diy solar

diy solar

Poll: How was your experience with signature solar?

If you purchased products from Signature Solar, what was your experience?

• Fantastic! I have not had any issues

• I had an issue but they fixed it

• I had issues and will not purchase from them again

• I have never purchased through signature solar

Results are only viewable after voting.
If there was an option for "I have not purchased from Signature Solar but may in the future" I'd have checked that one.

Eyeing the Eg4 18kpv hard in comparison to a Sol Ark 15k to upgrade my current grid tied only setup.

Probably should be an option between fantastic and issues.
As in, it took me some time to get the info I needed from them, some emails didn't get answered, some emails were answered way after the purchase. But, no issues so far. So was it fantastic? no. Do I have issues? no.

So, makes me chuckle, it's worded so that if you didn't have issues, it was FANTASTIC!

Probably should be an option between fantastic and issues.
As in, it took me some time to get the info I needed from them, some emails didn't get answered, some emails were answered way after the purchase. But, no issues so far. So was it fantastic? no. Do I have issues? no.
In other words you’d like a “meh” option?

What about "I had an issue but I fixed it." My rack didn't fit the batteries, but I took it apart and moved the mounting rails forward. Not perfect, but it works.

I was all set to make a large purchase through them, but then saw how difficult it has been for people that had problems to get through to SS tech support and how long it was taking for their problems to be resolved. My system is being installed far outside of any cell service which would further compound any issues that arose in trying to troubleshoot problems.

If SS tech support were on the ball, people wouldn't NEED to come here for answers.
i frequently come here and ask here Frist because of all the good fast help i get here , even hold time was 2 mins i rather come do a quick search 24hrs a day and move on :) and i know if i ask at 3 am the next morning and someone will say hey try this

I'm curious.... How long has the perception of SS having horrible CS existed?
We purchased a Harvest Right freeze dryer. People warned us about the bad customer service, but they were basically the only game in town.
So one day we talked to a rep. He admitted that at that point, people had a right to complain. He went on to explain that they went from selling something like 600 units a month before the plandemic hit to selling over 6000. They simply were overwhelmed. But, they've supposedly started to catch up to the growth. We were fortunate, we didn't have issues like many people. So my view of the company is totally different than many other's views.

I'm guessing that this poll won't really tell you much because they sell a lot of stuff that won't require a tech call. I bought panels. If they work, no need to call. That's different than someone buying an inverter.

If we had that sponsor system here they could use it as another level of tech/sales support....

In other words you’d like a “meh” option?
I wouldn't say that. It just seems like there needs to be some "grey area" option where there was a problem/issue/question that is waiting on an answer (or an initial contact) from SS. When and if the questions/issues get answered will determine the result of purchasing again.

SS has had a list of questions from me that date back as far as Nov of last year that I'm waiting on answers on. Some of the questions require the answers to come from the manufacturer, so I understand that will take some time. Some require firmware updates that I'm waiting on.

I think the only people really left out are those for whom the resolution process is ongoing - and unfortunately with shipping, cost, and troubleshooting that can be weeks for some customers, so there will be a few. I'd suggest to them that they answer according to how they're currently feeling about the status of their resolution - would you buy from them right now, if you had the need and the cash for a product on their website?

It's hard to design a good survey, and this one conflates 4 separate questions, but I still think it's a valid and useful survey.

Back