diy solar

diy solar

New Docan 230Ah EVE Cells

if you watch some of these Channels on youtube like China Insights or China Uncensored you'll some messed up stuff.

If it is indeed a Chinese woman working in the Texas oil fields then she must have some pretty big kahunas. I do like the robust defense of itself, the bloke (Big John Craig) that taught me most of what I know always said people are at their best when they are defending themselves lol.
Gents, I am on an oil rig in Brazil UDW DP, plenty of my colleagues work for a US company here and we are not allowed to use lifepo4 batteries, rules are very strict, and we use mostly ups agm/gel batteries, maybe onshore oil rig they have a different system.

I have re-evaluated this thread... now I don't know what is going on :unsure::

Brett, your cells appear to be listed here:

These are legit? I think? But your QR code on that 1 cell... a Bit Blurry?

Damn this appears to be a repeat of what happened to LT. Dan:

Looks like Docan is doing the same thing Sending people cells from there Grade A pile reserved under the Ezeal Label. That or sales have crashed and they are dumping cells fast.

BUT at this point it looks to be legit, someone can verify with EVE and ask.

INSANE... Docan is the cheapest grade A vendor in the US at the min...:oops: as long as they send you cells form there Ezeal Pile.

Very confusing...

With shipping charges (to PA) the ezealco cells are cheaper then the Docan US stock cells with free shipping https://www.docanpower.com/index.ph...ct&product_id=464&search=230&description=true but the US stocked don't claim grade A like the China cells that claim grade A+ https://www.docanpower.com/index.ph...ct&product_id=452&search=230&description=true

I'm really torn on ordering now or waiting for the bottom to fall out and scooping up twice the amount... All I know is I'll be ordering at least 16 more before winter because my little 22kwh bank didn't fare well the spectacular production from Nov-Feb ?.

If the price of unistrut would drop too that would be awesome so I can get my 3rd array up.

Very confusing...

With shipping charges (to PA) the ezealco cells are cheaper then the Docan US stock cells with free shipping https://www.docanpower.com/index.ph...ct&product_id=464&search=230&description=true but the US stocked don't claim grade A like the China cells that claim grade A+ https://www.docanpower.com/index.ph...ct&product_id=452&search=230&description=true

I'm really torn on ordering now or waiting for the bottom to fall out and scooping up twice the amount... All I know is I'll be ordering at least 16 more before winter because my little 22kwh bank didn't fare well the spectacular production from Nov-Feb ?.

If the price of unistrut would drop too that would be awesome so I can get my 3rd array up.
Ahh I didn’t see the shipping costs. ordering 8 from Ezcle to NH has the price at 110/cell, too cute.

I wonder if they also charge a processing fee when using a credit card and have to use an alibaba pay portal like Docan.

Gents, I am on an oil rig in Brazil UDW DP, plenty of my colleagues work for a US company here and we are not allowed to use lifepo4 batteries, rules are very strict, and we use mostly ups agm/gel batteries, maybe onshore oil rig they have a different system.
LiFePO4 or any lithium? Is any lithium, it might be easier to ban lithium for the fire risk (like airplanes do for checked baggage) than to make the distinction, and the user not know how to tell the difference.

I was thinking about batteries for UPS and backup equipment, we have a huge quantity of batteries and replacement is every 2-max 3 years.
i would think rules and regulation for off shore rigs are WAY stricter than for on shore.
Fire or explotion on an off shore rig and nobody has anywhere to go .....

Sorry you feel this way, but I suspect many others feel the same, I'm just disappointed at how effectively the Chinese sellers have spread misinformation to the point the average joe has no idea what is what. ?
I would so appreciate it if you could point me to clarification on this. I can't find it. I've read many posts on here that state there is no such thing as graded cells. That there are cells that pass inspection to be sold as EV cells, and those that don't pass. Most likely, anything we can buy, even directly from the manufacturer, is not EV grade cells. Is there a huge difference? I can't say, I can't find where an EV cell buyer or a manufacturer has stated the base line.

All the cells come off the exact same fully automated assembly line.
Quality control these days is excellent.
There is not going to be a huge difference.

If you are going to put that battery into something very expensive, its probably worthwhile to spend the extra on testing and some documentation.

If you wish to purchase maximum amp hours for minimum dollars (as most of us here do) then you would be much better off buying more of the cheaper untested cells. The cells are all pretty much the same anyway. Some of the untested cells may actually be better than some of the tested cells !

Another thing to think about. Matched sets of cells.
How do you know that "your" particular matched set is not made up of a collection of cells that all measured the worst ?
There is far too much paranoia about all this.

I can beat that easily. He posts horror stories about China routinely--now that he's out of China.
Don't ask him about BYD electric cars, AT LEAST IT'S FUNNY
According to the EU BYD website for the 2022 Tang, the battery pack is made of Blade cells and it is a LFP battery. https://www.byd.com/eu/car/tang Scroll down to BYD Blade Battery and hit Learn More.

Either LFP isn't safe as he clearly called out the 2022 BYD Tang EV or something else is occurring with his reporting.

According to the EU BYD website for the 2022 Tang, the battery pack is made of Blade cells and it is a LFP battery. https://www.byd.com/eu/car/tang Scroll down to BYD Blade Battery and hit Learn More.

Either LFP isn't safe as he clearly called out the 2022 BYD Tang EV or something else is occurring with his reporting.
Well they seem to have a large problem with airbags not working to. Shorting any batteries never ends well and the bigger the battery the worse the ending of the story will be :)

So just picking a good battery compound still requires using it correctly so its possible its a design issue not the battery chemistry used.

Well they seem to have a large problem with airbags not working to. Shorting any batteries never ends well and the bigger the battery the worse the ending of the story will be :)

Some of the older BYD models did have lithium ion cells.

Watched this video and at the point of it he discusses battery fires in China.

So just picking a good battery compound still requires using it correctly so its possible its a design issue not the battery chemistry used.
Watching the video in this post it appears there might be a different agenda. Funny thing just happened writing this post, I ran across this video.

Watch the whole thing, it certainly is a contrasting video to the sensationalist video shown in that post.

I have re-evaluated this thread... now I don't know what is going on :unsure::

Brett, your cells appear to be listed here:

These are legit? I think? But your QR code on that 1 cell... a Bit Blurry?

Damn this appears to be a repeat of what happened to LT. Dan:

Looks like Docan is doing the same thing Sending people cells from there Grade A pile reserved under the Ezeal Label. That or sales have crashed and they are dumping cells fast.

BUT at this point it looks to be legit, someone can verify with EVE and ask.

INSANE... Docan is the cheapest grade A vendor in the US at the min...:oops: as long as they send you cells form there Ezeal Pile.
I'm hesitant to even get back in to this discussion..... but here is a quick snapshot of a random cell from the batch that started this

EVE 230 QR.jpg

Back