Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

BigDean

Just ordered and paid for my 16 x 280ah Eve cells from Jenny @ Docan. Great comms and price including shipping to the UK.

Shame I have to wait a few weeks now for them to turn up :-(

Thanks @Jenny Wu

BlueSmoke

Just received the pallet of 280Ah cells I ordered shipped out of Texas. Shipping wasn't as steamlined as I would like, but it was the carrier's fault, not the shipper. I receive freight shipments fairly regularly and these cells are the best packed shipment I've ever received. I'm used to seeing really beat up freight. A few of the boxes were hit with something during transit, but the shipper uses so much foam around the cells that I'm pretty confident the cells are in good condition even though I haven't opened those boxes yet.

Tonight I'll be unpacking inspecting, weighing, and volt testing the cells. After that, grouping cells, top balancing, assembling packs, and capacity testing.

Very good experience with Jenny and Docan Technology so far.

IMG_20211021_110654.jpg

The foam completely encloses the cells. Well protected, but kind of a pain to unpack and I'm going to have to make a trip to the dump. Better than damaged goods though.

IMG_20211021_110657.jpg

The boxes are thick cardboard and almost completely covered in tape.

IMG_20211021_110733.jpg

My only criticism at this point is that the boxes weren't wrapped to the pallet. You can see the load shifted a bit during transit. Wrapping all the way down typically prevents that. It probably isn't a problem with this shipment, but it certainly could have been.

IMG_20211021_110759.jpg

Jenny Wu

Docan Technology(Shenzhen) Co.,Ltd (Direct Sales)
The packaged 12 volt, 100AH battery is listed as in stock in Texas. http://www.powerwholesale.net/us-wa...ifepo4-battery-pack-free-shipping-p-3885.html

The specs say it uses a JBD BMS. I'm wondering if there's access available to the BMS using bluetooth or RS485? Also if there are any limitations to using 4 of them as a 48 volt battery?
Hi @tigerwillow1

Thanks for your inquiry. There's no RS 485, but some with bluetooth and some not. There ARE limitations to using 4 of them as a 48 volt battery.
They are on the way to Houston warehouse now. The ETA is 24th Nov. You can contact with me @Jenny Wu or @Amy Zheng directly for more details. Both are okay. Thanks.

Jenny Wu

Docan Technology(Shenzhen) Co.,Ltd (Direct Sales)
Just received the pallet of 280Ah cells I ordered shipped out of Texas. Shipping wasn't as steamlined as I would like, but it was the carrier's fault, not the shipper. I receive freight shipments fairly regularly and these cells are the best packed shipment I've ever received. I'm used to seeing really beat up freight. A few of the boxes were hit with something during transit, but the shipper uses so much foam around the cells that I'm pretty confident the cells are in good condition even though I haven't opened those boxes yet.

Tonight I'll be unpacking inspecting, weighing, and volt testing the cells. After that, grouping cells, top balancing, assembling packs, and capacity testing.

Very good experience with Jenny and Docan Technology so far.

View attachment 69668

The foam completely encloses the cells. Well protected, but kind of a pain to unpack and I'm going to have to make a trip to the dump. Better than damaged goods though.

View attachment 69669

The boxes are thick cardboard and almost completely covered in tape.

View attachment 69670

My only criticism at this point is that the boxes weren't wrapped to the pallet. You can see the load shifted a bit during transit. Wrapping all the way down typically prevents that. It probably isn't a problem with this shipment, but it certainly could have been.

View attachment 69672
Thanks for your good reviews and kind suggestions. We already confirm with our US colleagues and they will wrap to the plastic pallet in future.
Thanks again !~

tigerwillow1

Solar Enthusiast
Hi @tigerwillow1

Thanks for your inquiry. There's no RS 485, but some with bluetooth and some not. There ARE limitations to using 4 of them as a 48 volt battery.
They are on the way to Houston warehouse now. The ETA is 24th Nov. You can contact with me @Jenny Wu or @Amy Zheng directly for more details. Both are okay. Thanks.
Thank you for the info. This is a rare treat to get such a fast and informed response!

