diy solar

diy solar

New NEC code makes it impossible for DIY systems to be compliant

Status
Not open for further replies.
The electoral college is fundamentally disgusting. It throws away significant numbers of votes in many states by how they implement it with it's winner takes all nonsense. It discourages voting by building a sense of hopelessness amongst the minority percentage of a states population. State governments are not the ones that should be voting for the President of the United States. That's just wrong, regardless of whether that's how it's setup.

The only thing worse than the electoral college is the Senate. It gives people more rights / power over others based solely on where they live. States / countries don't really *exist*, they don't have human rights, they are constructs of our collective imagination. If "rural" people in sparsely populated areas need to be protected from the braindead masses in the city, there must be another way to protect them that isn't in violation of basic human decency.
There may be a better system, but direct democracy isn't it. I'm not saying I have a solution, but I know that without the electoral college, the simple majority of New York and California would decide every election, and that, to me, is unacceptable.

One could argue that pure democracy is the oppression of the minority by the majority.

Seriously? "oppression of the minority by the majority"?

As long as they still have the same rights and voting power as everybody else, the minority doesn't *deserve* to dictate how things are going to go. They shouldn't be oppressed by the majority, as in lose any rights the majority maintain, but they don't deserve to be the minority opinion and oppress the majority instead.

What you might want to encourage, instead of giving some citizens more rights than others, is to get rid of our absurd two party system. That's the real problem as it stands now, aside from bribery and corruption, which are empowered considerably by that same two party system.

Only 10% of the military is in actual combat roles.

The rest are support..

I know people who never left CONUS for years much less saw combat.

It's not a matter of if they are in actual combat roles. They could be put into combat. That's why you want other non military organizations to exist as job programs. Ones where combat is never a "forced" option or you're out.

It's also a matter of scope creep, as an organization gets larger, and has more roles within it that aren't it's original mission, it gets bloated and fat. We want to trim fat, not make it fatter.

There may be a better system, but direct democracy isn't it. I'm not saying I have a solution, but I know that without the electoral college, the simple majority of New York and California would decide every election, and that, to me, is unacceptable.
Of course it's unacceptable to you. You think they don't deserve to win, because they don't have your opinion. You are exactly the problem, not them.

The electoral college is fundamentally disgusting. It throws away significant numbers of votes in many states by how they implement it with it's winner takes all nonsense. It discourages voting by building a sense of hopelessness amongst the minority percentage of a states population. State governments are not the ones that should be voting for the President of the United States. That's just wrong, regardless of whether that's how it's setup.

The only thing worse than the electoral college is the Senate. It gives people more rights / power over others based solely on where they live. States / countries don't really *exist*, they don't have human rights, they are constructs of our collective imagination. If "rural" people in sparsely populated areas need to be protected from the braindead masses in the city, there must be another way to protect them that isn't in violation of basic human decency.
You mean like what happens when millions of people from other states that have ruined their state then flock to your state and suddenly outnumber natives?
That kind of Minority %?

The kind like when giant city populations outvote rural populations that have vastly different needs but all the votes go to the candidate that sides with the cities?

Last edited:
It's not a matter of if they are in actual combat roles. They could be put into combat. That's why you want other non military organizations to exist as job programs. Ones where combat is never a "forced" option or you're out.

It's also a matter of scope creep, as an organization gets larger, and has more roles within it that aren't it's original mission, it gets bloated and fat. We want to trim fat, not make it fatter.
There has Never been an admin and thousands of others MOS that have been handed a Rifle and said get out there.

Granted other programs are needed but the vast majority of military never see combat or will see combat.

The military is hardly fat with people. Maybe a million total between all forces worldwide.

Of course it's unacceptable to you. You think they don't deserve to win, because they don't have your opinion. You are exactly the problem, not them.
That's silly. I'm not a partisan hack that believes only my opinion is correct. It's simply unacceptable that a collective of people with a very narrow view in the population centers get to decide how it goes for the whole country.

They damn sure don’t get to decide what’s best for the other 48 states when they can’t even agree inside their own state whats needed.

No matter what you believe They will foster their own needs and the rest of the country can go to hell.

You mean like what happens when millions of people from other states they have ruined their state then flock to your state and suddenly outnumber natives?
That kind of Minority %?

The kind like when giant city populations outvote rural populations that have vastly different needs but all the votes go to the candidate that sides with the cities?

What does "natives" have to do with it? You think Californians, Floridians, New Yorkers, are a different species than you? At the very least, we are all Americans aren't we? How local do we take native down to, is it important to be a native of the county, the city, the neighborhood, the apartment complex? Come on man.

If that state now has millions of people from other states in it, then guess what, it's not the same place it used to be anymore. It's a new, changed, place, comprised of the people that now live there. Those other places, that lost people, they are different now as well. Hopefully, in a fair system, these people all still have the same voting power and same human rights, regardless of if they are "natives" to Texas or North Carolina, or New York or California.

Giant city populations should outvote the few people that live in the country on certain things, if there opinions differ. We have local levels of government for local needs, such as whether we need a new water treatment plant, a new grain silo, if a road needs to be paved or not, etc.. Just because you live in the middle of nowhere doesn't mean your vote on whether abortion is legal, gays can marry, national tax rate percentages, matters of international politics, etc.. should carry more sway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy solar

diy solar
Back