diy solar

diy solar

New breaker panel. Where is the ground neutral bond?

ScropusGobbleBottom

Corn Pop was a bad dude.
I bought this.

I know I am NOT supposed to have neutral and ground bonded while using the 6000xp when connected to grid.

The thing is, I am usually supplied with a green screw and know not to put it in. I did not get one.
This has me thinking it may be in the panel already.

Is this a practice?

Can anyone tell me if there is any screw to remove in this panel? If not, where would the ground bond screw go? I cant find that spot either.Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 14-45-52 Square D - HOM3060L225PGCVP Homeline 225 Amp 30-Space 60-Cir...png

Looks like it’s not bonded and you need to add ground bars. Do a continuity test between neutral bar and case itself.
Yes, I added a ground bar and checked continuity. I did not scrape paint tho I tested against a removed knockouts hole. All seemed fine.

My new QO panel also did not include the bonding screw. I wonder if that's a new cost saving measure lol. It probably isn't used that much in the US anymore with outdoor disconnects by the meter being required in most areas.

I have never purchased a service panel that didn't come with provisions for bonding.
There are still more applications that would require bonding than not.
In my area, the exterior service disconnect is only required for new or complete replacement of service.
If some manufacturers start excluding the provisions, it will only cost them sales. As contractors like myself will purchase from someone else. Rather than having to remember who's making things more complicated over 2 cents worth of hardware.

I have never purchased a service panel that didn't come with provisions for bonding.
There are still more applications that would require bonding than not.
In my area, the exterior service disconnect is only required for new or complete replacement of service.
If some manufacturers start excluding the provisions, it will only cost them sales. As contractors like myself will purchase from someone else. Rather than having to remember who's making things more complicated over 2 cents worth of hardware.
I would bet it was loose and thrown away with the packaging.
Box looked horrible and some edges were bent.

That's how to get the $0.02 part for free.

If it doesn't come with a bonding screw, it needs a ground bar.
A tip from me: Get a longer bar. Comes in handy when over-stuffed with tandem breakers (with non-circuit limiting they fit all QO boxes, not sure about Homeline), and when you have spare or paralleled circuits.

My packaging seemed completely intact and didn't come with a bonding screw

That's how to get the $0.02 part for free.

If it doesn't come with a bonding screw, it needs a ground bar.
A tip from me: Get a longer bar. Comes in handy when over-stuffed with tandem breakers (with non-circuit limiting they fit all QO boxes, not sure about Homeline), and when you have spare or paralleled circuits.
It actually came with a medium sized ground bar.

I see your point!

I dont think Ill be past 30 breakers any time in the next 3 years.

Tandem breakers work in this Homeline as I have 2 in there already :) ( only because I was using them in my old panel)

If it fits, use it.
If not, a little persuasion might help. lol

Edit:
This was a joke. Do not take it seriously.
You wouldn't believe the things I have seen.

Homeline panel, homeline tandem breakers. Panel says 30/60 circuits so that means to me that EVERY circuit can be a tandem right??
Or am I bat chit crazy?
It should be.

I was obliquely referring to the fact that HOM does not have tandem AFCI and if you lengthened the circuits enough you would have “had to” replace to AFCI.

diy solar

diy solar
Back