Bleedingblue

Solar Enthusiast
And tell us why FedEx is the worst.

Well they lost a box of 3 cells of mine. Won't even begin to look for em. Each box has a barcode on it and is scanned. They had it and it disappeared. Called and they said too bad so sad nothing they can do. If I don't like it contact shipper in China and tell them to file a claim.
Shipper in China says they have called several times and emailed them and no contact back. I just had to pay $550 to ship the cells to my house via air.

K8MEJ

Solar Addict
Just finishing up first 12v 280ah pack.

I would like to congratulate you for properly fusing your battery. Today, I'm moving my four 12v packs from wooden compression racks to SunFunKits boxes. I will also use MRBF fuses right on the battery post like you. I'll post pictures and a review of the SFK boxes when I'm done.

Where did you get those flexible bus bars?

Thanks

TomC4306

Solar Addict
I'll chime in with another positive review. Quick responses to questions. Easy purchase process. 3 days after payment I received pictures of cells being packaged with my name on the box. Coming from China. 16 pieces of EVE 160ah to join my already commissioned Lishen 150 pack.

Shale MacGregor

Solar Addict

Hedges

I See Electromagnetic Fields!

"Better power density than cable with lower skin effect ratio"

For DC (and 60 Hz ripple) applications?
:ROFLMAO:

Not that it causes any harm.

The lower skin effect would be due to rectangular cross section, larger surface area compared to round cable of same cross sectional area.
The flat laminations of these, and the multiple strands of cable, do nothing for skin effect.

These should be good for flexibility, reducing stress on terminals. So long as installed with a curve to allow motion of the ends.

"1.26 in. x 0.039 in., 189.46 kcmil"
"Length: 3 m"
"$246.10"

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

cinergi

1.21 Jigawatts
"Better power density than cable with lower skin effect ratio"

For DC (and 60 Hz ripple) applications?
:ROFLMAO:

Not that it causes any harm.

Don't underestimate this. I've directly observed the difference between cables and busbars. It adversely affected my BMS due to high voltage fluctuations in the cell-level readings, causing inappropriate balancing, SoC auto-adjustments, etc. I abandoned cables in favor of bus bars for these reasons.

Hedges

I See Electromagnetic Fields!
Don't underestimate this. I've directly observed the difference between cables and busbars. It adversely affected my BMS due to high voltage fluctuations in the cell-level readings, causing inappropriate balancing, SoC auto-adjustments, etc. I abandoned cables in favor of bus bars for these reasons.

I recall you showing photos of a big bank on racks, and making this change.

Do you get a difference in DC voltage drop, or AC voltage (seen by oscilloscope) along length of busbar?
How about difference in contact resistance between cell terminal and cable terminal? Or cable terminal to cable strands?

How do DC resistance measurements compare (if you have a way to do that.)

I've done the math on skin depth, using idealized models in engineering school.
At very high frequencies, surface roughness becomes part of the path length.

I take measurements of resistance and reactance vs. frequency for various components like chokes and transformers, using a meter that goes from 20 Hz to 100 kHz. The values change a lot over low frequency, and differ vs. DC ohms.

I also have designed, measured, used RF components, including 11 MHz transformers I hand wound with 30 awg wire-wrap wire, and procured from a vendor for production.

So my work doesn't exactly match busbar applications. I don't have equipment for high current tests other than battery/inverter and AC grid/resistive loads. But I have difficulty understanding how laminations vs. strands make a difference for battery DC 60 Hz ripple currents. I would hope kHz ripple from switcher is handled by capacitors in inverter.

S Davis

Solar Enthusiast
I would like to congratulate you for properly fusing your battery. Today, I'm moving my four 12v packs from wooden compression racks to SunFunKits boxes. I will also use MRBF fuses right on the battery post like you. I'll post pictures and a review of the SFK boxes when I'm done.

Where did you get those flexible bus bars?

Thanks
I got like 80” for around $100.00 shipped from galco.com it is three layer and rated for 250amps.