diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

Nah we all buying 280Ah cells, seems like US warehouse ships 2/box and china sends 4/box.

I don't know how much heavier the 280s are compared to the 230s, but I got 4 230s per box from Texas.

I don't know how much heavier the 280s are compared to the 230s, but I got 4 230s per box from Texas.
I thought lithium ion batteries were limited by watts or watt/hours per box to comply with shipping regulations or something like that. That might have been just for lithium polymer though and could have changed by now.

What's up with the 52 pages of repeated items, inconsistent item titles, product descriptions and images on the alibaba store?

Since I'm looking for some cells to replace the lead-batteries powering my 48v UPS and thus want to fit 16 of them in a 19" rack I need the measurements to figure out which ones are possible to fit on a shelf with compression fixtures.

Firstly there's so many repeated items it's hard to get an overview of what different cells they actually have, but eventually I find something like:

100 Ah, would suit me ok. Can't find much info about GFB. 2nd pic lists it as (H) 128 mm x (W) 174 mm x (D) 48.5 mm.
Price range is an unclear $10.00 - $44.99 ? Item listed as "GFB 48173125 3.2V 100AH" in quick specs, but then in full product specification it suddenly is "Lishen 272ah 3.2V Battery pack" and following images seems to match the "202*172*70 mm" in the description, that's now suddenly shifted order of the measurements and specified it as (L*W*H), but of course the cell isn't 70 mm tall.. measurements are suddenly given with top side towards the viewer..

Turning to docanpower.com to use the actual categories of batteries seemed like a way around this, but then i check CALB LF100:
5th image says (W) 160 mm x (H) 118.5 mm without any depth, but then description says "(Width):195.5 (Height):130.3 (Thickness):37 Thickness(300±20kgf,40%SOC)"

On top of this making it very annoying to plan what to get this feels quite unserious.

Qishou (what I've seen so far) and particularly Luyan seem much nicer in this regard, I can browse without fumbling blindly in an endless amount of items. I'm kind of considering EVE 105 Ah från Luyan, but everything B-grade below 280 Ah is out of stock and since I won't be cycling them that much it feels a bit excessive to go for A-grade.

Is there any good overview of Docan / commonly available cells so I can see what would fit and then just message them?

Is there any good overview of Docan / commonly available cells so I can see what would fit and then just message them?

Just look at the USA warehouse under LiFePO4 series. you will see what they have.

Just look at the USA warehouse under LiFePO4 series. you will see what they have.
I tried, but as I wrote the specifications there seem to be a mess too. And for example the GFB cell linked isn't even on there.

Emailing Jenny is the best way to obtain info of what they have in stock in Huston as well as what cells. I never looked at their listing online.

Got an email this morning from DOCAN saying that the LF280k will soon increase from 110 to 140-160 Just ordered another 32 cells LF280k and 2 JK BMS, Docan is now selling JK BMS :)
Not yet present on their main USA site, but I think that would be a great addition to Docan's product line. Within most power ranges I prefer JK models over their other competitors, and they do provide for upgrading a '4S' pack into an '8S' pack on the same BMS. You can't do that with Daly or JBD. Daly also doesn't provide active high-current balancing, I will not be buying a Daly in the future.

Got an email this morning from DOCAN saying that the LF280k will soon increase from 110 to 140-160 Just ordered another 32 cells LF280k and 2 JK BMS, Docan is now selling JK BMS :)
I wish they were selling the JK last month when I ordered my cells. I got the cells in 3 days from Houston, but it has been a month and I am still waiting for the JK from Hankzor. Yesterday, tracking indicated that it was "out for delivery" in my town but it did not show. Hopefully today.

Thanks for the info.
Are this EVE or CATL 280AH cells ? and is the price for Cells from China or US warehouse ?

$140-$160 is around the price for Grade A EV quality cells from EVE right now because of the covid shenanigans. From Luyuan they are $148 or something so this seems to make sense. I wonder if Docan will start to provide test reports...

Back