diy solar

diy solar

Problem with Solarcabin Channel - AIBU?

Way above my knowledge level... I recognize the words in that post...

I'm glad the diagram doesn't mention doping...

I was top in my Semiconductor Physics class. (in a second-rate school; I was previously failing same in a top school.)
Bunch of drawings of warped energy bands with doping and applied bias. I felt I barely survived it.
We are doomed. Or at least someone who does understand it will eat our lunch.

The guys at Bell Labs and Manhattan Project did amazing things.

I've become just a cog in a giant machine, maybe what I am able to understand can help my employer maintain an edge so my paychecks don't bounce.

Two atoms were walking down the street and one suddenly stops and says
Oh no, I think I lost an electron!
The other atom asks
are you positive?

:) thanks everyone for encouraging a healthy forum
we're all human and make mistakes!

glad this forum exists so that learning from mistakes made by others can relieve me of some trouble in building a solar thingy.
because before i found this place, building an ESS made me go "WTF?" ?

Two atoms were walking down the street and one suddenly stops and says

The other atom asks

:) thanks everyone for encouraging a healthy forum
we're all human and make mistakes!

glad this forum exists so that learning from mistakes made by others can relieve me of some trouble in building a solar thingy.
because before i found this place, building an ESS made me go "WTF?" ?
Never trust atoms.... They make up everything.
What do you call a gathering of nuclei at a church? Atomic mass.

Read through the Seagal and Cabin posts. And "conversational banter" posts aside, which are abundant and made regularly across this forum according to the rules.
I believe a lot of assumptions were made on both "sides" which definitely lead to various misunderstandings as well as a lot of unnecessary postings, rather than inquiries into the understanding of the logic behind the posts to correct any various assumptions being laid out within the posters scenarios.
Argument and debate afterall gives everyone on both "sides" a better understanding of each other's view points or unique use cases regardless.
The side banter that can help or not help lighten the mood of a particular conversation should be taken at that, just friendly banter.
Hopefully these distinctions can be made by the adults of the opposing "factions", and the debates will be seen for their underlying merit. A better understanding can be had of each sides own perspective.

Last edited:
I wish a moderator would delete the thread.

IMO if you have a problem with the guy, report the posts and place him on the ignore list. If appropriate, the mods will boot him from this forum like others have been booted or he has been booted from others.

I feel a post complaining on a particular person adds fuel to a fire.
100% correct.. Most people with half a brain are not gonna listen to just one answer or opinion to their questions.. People can see who has been giving out good advice for the last few years and go with that.. After all it is the internet.. And there are not many experts.. But alot of self proclaimed.. The ignore function seems like a good idea in this situation.. Might be he just dont like you seagal.. I value the vast info here and the people who post it.. I do not see anything nasty he said to you or anyone else.. And if he is wrong he is wrong.. He will be corrected by a handfull of other users here...He does get to have an opinion.. And a newbie like me to solar will probably make the correct decision based on that.. That is how I see it anyway.. Probably should have just sent a mod a pm and left it at that.. YMMV, I'm sure.. Edit.. I spend a sh!t ton of time reading in the short time I have been here..

100% correct.. Most people with half a brain are not gonna listen to just one answer or opinion to their questions.. People can see who has been giving out good advice for the last few years and go with that.. After all it is the internet.. And there are not many experts.. But alot of self proclaimed.. The ignore function seems like a good idea in this situation.. Might be he just dont like you seagal.. I value the vast info here and the people who post it.. I do not see anything nasty he said to you or anyone else.. And if he is wrong he is wrong.. He will be corrected by a handfull of other users here...He does get to have an opinion.. And a newbie like me to solar will probably make the correct decision based on that.. That is how I see it anyway.. Probably should have just sent a mod a pm and left it at that.. YMMV, I'm sure.. Edit.. I spend a sh!t ton of time reading in the short time I have been here..
The problem is most people take post count as being a representation of the quality of the advise (with reality being post count = no outside life most of the time :) ).

At the rate the aforementioned subject of this thread was going post count wise he would look like an old timer in no time.

The problem is most people take post count as being a representation of the quality of the advise (with reality being post count = no outside life most of the time :) ).

At the rate the aforementioned subject of this thread was going post count wise he would look like an old timer in no time.
I guess those would be the one's with that half brain thing.. Post count And time here Plus the info they have given with nobody correcting them is the best way to do research.. But I do get where you are coming from..

Sounds like an interesting question for a poll.
Very general statement but perhaps could be more focused.

Back