strong enough to lift the 100 LBS of batteries?

I utilize the Victron Multiplus 24v. I have a lot to learn regarding the interface options and will likely start out with the active BMS features.
I'm almost done with mine. I'll post a video showing how it was assembled when done. I had one basically finished but it goes down into the basement so it was carried down in pieces after tearing it back down. I'm at the point of installing balance leads on the current box which should get done late today.
I have one inverter BMS so far that I plan to use with a Solark 12K.
When I feel that all of the bugs are figured out, I will order 4 more JK Inverter BMSs.

I got the single terminals with the faceplate for the inverter BMS. And I will order single terminals for the other 4 faceplates.

I got the single terminals with the faceplate for the inverter BMS. And I will order single terminals for the other 4 faceplates.
It is nice to have an easy option like that but one really has to think it out and how they want to setup their bank of batteries. Stacked, Shelved, Racked etc Wire runs etc can become monsters in a hurry ! LOL In fact, I actually agonized over my new config for months & wasted a pile of cash on various shelving systems till I found one that works just right... BTW: Advertised Weight Ratings for shelves = Pure Horse Pucks !

Also got to keep in mind "future possibilities" and you know "Never say Never" LMAO.

This one was about $105 after 30% coupon on Amazon. Got it in three days.

This is my latest quote with BMS. She needs to add one more screen. Think it’s cheaper in the long run with all separators, cables, connectors, etc for $158 each.

With JK BMS:

***Product list:

2pcs box kit for 16S 105AH---$158*2=$316

2pcs JK-PB1A16S10P(100A) BMS (screen not included)---$66*2=$132

1pcs JK 4.3inch screen—$25

1pcs RS485 USB adapter---$4.5

***Freight to US(xxxxx):$129

By sea,DDP,50-60days to arrive

***So,the total price is:

$316+$132+$25+$4.5+$129=$606.5

diy solar

diy solar