diy solar

diy solar

New to this forum, just received my Eve 280 cells, wanted to say thanks.

I guess I have some reading to do because I don't know who Michael is. To be clear I think they were ordered and shipped before the new year holiday so the holiday was probably not a factor. I was promised 10 weeks and got them in seven weeks near Philadelphia. I plan to buy 8 more in the distant future so if there is a better way please let me know.

Being a newbie I wonder if there are any privacy issues with sharing QR codes :) I hope this doesn't enable folks to hack my cell voltage or alter jelly roll:).
Thanks. So you have B71 on your QR. Most of us received cells with B66. The first three digits on the other line are the date code. I think I see a 9A but I cant make out the third letter. Mine has an 8.

There has been much discussion about what all of this means. Since you have a code of B71 I believe your cells are from a newer lot. EVE has said they are the only one who can decipher the date code. I am not sure that's true. If you search for EVE QR Code you will see what I mean.

I am attaching the EVE spec sheet. Scroll down towards the bottom and you will see what they refer to as Battery Coding Rules. Please confirm if that's an 8 or 9 on your cell where the date code is. I am fairly sure that is the year of production. The spec sheet is a good read and I suggest everyone read the spec sheet that's specific to their cells.

You did good, you got better than the advertised capacity with the one cell. Good job.. (y) Did you test the others? As far as the oddball QR code I would not worry about that either providing the capacity test is acceptable.

Attachments

• EVE LF280N-72174 Specification.pdf
    682 KB · Views: 27
My test was a 12V 4S test so that did test all the cells. Two 300 watt 12V inverters feeding light bulbs and a 12v fan cooling the bulbs. Check out my other post today with the voltage of each cell plotted. I really thought that the voltage plot would generate more interest than fact that they weren't grade A but I guess I'm just a nerd. Here's a fun fact that you all probably already know: from 3.0V to 2.9V equals about 4 AH and from 2.9V to 2.8V equals about 2 AH. At least for my balance situation.

Back