diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

Does Docan still have 280K cells in stock in the US? I've been looking but can't seem to find them anymore. But, I may be website-challenged as well.

Howdy,

I just took delivery of another 8 EVE282's from Docan USA.

Arrived on time and in excellent condition. They are still top balancing and I'll be putting them on line next week.

Contact Wendy or Amy, they are ROCK STARS....

I was able to get EVE 230 cells, but didn't ask about the 280's. It ended up being $121.50 per cell for the 230's (US stock), and the price from China was $122 per cell for the 280's. So I got 32 of the 230's form US stock (to get them quick) and 64 of the 280's from China. Even if it takes 2 months to get the China shipment, it gives me time to get the system up and running with the other cells.

I've been dealing with Amy @ Docan ... really quick responses to all my questions.

Just as I was getting home from work the UPS guy came with "boxes of lead" in his words. 16 perfect cells that all tested at 3.291 or 3.292v. 63 days from order to delivery from China I'm really happy with. Thanks Jenny!

These are the 280K's? I've now seen two different terminal type for the LF280K's. I wonder if this is a recent change.
2022022254618881.jpeg

Wow, only $12 for shipping for each cell? That is the very low shipping cost, most of them are around $30 per cell.
My mistake .. it was $123.88 / cell with shipping... :)

Invoice says

64 - $110 - $7,040

Shipping: $888

And just for comparison... The US stocked cells (LF230)...

32 - $90 - 2,880
Shipping: $1,008

Basically I got 64 China shipped 280's a better price than 32 of the US shipped 230's.. All from the same company and initial stock pool.

Last edited:
I just got my 230's this morning. I was expecting welded studs, but they are not. Some sites specify that the non-welded are only rated for 4000 cycles, but the welded ones are 6000 cycles...

Roy

I hoped that Docan would be the goto for batteries but after getting some bulgy 304's my faith took a dump. To be fair it was less than 4 out of 16 but I paid for new and I expected new. unbulgy batteries.
Good luck. Did they help you?

I just got my 230's this morning. I was expecting welded studs, but they are not. Some sites specify that the non-welded are only rated for 4000 cycles, but the welded ones are 6000 cycles...

Roy
You can tell what you got from the QR code (or the number below it) if you decode it.

My 230s do not have welded studs either. I don't know if they come with them.

Anyone have one of these for sale?

LF280KEVE 280Ah New Version 6000 cycle 3.2V Lifepo4 Battery Cell

My 230s do not have welded studs either. I don't know if they come with them.
After talking with Docan they said that was was was on the invoice. :). Amy said that they are the more popular version so that is what she wrote it up as.

Well it doesn't matter. I threadlocked the studs in mine (primed first since non ferrous), so all should be good. Assuming I did it right ?

Back