diy solar

diy solar

Preconfigured battery bank from Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan

Skid

Solar Enthusiast
After months of obsessing and bugging members here about the perfect lifepo4 battery I chatted with Amy about two 24v 200ah in series for a 48v system. The website showed only cells but she was quick to reply with photos and more questions than I could answer. She had photos which look similar but not identical to the 24v 200ah battery at Xuba. She asked about charge/discharge rates and brand of BMS but seemed to know what members here like which isn't really surprising. She will get back to me on the price. For anyone who has ordered battery banks from her are there any special requests I should ask such as battery types, I would assume she will supply grade A or should I specify? It's my first order for my first system and don't want to screw up. I thought I'd gleaned more information here than I did.

If your target system is 48V, it is more prudent to build a 48V/200AH battery, rather than build 2x 24V and putting them in series to get 48V.
A single 16S battery requires a single 16S BMS versus two 8S BMS for the 24V batteries.

There is no benefit to doing 2 batteries in series as that only increases Voltage. 2 batteries in Parallel increase Amp Hours as well it splits Load & Charge between the battery packs.

She has negotiated arrangements with a commercial battery pack assembler who is fully outfitted for making battery assemblies, up to and including Matching, Batching & Binning cells (costs more). This is not at all like what Xuba was doing.

There was a posting by Ghostwriter regarding Chinese New Year, your dancing on the edge of the time-frame before the holiday shutdown, where China more or less shuts down for a full month.

Yes, I saw Ghostwriter's post later. I'll see how the timing works and if necessary postpone. Thanks for the info on assembly That's great she's already doing the things I was concerned about.

Hardware beyond nails is really limited here in Nicaragua and I don't want to risk needing the one little thing that's unavailable anywhere. I can't find something as simple as a toggle switch anywhere.

Moving a 200lb battery on two ships, a boat and who knows how many trucks to get here gives a lot of opportunities to get dropped, so two 100# batteries, while still too heavy for this old man are more manageable. Ideal is 4 50# 12v 100ah batteries but this seems a good compromise.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw Ghostwriter's post later. I'll see how the timing works and if necessary postpone. Thanks for the info on assembly That's great she's already doing the things I was concerned about.

Hardware beyond nails is really limited here in Nicaragua and I don't want to risk needing the one little thing that's unavailable anywhere. I can't find something as simple as a toggle switch anywhere.

Moving a 200lb battery on two ships, a boat and who knows how many trucks to get here gives a lot of opportunities to get dropped, so two 100# batteries, while still too heavy for this old man are more manageable. Ideal is 4 50# 12v 100ah batteries but this seems a good compromise.
Ohh I hear you on the bulk & weight. I had to heave my batteries onto shelves after I built them, darn 280's were "interesting" shall we say. I'm no spring chicken either, LOL.

Amy is quite attentive and has learned a lot through her interaction with the people. I've helped her with a few issues on the technical side so that she has a better understanding of the various pieces involved and what people are actually looking for. She's also made some very important connections and agreements since taking over Luyuan, including with a very serious battery assembly factory. There are changes, improvements coming to Luyuan very soon.

Amy seems every bit as qualified as I have read here. She said they can be ready in 6 days but if I'm not in a hurry they will extend the test time and aging test. I'm in no hurry so yes, please.

Except it's happening so fast I now have to make arrangements for a shipping location in Miami while I buy panels, inverter etc and arrange to have them all shipped here. I really wish her the best though I think they will do quite well without my help..

She is every bit as attentive and professional as I had read about here. Amazing, actually.

I am new to this forum. I am located Vancouver, Canada and would like to communicate with Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan. Can anybody let me know how to start that contact? I am looking for 4 280Ah prismatic cells to be shipped direct to Vancouver if that can be done at a reasonable (or no) cost. Many thanks,

Jed

Shipping anything anywhere costs money. Each 280AH cell weight 5kg / 11lbs.
There is no free lunch !

This is the Main Luyuan Site: Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co., Ltd. - Lifepo4 battery, LTO battery (alibaba.com)
On the right hand side of the screen, you can open a CHAT with Amy to talk to her.
KEEP IT SIMPLE, She has to translate everything back & forth.
From there she can give you info and an ACCURATE Quote to your address. The Shipping Guestimator on Alibaba is "loose".

FYI PRE-ASSEMBLED BATTERIES FROM LUYUAN
These are available at Special Request at this time. The new website update is supposed to include a sample listing of available models. Amy has negotiated a deal with a proper battery building company that does EV Packs and Commercial energy systems (not a fly by night deal) which is actually a pretty major player... These will NOT be cheap like some offerings from others due to the higher spec and quality + warranty. Sorry but I cannot elaborate further on this at this time. Once the Luyuan Site is refreshed and updated more info will be available. Site Revamp is expected somewhere around the end of January.

Well, everything was going great. The best 16 out of 25 tested and selected, boxes ready, and... faulty JBD BMS which couldn't be remedied until after the holidays. I've lived with daily power outages for years, some for a second and each time hoping the freezer doesn't blow up, two days ago for 6 hours. By May it should all be better.

I received a message from Amy that the new BMS arrived and the batteries will be tested and if all good, ready to ship in 3 days. Since I know nothing I will post the pics received without comment.

Attachments

• E247642D4F3923002BB1DD17F973FBD6.jpg
    E247642D4F3923002BB1DD17F973FBD6.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 3C6334FF8849469574150CB738A75451.jpg
    3C6334FF8849469574150CB738A75451.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 070E26F696684E76EB4DDE0F2BC42F60.jpg
    070E26F696684E76EB4DDE0F2BC42F60.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 1FDF89E62E7B1B4CBC22F691B916D2F9.jpg
    1FDF89E62E7B1B4CBC22F691B916D2F9.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 136
Getting closer. Amy messaged me that the BMS has arrived. It seems the two 24v batteries will be configured as one 48v with a JBD 16s 150A BMS keeping it all together. My guess is this is a good thing (?) as I will have basically a single battery divided so I can actually move it/them if needed and not have separate autonomous 24v units and trying to monitor both.

It's a good thing yes! I got 60lbs of LTO cells I have to take on a 3 hour hike. I should have ordered split pack to make it easy......China its also a shipping thing. Pallets from china raise costs a good amount.

I'm probably overthinking- it's something I do when I know nothing and want to understand. Amy sent a short vid of the display on the batteries as they are being assembled showing a 93% charge and 52v. Judging by the tables I've seen posted it should be closer to 53.6v. Since obviously the assembling company and Amy aren't concerned I probably shouldn't be either.

have to see the display, some of them most are just cheap voltage only display with an "about" range for %. just about useless but for looking fast at voltage not tied to the bms.

The batteries were sent off today. They sat 6 days after testing and show 52.6v both on the multimeter and the little box display. Now begins the next long wait. Hopefully by May I will have everything here to set up.

It took a little longer than expected, 8 weeks from payment instead of the original six days. She said more testing would take more time and that was fine with me. Now the long wait begins.

Thanks for all the help and good advice. I appreciate it very much.

Attachments

• Final testing after 6 days.jpg
    Final testing after 6 days.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 24
Ya that one is useless for a % of charge, just good for voltage display. One btn turns it off/on, other cycles % or voltage display. You might want to look at the victron smartshut if you need a real display or just see how your inverter does with display of the chemistry

Back