diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

As I mentioned in this post earlier in the thread, I ordered 32 cells from Docan. The tracking number in Europe just went live and they're on their way to Finland from Germany. I expect them to be here either later this week, or early next - depending on any possible delays. It's shipped with DPD after all...
That would make the total trip slightly over a month from order date.

I just got my 230's this morning. I was expecting welded studs, but they are not. Some sites specify that the non-welded are only rated for 4000 cycles, but the welded ones are 6000 cycles...
Just keeping it straight which is which. These are the 230's you got from the US warehouse?

As I mentioned in this post earlier in the thread, I ordered 32 cells from Docan. The tracking number in Europe just went live and they're on their way to Finland from Germany. I expect them to be here either later this week, or early next - depending on any possible delays. It's shipped with DPD after all...
That would make the total trip slightly over a month from order date.
My 16 came in the same boat then, as the tracking also just went live in Germany ? also with DPD

I ordered 36 230Ah cells from Amy Zheng at Docan. I paid on 15 April, they shipped on 22 April, and I received everything by 27 May. That's five weeks shipping from China to Florida, including several days on a UPS truck across the USA. I bought the 36 cells, three JBD BMSs, and 36 flexible bus bars.

Amy was on top of the order the whole time, and sent me a heads up email to watch for the shipment when she saw that UPS had picked it up.

She also included 36 free battery spacers for me! These things are great, and solved my problem of keeping the cells apart.

Yes, my cells have the square welded posts. I would buy from Docan again!
1654053748149.png

1654053776032.png

Interesting, I ordered 5 days before but haven't received yet (understandable as I am at the arse of Europe :LOL:), I wonder if I will get the spacers too

My mistake .. it was $123.88 / cell with shipping... :)

Invoice says

64 - $110 - $7,040

Shipping: $888

And just for comparison... The US stocked cells (LF230)...

32 - $90 - 2,880
Shipping: $1,008

Basically I got 64 China shipped 280's a better price than 32 of the US shipped 230's.. All from the same company and initial stock pool.
How long was the shipping? I would be cool with this if I don't have to wait 6 months.

I wonder if I will get the spacers too
Amy (Zheng) did tell me that she included the spacers when she sent the shipping email. It is possible you will get them, I suppose. Who did you order from?

I will add that I used Google Translate to thank her and hope she stays well in Chinese. No reason to not be very cordial and attempt to "do as the Romans do." If that got me a bonus, I'll take it!

How long was the shipping? I would be cool with this if I don't have to wait 6 months.
I was told by Amy they would ship out from China next week ... So I expect ... end of July. Just wish i had a few of the 280's so I could create the battery cap/separator's for this size battery and start printing them ... gonna take a while to print out enough for 64 more batteries.

Shipping should be 2, maybe 3 months at most.
Thanks.

Amy sent me pricing from China. About the same to get 280 from there vs 230 from here. Think I will go with smaller ones as they match all the others I have.

Shipping is not shut impacted by the lockdowns

Thanks.

Amy sent me pricing from China. About the same to get 280 from there vs 230 from here. Think I will go with smaller ones as they match all the others I have.

Shipping is not shut impacted by the lockdowns
I thought about that as well. But I was going to get enough for 6 - 46v banks, so decided to get 2 banks from the US stock, and for the same price get 4 banks from China. That gave me 2 banks to get everything started and figure out how to do everything and by the time I was comfortable with the "building of the banks" the others would arrive.

Plus by going for the 280's, I basically got and extra bank for free. :). Just my wacky logic I guess.

Amy (Zheng) did tell me that she included the spacers when she sent the shipping email. It is possible you will get them, I suppose. Who did you order from?

I will add that I used Google Translate to thank her and hope she stays well in Chinese. No reason to not be very cordial and attempt to "do as the Romans do." If that got me a bonus, I'll take it!
nah, didnt get them .... but I will ask how much will it cost to send it over via air mail.

cells arrived and look great ... they all at 3.295V +/- 0.002 and internal resistance is between 0.19 and 0.20 mOhm.
Don´t think I will bother capacity testing them :)

I ordered 36 230Ah cells from Amy Zheng at Docan. I paid on 15 April, they shipped on 22 April, and I received everything by 27 May. That's five weeks shipping from China to Florida, including several days on a UPS truck across the USA. I bought the 36 cells, three JBD BMSs, and 36 flexible bus bars.

Amy was on top of the order the whole time, and sent me a heads up email to watch for the shipment when she saw that UPS had picked it up.

She also included 36 free battery spacers for me! These things are great, and solved my problem of keeping the cells apart.

Yes, my cells have the square welded posts. I would buy from Docan again!
View attachment 96687

View attachment 96688

For spacers I cut up plastic file folders from Staples or Office Depot.

I went with IKEA to solve this issue… :)

No idea if it’s sufficient, but I recon it can’t hurt and it does feel pretty solid. Also get a little better ventilation between the cells since they aren’t covering the full area

No idea if it’s sufficient, but I recon it can’t hurt and it does feel pretty solid. Also get a little better ventilation between the cells since they aren’t covering the full area
I prefer something thin enough so standard bus bars work and covers entire cell surface. Otherwise expansion will be uneven when cells expand. Air circulation is not an issue with the way my cells are discharged and charged.

They arrived:

20220604_182234.jpg

- I only had time to do a quick visual inspection, but they all look fine. No swelling, no damage from the trip.
- They were ordered on April 20th, and arrived on June 3rd.
- The labeling on the box is wrong. UN3481 is for lithium batteries enclosed in equipment. They should use UN3480.

As a side note, I never told the rep (Sandy Zou) who I was on the forum, only that I came across Docan on this forum.

I'll run some tests as soon as I have time. I also have to make another set of my flexible bus bars - maybe I'll find time to document the entire process in a video.

My 230s had no labels of any kind either. Also don’t think they shipped via air as they came from TX to NH in 5 business days including the weekend.

Back